Tell us about your rig...if you dare!

Inevitably in a games forum, the issue of people's computers comes up.

I am just about to upgrade, currently running off my 5-year-old work laptop right now, and was curious to know what cool machines others were running.

Please, not interested in who made your computer, just the specs. Also, let us know what games run smoothly on it, and at what resolutions with what features turned on. Also, what OS.

I will start.

Pentium M 1.4GHz (believe this was the first Centrino)
1GB of RAM
nVidia GeForce 420 Go with 64MB (top res 1024x768)
Viewsonic VP201b (20" 4:3 LCD)
100 GB 5400 rpm drive
Windows XP SP2

This little guy got me through 10 months of WoW (2 months of beta) with no slowdown in game at all, and that was in addition to running Venty and Teamspeak. WoW res was at 1024x768, no whistles or bells turned on.

Mine is about 2 yrs old now but I think it will do for what I want at least I hope so :smiley:

Intel Pentium 4
CPU 2.60 GHz
2.5 GHz Ram
Direct X9.0c
Geforce FX 5900Xt
128 MB
Windows XP Home
20" LCD

My system is ok....

Pentium 4 HT 3.4 Ghz
1 GB DDR 3200 RAM
Radeon X300 128mb
250 gb Hard drive
dvd-rw burner
cd-rom drive
Soundblaster Audigy 4 card
17" CRT MOTHA $%^#as! CRT RULEZ! Not really....

Um, did I miss anything? Oh!

I can run at 1024x768 for Star Wars Republic Commando, Medium settings for BFME II with about 15-20 fps (horrible) and BF2142 at... 1024x768 I think.

CPU's: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz x 2

System Ram: 2 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (256 MB)

Hard Drive: 150 GB

Monitor: Dell generic 17" (upgrading soon to 19” NEC MultiSync 90GX2)

Keyboard: Dell Multimedia Keyboard

Mouse: Logitech MX610 (upgrading soon to Genius Netscroll+ Superior USB)

I am just about to upgrade my main PC's CPU and Mobo

Current: Pentium D dual core 3.00ghz
Planned: Core 2 Duo E7600
2GB ddr ram
eVGA Nvidia GeForce 7900 GT 256mb
(Deciding if I should get a second for SLI or wait for DX10 cards)
DELL 2405 FPW 16:9 24"
Soundblaster Audigy Platinum
Windows XP Pro

Second machine is:
P4 3.4ghz HT
GeForce FX 5950
2GB ddr ram
xp pro
20" dell lcd

I have been able to play pretty much everything at max graphic settings with good FPS, including Oblivion, Doom3, Half Life 2, etc., until NWN2 released. NWN2 gave me some probs so I had to update my nvidia drivers and tweak a few things. It is playing perfectly now, but I haven't tried putting all the settings back to max in the outdoor areas since updating the drivers.

Mmm...just built this about a month or so ago...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ AM2
2 gig 6400 DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 7800 GT 256
320 gig SATA + 120 gig PATA hard drives
er...19" Dell LCD (swiped from boyfriend, mwahaha!)

Got a new case, too...black, blue LED fans...which actually look nice with my green LED CPU fan and my RANDOMLY BLINKING Corsair RAM lights.

/pet

HJ-Girasol said:
Mmm...just built this about a month or so ago...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ AM2
2 gig 6400 DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 7800 GT 256
320 gig SATA + 120 gig PATA hard drives
er...19" Dell LCD (swiped from boyfriend, mwahaha!)

Got a new case, too...black, blue LED fans...which actually look nice with my green LED CPU fan and my RANDOMLY BLINKING Corsair RAM lights.

/pet

I have been an Intel guy for many years, but I have nothing against AMD. Was going to try and give them a shot this time, but their 5200+ chip, which is about equivalent to the Core 2 Duo has still not been released for AM2. I am forced to go Intel again :(

Navarre, I think the 6700 Core 2 Duo is what I will end up with as well.
Already have the motherboard - ASUS USA

Like you, I will probably wait for DirectX 10 boards, have to live with the 7800 GTXs in SLI for a bit.

And those who have 'lower end' systems still look pretty nice to me and my little laptop :smiley:

Processor - Core 2 duo E6700
Mobo - Asus p5n sli
Graphics card - GeForce 7950gt
Ram - 2 Gig
Sound Card - Soundblaster X-fi extreme music
HD's - 150 gig WD Raptor, 300 gig WD 7200
Monitor - Viewsonic VX922 19" 2ms

Everything runs smoothly with settings turned all the way up and I usually play at 1280x1024 rez. Battlefield 2142, NWN 2, and Midevil 2 look amazing with max settings.

okay, all i know about the computer i use is my dad is illegally using windows xp, because when i try to download upgrades to the computer like basic stuff like... i think an updated version of windows media was the last thing I tried.... it didn't take and it said that it was because we were using a counterfeit version of WinXP.. some shht like that....

probably posting info you don't care for but oh well... heh.

Desktop:

Athlon 64 3500+ (nForce 4 motherboard)
2 gig dual channel RAM
Radeon x850 256MB PCIe card

Nothing too special in the rest of it, except either the case switch or the MB is going a little wonky - I can't shut down or I'll spend an hour or two to turn it back on - standby works fine, though the case fans and lights keep going. Might be time for an upgrade, too bad I need to save up for my wedding.

Laptop:

Dell Inspiron E1550
Core Duo @ 1.66 MHz each
1.5 gig ram (really need to get a matching stick for the 2 gig upgrade: see above why not any time soon)
ATI Radeon Mobility x1300 128MB discrete RAM

Personally, I'd love to build a new desktop some time next year and get a new laptop the year after - hopefully with more than $800 to spend on each. Well, here's hoping!

Recently built a new rig

Intel Core Duo E6400
2Gig 6400 DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte DS3 MoBo
Sound Blaster Xi-Fi Xtreme music
ATI Radeon x1900xt 512
2x 250Gig Samsung SpinPoint HDDs
in a Lian Li PC-7 case

I need to buy a new computer mine is 7 years old Dell 1.3 ghz with 1 gig of rimms. 128 graphics card. Currently running Win2k.

Before I either build or buy a new computer. I have a question directed towards the HJ dev members. Any hints on how HJ might work with Vista when it comes out?

Waiting for an upgrade... once I pay off my partners Dell, I'm buying one... but my current rig is:

AMD 2400 2.0GHz
1GB RAM
300GB HD space
ATI 9600 128MB vid card
Gigabit Ethernet (for those computer to computer file transfers baby)
Windows XP Pro

FileServer:

Intel Pentium III 550 MHz Xeon Dual Processor
512MB RAM
Gigabit Ethernet
1TB Disk storage
Gentoo Linux

:P

Back