Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Sci-Fi Terminator 4: Salvation

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kevin, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

One of the first official preview clips for Terminator 4: Salvation has hit the net!

2. Tim

Tim Creative Writer

new Terminator movie to have "surreal" silver added visuals

CGI or not CGI? Anyone who has seen dark, comic book style films such as Casshern might be interested in the fact that filming style for the new Terminator film is to provide a surreal view of the world as it would feel to those living in it.

3. Kevin

Re: new Terminator movie to have "surreal" silver added visuals

Dang it, he is turning it into a giant music video!

:banghead:

4. Owen Williams

Owen Williams Cadet

This truly is going to be a horrendous movie, isn't it?

5. Webster

Webster The Red Tarheel

Considering Hollywood's penchant/record for taking sci-fi novels and/or movie serials and ruining them over time, I wouldn't bet against it....... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Case in point, Starship Troopers....excellent novel to read, but one of the most horrid films ever made IMO.

6. Mojo

Mojo Rocket Ranger

Wha-wha-whaaa? I mean, yeah, it was no Citizen Kane (or Star Wars, or Metropolis, to choose more appropriate references)... but one of the most horrid films ever? No way.

Heck, it's worth watching just for the combat footage... and, of course, the co-ed shower scene.

;)

But I am a bit concerned about McG getting his hands on a "real" film. Admittedly, I've only seen the horrors that are the Charlie's Angels films... did anybody see We Are Marshall? Did he redeem himself in that movie? Is there any hope for Terminator: Salvation?

7. Robby

Robby The Robot

Christian Bale and Arnold Schwarzenegger meet in Malibu

Christian Bale and Arnold Schwarzenegger meet in Malibu

(Via Filmwad)

8. caveman42

caveman42 Scout

Ahnold is getting oooooolld.

9. Mojo

Mojo Rocket Ranger

Oh, geez, as if my dander wasn't up enough as it is... now they're going to CGI in Arnie's head???

I wonder where this will rank on the "Worst CGI" list? Some place behind "The Mummy Returns" but above the scene of Tony's dead mother in "The Sopranos"???

I'm scared. Someone needs to hold me... :eek:

10. caveman42

caveman42 Scout

not just his head. his entire freaking body needs some CGI support.

11. Robby

Robby The Robot

McG's Terminator Baby Never Had The Cameron Blessing [Terminator 4]

McG's Terminator Baby Never Had The Cameron Blessing [Terminator 4]

[​IMG]Even though McG's announced at Comic Con that he wouldn't move forward without James Cameron's blessing on Terminator Salvation, Cameron doesn't seem to remember bestowing such a favor on the Terminator 4 director. Cameron revealed to a Canadian paper that not only did McG not have his blessing, but he's never actually seen or heard anything about the script.

In an interview with the National Post, James Cameron bluntly explained his supposed "blessing" over McG's new Terminator baby:

It could be a big steaming pile or it could be brilliant. Sam Worthington is in [Cameron's new film] Avatar and the new Terminator and he likes the script, but I never saw it. There was no blessing involved.

Oooh snap, I hope he was mis-quoted or joking because McG went to great lengths to prove that he and Cameron were on the same page as far as a Terminator 4 project. McG even said he cast Worthington in T4 on Cameron's recommendation. I can't wait for the director catfight to ensue! I'm actually more shocked that this didn't get out sooner — it's like he was waiting for someone to ask him.

[National Post]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Via io9)

12. Kevin

Re: McG's Terminator Baby Never Had The Cameron Blessing [Terminator 4]

Oooh..... I"m sure the financial backers of T4 just loved hearing about that interview.

13. Kevin

14. Kevin

The newest trailer is out! :cool:

15. astonwest

astonwest Writing Fool Writer

I love how they always try to make it sound like this will be the last Terminator movie ever... :)

16. Kevin

If it was another actor as the lead, I would likely agree but... unless this movie makes in an incredible amount of money and Christian Bale is either locked into a multi-movie contract or is offered an incredible amount of money for a sequel, then this might be a one-off deal, at least with him.

17. andysweb

andysweb Scout

I think they should do a film based upon the Sarah Conner Chronicles :) But being a general sci-fi 'hore' I will watch this movie :)

18. astonwest

astonwest Writing Fool Writer

It'll probably depend on whether or not the show builds enough of a fan base to warrant it. See also: Firefly.

19. amjadyahya

amjadyahya Stargate Fan

As Terminator Salvation release date approaches, rumors has it that Arnold Schwarzenegger most likely will appear in the movie and Linda Hamilton maybe involved in the project.

Read more!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GocVFxSIA0I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GocVFxSIA0I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

20. AbsintheMinded

AbsintheMinded Captain

Haha, Arnold might be in it?! Wont his robot be like the first mac computer Vs. our present day computers?