Sci-Fi Terminator 4: Salvation (2009)

Sam Worthington Admits Terminator 4 Didn't Make Any Sense [Terminator]

Sam Worthington Admits Terminator 4 Didn't Make Any Sense [Terminator]

The half-man, half-robot from McG's Terminator 4, Sam Worthington, owns up to the gigantic Harvester-sized plot holes in his last picture and admits, "I gotta be a bit better when I'm looking through my scripts."

In and interview with Sam Worthington on the set of his new picture, The Clash of The Titans, Worthington addressed the terrible hype that surrounded his last picture, Terminator Salvation.

It's kind of humbling the way they described your performance against Christian's, but we have no control over that. We just have try and do the best character we can do at that time. And I can nitpick with the best of them, man, and go down the list of things I saw on IMDB where they found holes in it and go, 'You are f***ing right. If there was a big ten-ton robot coming outside that gas station, surely we would f***ing hear it!' And I missed that! So I go, 'I gotta be a bit better when I'm looking through my scripts!' So that kind of raises my games a bit, cause I feel like an idiot for not saying it to McG.​
It's refreshing to see Worthington addressing the film's gigantic issues in a no-nonsense way, responding honestly to Internet chatter instead of blinding himself in a "It's them, not me" kind of way.

Worthington also goes on to address the Avatar naysayers explaining that you have to see the James Cameron film in an IMAX, not on your laptop. Read the entire interview over at Hitfix

(Via io9)

Hi Kevin,

Its a great official clip of terminator. I like the movie very much as there is final combat in this movie.
I like the character of John in this movie. Its end is very terrific , I don't like its ending. This movie is overall an average movie because there is too much noise in this movie which deals with hammering stuck in our brains. I like the ammunition and primary ammo in this movie.

Thanks

Terminator 4 Salvation

this movie is NOT "terminator salvation". This is called "The terminators", a totally different movie......

pls rename this thread..

Re: Terminator 4 Salvation

this movie is NOT "terminator salvation". This is called "The terminators", a totally different movie......

pls rename this thread..

Yeah, you got confused. I saw that other film too, but that's not the one this thread is discussing.

I just watched "Terminator Salvation" for the first time 2 days ago. I have to say that my disappointment was immense! I agree with the above poster who said "they should have stopped after the second one".

FWIW, I thought Terminator Salvation was a pretty decent film, all things considered. If anything, it provided a clean break from the first three Terminator films, which was refreshing.............. :cool:

Salvation has given the frachise a new direction, which is good

the first terminator is a all round tighter film than the second, T2 is more liked because of the [still] amazing FX

every film after the first one should of been a '18' cert.

After Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust, a group of survivors led by John Connor struggles to keep the machines from finishing the job.

Here is a quote from a movie news post I did awhile ago at one of my other sites. I find it interesting that Terminator 5 is set to be part of a new trilogy in the Terminator Universe

ComingSoon wrote:
The Terminator Will be Back for a Fifth Film
Source: Variety
December 15, 2008

Halcyon Co. executives Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek are developing a fifth installment of the "Terminator" franchise with Terminator Salvation director McG, reports Variety.

The trade says the news came out of the Dubai International Film Festival. McG was in Dubai for the announcement.

No decision has been made as to where to film the next "Terminator," although the Middle East was mentioned as a locale.

Christian Bale has signed on in the role of John Connor for all three films in the newly planned trilogy. The next installment, after Terminator Salvation, is tentatively scheduled for a 2011 release.

Anderson and Kubicek had originally planned to wait until the release of Terminator Salvation next summer before deciding on whether to proceed with the next chapter, but the positive studio, fan and media reaction to footage from the current film has encouraged them to move forward ahead of schedule.

"We feel the time is now to start shaping the next part of this," Kubicek said.

Terminator Genisys (2015) - IMDb
Because this project is categorized as in development, the data is only available on IMDbPro and is subject to change.

123 nonstop wrote:
Overview
Language

Country
(Hollywood) USA

Ratings/Votes

MPAA Ratings

Production Company
Halcyon Company, The [us]

Production Designer

Producers
Anderson, Derek (VI)
Kassar, Mario
Kubicek, Victor Kent

Directors

Writers
Cameron, James (I)
Hurd, Gale Anne

Release Date
(USA) - 2012

All Release Dates

Running Time

Tagline

Keywords
sequel, fifth-part, the-terminator

Technical

It is a game that I used to play but have not for years. When I was but a young lad my brother & I would play chess along with backgammon & some other games. Took 2nd place in an elementary school competition. Unfortunately nobody else in the family or circle of friends played so it has been a good 15 or 20 years since I've played anybody else in real life.

Over the years I occasionally play electronic versions, have a version on my Droid right now, but am quite rusty.

Thinking out loud... Battle Chess would make for a killer game to remake for Android/iOS tablets.

Speaking of chess... it was today, Feb 17, in 1996 that champion Gary Kasparov beat IBM's "Deep Blue" AI computer system. Their six game match at the Philly Convention Center started Feb 10 and culminated on Feb 17 with the defeat of Deep Blue. On year later, on May 11 1997, Deep Blue would be victorious in their rematch.

The other night I was up late working on some code and had this playing in the background Something caught my attention... in the scene with the giant robot that picks up the humans, why is it bellowing black smoke like an exhaust? 🤔 It looked like something that would've been better fitted for the Will Smith version of Wild, Wild West instead of this movie.

The other night I was up late working on some code and had this playing in the background Something caught my attention... in the scene with the giant robot that picks up the humans, why is it bellowing black smoke like an exhaust? 🤔 It looked like something that would've been better fitted for the Will Smith version of Wild, Wild West instead of this movie.
Black smoke is partially-burned fuel. An engine that's running properly will burn all of the diesel fuel completely, making CO2 and water. So black smoke means something is causing the fuel to not burn completely. ... Not enough air means incomplete fuel combustion.