Terminal Reality Wants Us To Stop Prematurely Judging ‘The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct’

Sheldon

Dreamsmasher

I’m beginning to wonder if that fan-made trailer was actually made by a fan. If they were a fan of the game, then they must feeling pretty awful right about now, because that trailer has done nothing good for Terminal Reality’s desperate efforts to make their game look good. Even a fresh batch of screens, while significantly easier on the eyes, have failed to soothe my worries for the game. In an interview with Eurogamer, Terminal Reality’s principal effects artist Glenn Gamble defended the game and asked fans to stop judging it based on early footage. More after the break.
“It’s old footage. That’s the short answer of it. Hopefully what you saw today proves testament to that. It caught us off guard. It was a fan trailer cut together from another interview I had done. Hopefully you saw the differences between the two. The game looks incredible. It was old footage. It’s what we had at the time. We’ve made big strides since then.”
Gamble said while discussing the fan-made trailer that released earlier this month and managed to fool many news sites (including us) as well as Activision’s community manager.

All that makes sense. We shouldn’t judge a game based on old footage. Unfortunately, here we are, two months away from the game’s release, and it would seem that all we’re seeing is old footage, bland screenshots, and possibly the worst announcement trailer I’ve ever seen. Thankfully, Gamble has something to say about that, right?
“That’s the thing about a game. It’s constantly evolving and getting better. Time is the ultimate enemy of any game. If everybody had four years and an infinite budget every game would probably be infinitely better than they are. But eventually you run out of time and the date gets cut off and you just have to make the game at that point.”
So instead of saying something like “don’t worry, you guys haven’t seen the best stuff yet!” Gamble tells us we shouldn’t expect the game to look great because they didn’t have four years and an infinite budget with which to develop their game.

By the way, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct releases at the tail end of March, after God of War: Ascension, Gears of War: Judgment, Tomb Raider, and on the same day as BioShock Infinite and Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel. Is anyone else getting the feeling Activision realizes this game doesn’t quite reach the bar set by Telltale’s Walking Dead game, so they’re burying it in the crowded March line-up?

Source: Terminal Reality Wants Us To Stop Prematurely Judging ‘The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct’

Attachments

• TWD3.jpg
    TWD3.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 99
Huh, that's interesting. From all the footage I have seen, still looks pretty good to me.

“That’s the thing about a game. It’s constantly evolving and getting better. Time is the ultimate enemy of any game. If everybody had four years and an infinite budget every game would probably be infinitely better than they are. But eventually you run out of time and the date gets cut off and you just have to make the game at that point.”

Yeah, that's a pretty bad statement to give to people when they are worried the game may suck, lol. Still looking forward to it though.

Back