Tennis Anyone?

I love tennis. It's my favorite sport to play since I've been out of college (Golf too). I actually did my internship for graduation at a YMCA as a Tennis Management Intern. And I love Andre Agassi. I've followed his career since he turned pro. He's looked good so far at the Australian Open.

👋 Hi!!! I'm in love with tennis! haha, It's the best sport ever!

So...Aussie Open picks?!?

Mine of course..Andy Roddick. What else is knew? :angel2: :rolleyes:

I'm hoping James Blake beats Marat Safin, so him and Andy can play in the quarterfinals. And I think Agassi will meet Roddick in the semis. But for Finals, I don't care who Andy plays. Either Ferrero or Federer I'm guessing, anyone but Henmane :hide: His eyes scare me!

Lol cool :cool: .. but wat bout Lleyton? He's always a favourite! hehe
I like Andy Roddick aswell.. he's pretty good lookin' aye! ;) hehe
Oh who won out of Todd Reid and Roger Federer? I missed it cos we went into town.. :( I bet Federer won..? Agassi is cool.. i like the way he walks.. its funny looking hehe :D People say my dad looks like him! :thinking:

Venus lost yestarday againts Lisa Raymond :woot:

I Couldn't believe it!!! :eek: :lol: :eek:

Lisa Raymond provided the biggest shock of the Australian Open so far by knocking out third seed Venus Williams in straight sets.
Williams, playing her first tournament for over six months, was well below par throughout, committing a total of 44 unforced errors.

But Raymond kept her nerve brilliantly against last year's finalist to emerge a 6-4 7-6 (7-5) winner.

Raymond had never won a set against Williams in three previous encounters.

"I couldn't ask anything more of myself today," said a delighted Raymond.

"I think I played an incredible match.

"It's pretty difficult to play someone who is serving like that today. I came into this match knowing I had to step up to the plate and go for it - it's the only way I was going to win."

Williams served 14 aces and managed 40 winners but despite fighting back from a break down to force a second-set tiebreak, she was unable to raise herself to force a decider.

"I'm pretty much in shock," said Williams after her worst Grand Slam performance since losing in the first round of the 2001 French Open.

"I still can't believe it. That's the way I feel after every loss. But that's the way it goes, you win some, you lose some."
from BBC.

BTW, GO Justine :cool: :cool:

that was a shock to me when i heard the venus lost to lisa raymond.

i want davenport or clijsters (is that how you spell it?)to win the womens and either agassi or roddick to win the mens.

Awesome!! Tonites matches are gonna be sooooo good!! I have a feeling Lleyton mite get his ass kicked..!? Though i sure hope not!! lol
Did you all watch Lleyton's match against that young 17 year old.. Rafeal or something? That was some great tennis and that guy has so much potential to go far!! hehe :D:smiley:;)

Did you all watch Lleyton's match against that young 17 year old.. Rafeal or something? That was some great tennis and that guy has so much potential to go far!! hehe
I saw the last set or two of that, Rafael Nadal has heaps of potential, too bad Mark and Lleyton lost.

ETA: Do you guys reckon we should ask an admin to merge this thread and Tennis so it's easier?

Back