Terry Goodkind

It's been a long time since I have gotten into a book I just can't put down.

I just finished reading his first book, "Wizard's First Rule."
Great book. Highly recommended.
I'm going to go pick up book 2 tomorrow.

Absolutely love this series. I've read every book except the last, and Debt of Bones. My favorite author/series hands down.

I've gotten up to book 7 or so of this series, and it's kinda predictable, but I like it nonetheless. I great series to kill time with.

(And the miniseries being made is painfully different, but I'm not getting worked up about it!)

I've watched the first 10 minutes of the premier and they have already strayed from the book quite a bit. We'll see. I'll tune in, at least for the first few episodes.

Since I'm sure almost any post in these forums is welcomed these days...

My final standing opinion on this series is "Meh." It's a decent and long series to kill time with, if you have no other pressing matters to attend to. It's a four book series that has been clearly stretched for some money, and plot clearly suffers because of it. You'll find the main characters saving the entire world a few times, and undergoing so many plot twists, to the point you'll eventually stop caring.

Without spoiling too much, the final book pretty much says, "Oh yea, all that other stuff that happened? No big deal, and didn't really matter." I swear to god it does.

The miniseries is worse by a mile. It's your typical rinse and repeat plot, with each episode being it's own independent adventure with some poorly strung TV-version of the original story holding them all together. The actors are just as poor as you would expect, and characters themselves are flat and static.

It's something to kill time with, but then again, so is watching paint dry.

Back