Sci-Fi Terminator 4: Salvation (2009)

Re: new Terminator movie to have "surreal" silver added visuals

This truly is going to be a horrendous movie, isn't it?

Considering Hollywood's penchant/record for taking sci-fi novels and/or movie serials and ruining them over time, I wouldn't bet against it....... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Case in point, Starship Troopers....excellent novel to read, but one of the most horrid films ever made IMO.

Re: new Terminator movie to have "surreal" silver added visuals

Case in point, Starship Troopers....excellent novel to read, but one of the most horrid films ever made IMO.
Wha-wha-whaaa? I mean, yeah, it was no Citizen Kane (or Star Wars, or Metropolis, to choose more appropriate references)... but one of the most horrid films ever? No way.

Heck, it's worth watching just for the combat footage... and, of course, the co-ed shower scene.

;)

But I am a bit concerned about McG getting his hands on a "real" film. Admittedly, I've only seen the horrors that are the Charlie's Angels films... did anybody see We Are Marshall? Did he redeem himself in that movie? Is there any hope for Terminator: Salvation?

Christian Bale and Arnold Schwarzenegger meet in Malibu

Christian Bale and Arnold Schwarzenegger meet in Malibu

Filmwad said:
Batman and Mr. Freeze met in Malibu, which of course resulted in a rumor about the next Terminator flick.

No one knows what they spoke about, but a fan sent this in to Latino Review:

I should make it clear, i have varous contacts in WB and from what i've been told the fans are in for a treat. The premise of Arnie's involvement is to have a fully rendered digital face of Arnie replacing the recently cast Roland Kickinger (The Younger version of Arnie). It seems the Director Mc G will in no doubt try all he can to ensure the Governator has some sort of involvement and as a result Arnold was on set providing key ADR (Voice over) for the visual effects guys to reference during post production. You have to remember, Arnold's commitments are preventing his return to the movie business and this seems the best logical way to ensure his involvement.

You may recall Christopher Lee's face being embossed on a stunt double in the Star Wars prequels?, imagine that with Arnold and you will get the picture. With ILM's best on the scene, it looks like Mc G is trying to get a head start on James Cameron's photo realistic stereoscopic camera systems.

X17online had the encounter on video.

bale-arnold.jpg
(Via Filmwad)

Oh, geez, as if my dander wasn't up enough as it is... now they're going to CGI in Arnie's head???

I wonder where this will rank on the "Worst CGI" list? Some place behind "The Mummy Returns" but above the scene of Tony's dead mother in "The Sopranos"???

I'm scared. Someone needs to hold me... :eek:

McG's Terminator Baby Never Had The Cameron Blessing [Terminator 4]

McG's Terminator Baby Never Had The Cameron Blessing [Terminator 4]

terminator4.jpg
Even though McG's announced at Comic Con that he wouldn't move forward without James Cameron's blessing on Terminator Salvation, Cameron doesn't seem to remember bestowing such a favor on the Terminator 4 director. Cameron revealed to a Canadian paper that not only did McG not have his blessing, but he's never actually seen or heard anything about the script.

In an interview with the National Post, James Cameron bluntly explained his supposed "blessing" over McG's new Terminator baby:

It could be a big steaming pile or it could be brilliant. Sam Worthington is in [Cameron's new film] Avatar and the new Terminator and he likes the script, but I never saw it. There was no blessing involved.

Oooh snap, I hope he was mis-quoted or joking because McG went to great lengths to prove that he and Cameron were on the same page as far as a Terminator 4 project. McG even said he cast Worthington in T4 on Cameron's recommendation. I can't wait for the director catfight to ensue! I'm actually more shocked that this didn't get out sooner — it's like he was waiting for someone to ask him.

[National Post]

img.phdo
tracker.php

(Via io9)

Re: McG's Terminator Baby Never Had The Cameron Blessing [Terminator 4]

It could be a big steaming pile or it could be brilliant. Sam Worthington is in [Cameron's new film] Avatar and the new Terminator and he likes the script, but I never saw it. There was no blessing involved.
Oooh..... I"m sure the financial backers of T4 just loved hearing about that interview.

I love how they always try to make it sound like this will be the last Terminator movie ever... :smiley:
If it was another actor as the lead, I would likely agree but... unless this movie makes in an incredible amount of money and Christian Bale is either locked into a multi-movie contract or is offered an incredible amount of money for a sequel, then this might be a one-off deal, at least with him.

As Terminator Salvation release date approaches, rumors has it that Arnold Schwarzenegger most likely will appear in the movie and Linda Hamilton maybe involved in the project.

Read more!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Hey everyone,

I went to see Terminator Salvation yesterday & really enjoyed it but...

How the heck did they film the helicopter crash near the beginning?

John Connor takes off, an explosion knocks him out of control and, as the helicopter is spiralling towards the ground the camera pans past him then goes out of the chopper and back in to look over his shoulder as it hits the ground.

Clever stuff.

Does anyone have an idea how you pull off a sequence like that?

Apart from the Director of course.

So you think the whole thing was CGI ?

It sure looked like a real Christian Bale who was sitting there....

There was a sequence in War of the Worlds where Tom Cruise is driving and talking to his family as they get away. The camera moves around the van and back into the cabin in one seamless shot. I was impressed at the time but I thought that this bit of Terminator Salvation was on a whole new level.

If that's the case then CGI has evolved to the point where it's impossible to tell where it's blended into the live action which I suppose is the point of it.

Still impressive though.

Has anyone seen this yet? I've heard mixed reviews so far, but have to say I REALLY like the trailer and am looking forward to watching this one. I've loved all the films so far and I've heard CGI Arnie is rather clever.