Tennis

Yup, Kim is #1, higher than the Williams sisters, and Andy is also #1 (That's all for ATP standings, which are for the points race, but don't include the whole year) Hope that all makes sense :blink:

Yep Kimmy's #1 and Andre's #1. yay.

Kimmy needs to win a grand slam but I'm hoping for Williams family cup #5 in other words Venus takes it home. Another RU finish for Kim and she'll definitely be labeled a chokester. Kim vs. Venus final, I hope. The draw is being done right now. *cross fingers*

Actually, Andy's currently #1 for the ATP Champoinships race, but Andre is for the Entry system.

Here's the mens list if anyone is interested.

Pos. Name Points Pos.moved
1) Roddick 607 +4
2) Federer 599 -1
3) Ferrero 574 +1
4) Coria 539 0
5) Agassi 515 -2
6) Schuettler 447 0
7) Moya 368 0
8) Nalbandian 268 +2
9) Philippoussis 261 -1
10) Grosjean 254 -1

8/18/03 - With his dramatic win over Mardy Fish in the finals of TMS Cincy, Andy moves into the top slot of the champions race for the very first time in his career! Congratulations Andy! However, his lead over Roger Federer is only a small one, so there's a lot to play for during the US Open.

ATP Entry System (as of 8/18/03)

Pos. Name Points Pos.moved
1) Agassi 3920 0
2) Federer 3825 0
3) Ferrero 3625 0
4) Roddick 3415 0
5) Coria 2930 0
6) Hewitt 2725 0
7) Moya 2570 0
8) Schuettler 2270 0
9) Grosjean 1880 0
10) Novak 1795 +1

yes but the race is just points towards the masters cup in Houston, the world #1 ranking goes to Andre.

Kim is #1 in the race and in the rankings.

Anyway, Kim vs. Venus final can happen! :D I'm so happy! They both have relatively easy draws. It's ON!

Kim Clijsters is the biggest fluke ever in women's tennis history because she reached #1 while Serena and Venus don't play due injuries. Also, they announced that they pulled out from the US Open (Venus announced in an hour ago!) along with Monica Seles. Lindsay Davenport still battle with her foot injury. Amelie Mauresmo has rib injury and it seems OK this week at New Haven. Same as Jennifer Capriati who forced retired during her Stanford final with shoulder injury.

Anyway, if Kim wins the Open and she would be biggest fluke winner! So, I rather Amelie wins it! ALLEZ AMELIE!

Agent Kernaghan said:
Kim Clijsters is the biggest fluke ever in women's tennis history because she reached #1 while Serena and Venus don't play due injuries. Also, they announced that they pulled out from the US Open (Venus announced in an hour ago!) along with Monica Seles. Lindsay Davenport still battle with her foot injury. Amelie Mauresmo has rib injury and it seems OK this week at New Haven. Same as Jennifer Capriati who forced retired during her Stanford final with shoulder injury.

Anyway, if Kim wins the Open and she would be biggest fluke winner! So, I rather Amelie wins it! ALLEZ AMELIE!
kim's a really good player, she's consistent and has beaten every player in the top 10 !

and hey, the fact that the others are struggling with injuries isn't kim's problem... that's the way the world goes round ... kim was injured for a few months last year but she still menaged to make it to the top... she's superb !

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='Aug 22 2003, 03:44 PM'][quote name='Agent Kernaghan' date='Aug 22 2003, 02:16 PM'] Kim Clijsters is the biggest fluke ever in women's tennis history because she reached #1 while Serena and Venus don't play due injuries. Also, they announced that they pulled out from the US Open (Venus announced in an hour ago!) along with Monica Seles. Lindsay Davenport still battle with her foot injury. Amelie Mauresmo has rib injury and it seems OK this week at New Haven. Same as Jennifer Capriati who forced retired during her Stanford final with shoulder injury.

Anyway, if Kim wins the Open and she would be biggest fluke winner! So, I rather Amelie wins it! ALLEZ AMELIE![/quote]
kim's a really good player, she's consistent and has beaten every player in the top 10 !

and hey, the fact that the others are struggling with injuries isn't kim's problem... that's the way the world goes round ... kim was injured for a few months last year but she still menaged to make it to the top... she's superb ! [/quote]
Yes, that's right. It's not Kim's fault... oh well, that's life! :P

hey, I was just watching Hewitt's game. he was winning.

And Coria won!!! :woot:

And i was wondering where the tournnament is held.

Yup, it's in New York. Wohoo! Andy's playing Tim Henman first round, it should be starting soon..He's gonna beat Henman this time!

The winners so far, advancing to the next round...

Mardy Fish
Lleyton Hewitt
Taylor Dent
Juan Carlos Ferrero
Robby Ginepri
Todd Martin
Arnaud Clement
Martin Verkerk
Andreas Vinciguerra
Wayne Ferreria
Nikolay Davydenko
Fernando Verdasco
Jurgen Melzer
Hyung-Taik Lee
Stefen Koubek
Ramon Delgado
Jonas Bjorkman
Gregory Caraz
Guillermo Coria
Kenneth Carlsen
Davide Sanguinetti
Bohdan Berdych
Andre Agassi

(men that is)

Stay tuned for more of my coverage from the US Open!! :smiley:

Jelena Dokic beat Emmanuelle Gagliardi 6-4 6-2!! Whoo-hoo!! Jelena definitely owned Emmanuelle!! They played 5 times and Emmanuelle won only one set of them.

Jelena Dokic v Mary Pierce next!! :eek: I must watch that match for sure!!

YAY!!! Andy beat Henman!!! :D Of course he did, Brad was wearing his Reebok hat! lol I was scared for the tiebreaker, but the Roddster always wins tiebreaks!
Pewey..i lost my match today :( O well, tomorrow's game is gonna be better! :smiley:

*goes off 2 check todays US Open scores..*

Jelena Dokic was up at 2-6 7-5 5-1 and amazing comeback from Mary Pierce to win the match!! :eek:

Oh well, aleast we have Aussie players in R3!! Alicia Molik just lost to Paola Suarez in third set!! :angry: Nicole Pratt is our hope remaining at the US Open. She will play next against Ai Sugiyama which she owned the Japanese 4-1. She lost that match because she retired so, it looks good for tomorrow!!

C'mon NICOLE!! You can do it!! :D

OMG!!!! Can I just say..WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were in the 4th set, and Andy won the tiebreak 10-8 finally, and they had a birthday countown for him, they gave him a cake, and everyone sang Happy Birthday to him!!! That was the best match I've ever seen in my entire life!!! Oh i wish I coulda been there!! WOW!!! Man, Andy is amazing...that may have been better or as good as an episode of ALIAS!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Tamarine Tanasugarn is so CUTE!! :D She celebrated at 6-2 5-2 because she thought she won but realised it's 6-2 5-2!! LMAO!! Finally, she won so, she can celebrated!! ;) I like the way she celebrated and it's so cute!! :D

I'm gladly that she beat the pencil girl!! :D GO TAMARINE!!

I'm not really into the open this year but I really enjoyed Novak vs. El Aynaoui and Federer vs. Blake. Men's tennis is always better during the first week unless a top women's player is tested and goes 3 sets, i.e. Serena vs. Loit AO '03.

there's currently a rain delay... go Capriati, I guess.

Back