• puh-CAN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • {Other}

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Pecan Pie, one of my favorite desserts when done correctly, is a great treat but there has always been a debate around it. How do you pronounce the "Pecan" part of the name? For anybody who has been part of this debate then you know that going by the dictionary pronunciation is ignored by all involved. :P

Being from the NE USA but with a love of Southern food, I've grown up with hearing it pronounced all sorts of different ways. And if you go really deep South, you'll see it spelled a bunch of different ways as well! :cautious::LOL:

So what's your take on it?

GpSi51c.jpg

I went with pee-can too. OMG Kevin that picture is making me so hungry & wanting some of that pie right now. I did just get 1 from the bakery but can't crack it open til' tomorrow.

Darn right it's soda.
And who the heck starts a sentence with
ANYMORE?
I'll tell you who, Pittsburghers.
Anymore you can't get $1.70 a gallon gas.

I'm a transplant, obviously. :penquin:

Pecan Pie, one of my favorite desserts when done correctly, is a great treat but there has always been a debate around it. How do you pronounce the "Pecan" part of the name? For anybody who has been part of this debate then you know that going by the dictionary pronunciation is ignored by all involved. :P

Being from the NE USA but with a love of Southern food, I've grown up with hearing it pronounced all sorts of different ways. And if you go really deep South, you'll see it spelled a bunch of different ways as well! :cautious::LOL:

So what's your take on it?

GpSi51c.jpg
That looks great, I'm off to the store to purchase on for myself, yummy!

I dunno, Pee-Can sounds like a can that you pee into.

Its sodapop. I grew up in NW PA and we always just called it a can of pop.
Over the years, having heard it referred to as soda, also now seems normal to me.
I do know that when I am home I still call it pop.

Is it "Stuffing" or "Dressing"
I always refer to it as "Stuffing"
Dressing is like "Salad Dressing"
I've known people that call it "Dressing" if it is cooked 'inside' the Turkey
But refer to it as 'Stuffing" if it is cooked by itself.

I remember going to the shoe store when I was younger.
When I got new tennis shoes we always put my old shoes in the box the new ones came it. They were reboxed.
Then, when Rebox became popular I made fun of people wanting them because who wants stinky beat up old tennis shoes?
I have played tennis but I have always called them tennis shoes or tennyrunners, still do.
I also have dress shoes but I don't wear dresses.
I have hiker boots but I don't really hike with them anymore.
I spent most of my adult life wearing steel-toed work boots.
I have a few pairs of sandals that I call Jesus slippers
I have slippers that I call house shoes. I wear slippers with soles, cant stand soless slippers.

Back