Season 4 Thank you Mr. Abrams

!ALIAS!

Cadet
Thank you so much Mr. Abrams! This was by far the best episode this season. It took me back to the show I knew and loved with a passion. This season, I do confess has been a disappointment up until now. I loved, loved, loved this episode. I can't wait until next week!

It was so good because it was ALIAS the way we all remember it.

With crazy cliffhangers which make you want to scream out... NOOOOOO
And evil people, you love to hate - Sark and Anna
And cute moments - Wadia
And Marshal moments - yes he gets his own section
And Rambaldi is finally back! he is key to all the craziness
OH and Irina moments are always key to the plot

This is seriously the best episode all season! Hands down!

DIE SELF-CONTAINED EPISODES! YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED!

It was a great ep, I agree!

I may be in the minority, but I've been fine with the season so far... now that I've seen tonight's episode, I'm glad they spent the time in the earlier eps to build up all of the issues that are going to carry this new arc...

Syd & Nadia bonding
Nadia & Weiss developing a relationship
Nadia & Sloane bonding
Vaughn's baggage with Lauren
The tension with Sloane as boss
Sydney's lingering insecurities re: Vaughn and Jack
Irina's death and what they're not telling Nadia
Jack and Sloane up to something
etc.

Tonight brought them all together, and I don't think would have been as good, if we didn't have some time for all these circumstances to develop. I think the stand alone eps were more of character development than plot development... setting things up so that there actually can be a plot. It actually feels like there's a plan this season... the way things are fitting together, and the conflicts that are being created.

I have to say, after tonight I'm really excited for the rest of the season!

I agree with you Veritas....not only for the reasons you listed, but also for the sake of new viewers...if they had jumped into the craziness that we all know and love as Alias right away, it would have been to frustrating and difficult to follow for those not familiar with the show.

Veritas said:

I may be in the minority, but I've been fine with the season so far...  now that I've seen tonight's episode, I'm glad they spent the time in the earlier eps to build up all of the issues that are going to carry this new arc...

Syd & Nadia bonding
Nadia & Sloane bonding
etc.

Tonight brought them all together, and I don't think would have been as good, if we didn't have some time for all these circumstances to develop.  I think the stand alone eps were more of character development than plot development... setting things up so that there actually can be a plot.  It actually feels like there's a plan this season... the way things are fitting together, and the conflicts that are being created.

[post="1229993"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

[/I] I couldn't agree more. This episode was fabulous. Also, couldn't have been as good without the plot/character development beforehand. Loved it! Loved It! Loved it! I seriously can't wait for next week!

Veritas said:

I may be in the minority, but I've been fine with the season so far...  now that I've seen tonight's episode, I'm glad they spent the time in the earlier eps to build up all of the issues that are going to carry this new arc...

Syd & Nadia bonding
Nadia & Sloane bonding
etc.

Tonight brought them all together, and I don't think would have been as good, if we didn't have some time for all these circumstances to develop.  I think the stand alone eps were more of character development than plot development... setting things up so that there actually can be a plot.  It actually feels like there's a plan this season... the way things are fitting together, and the conflicts that are being created.

[post="1229993"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

What she said. I agree. The season has been pretty good so far, and with tonight's episode, it makes sense why there was all that buildup.

I also thought they did a decent job in explaining the Rambaldi prophecy to new viewers (even though it was a bit different from what we had previously heard (both sisters were supoose to die)).

This was definitely one of the best episodes of the season, if not the best. Lots of Sark and Anna, Rambaldi, Covenant, prophecy and cliffhanger ending. What more could you ask for?

mexico city said:
and while you're at it, toss will into the mix sometime...

(if you please)

mc
[post="1230947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ooh yeah - i have no idea of he's reutnring or not thanks to lack of willage spoilerage :smiley:

hope he is back cos i miss will :love:

i've been fine with this season, but i cannot express my joy to have some intricate storylines, backstories, and cliffhangers back in action. THIS is ALIAS they way it's meant to be.
and under the "don't know what you've lost until it's gone" category, i hope everyone is feeling a renewed sense of appreciation for ALIAS, even when it's not at it's best.

Great episode - only there is so much going on, it makes it hard to speculate on what is going to happen next. I want more!

(I know, that's the idea)

Yep, the return of the continuing story-arcs. I'm happy about it too, although I do understand the need the writers had to make some more self-contained epi's. They didn't only need to attract new viewers, and set up a new storyline, they also needed to break with last year. The story-arc of last year got the show into a wrong direction, even J.J. admitted that, so they needed to get some 'distance' from everything that had happened in season three before they could fix things. It's like when you have broken your leg, and you learn to walk again when it's healed: first you have to walk step by step, you have to take every step very slowly and think about every movement, before you can really walk and run again. In the same way, they had to "re-invent" the character-interactions, the place the show was in, the dynamic of the new group, and work the bad parts of season-3 out of the Alias-universe. But now that that is over...

WELCOME BACK, SYD AND CREW!!!
:groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave:

Back