Season 3 The 2- Year gap !

WHY WOULD VAUGHN MARRY IRINA? hello? are you insane? she killed his father. duh! he would never marry her.

I like the Idea of showing Syd what the future could be like....They could work their way backwards in season 3 ending with Syd waking up for the Season 3 finale.....

Maybe...maybe...but that would involve alot less syd, and she is the main character....

(edit of quoting script)

Sloane is Rambaldi, of sorts. Rambaldi's prophecy is that he would come into "being" at a time of his choosing to entertain his mastery of the world through the "telling" and realization of these prophecies. Only someone of his own blood can stop him (Sydney). Sydney is being given a "telling" of the future possibilities via this two-year gap. In this instance, whether there is really a gap or not makes no difference. To Sydney, it is the future and not her reality. Whether time has passed or not, she will be able to confront the enemy and determine her course because she is picking up right where she left off. Since she is the one spoken of in the prophecy, "her" time is the only time that matters to the fate of them all. Rambaldi's greatest accomplishment was that he left behind a path for someone to take to become the past or the future ... depending on their values, as Slone and Sydney are the same but different.

VisionaryAlias said:
Sloane is Rambaldi, of sorts. Rambaldi's prophecy is that he would come into "being" at a time of his choosing to entertain his mastery of the world through the "telling" and realization of these prophecies. Only someone of his own blood can stop him (Sydney). Sydney is being given a "telling" of the future possibilities via this two-year gap. In this instance, whether there is really a gap or not makes no difference. To Sydney, it is the future and not her reality. Whether time has passed or not, she will be able to confront the enemy and determine her course because she is picking up right where she left off. Since she is the one spoken of in the prophecy, "her" time is the only time that matters to the fate of them all. Rambaldi's greatest accomplishment was that he left behind a path for someone to take to become the past or the future ... depending on their values, as Slone and Sydney are the same but different.
i couldn't have said it better! Kalan Theory continues to gain supporters... :rolleyes:

VisionaryAlias said:
But didn't Irina say Slone wasn't "chosen," that Sydney was but not him. And that the prophecy was about Sydney. Also the machine the Slone allegedly put together is called "The Telling." Now why would somthing like the telling only do time travel. Well I suppose it does mroe then tell the future as some of you suspected, as Slone said somthing along the lines that the machine would allow him to do something even he couldn't imagine. Slone was searching for immortality. Is time travel so much more impressive? It has to be something more. J.J. Abrams couldn't have made this so obvious, he is awfully good at keeping up in suspense with cliffhangers.

Whether the time travel thing is plausable or not, it is Alias. They have this way of taking really unlikely situations and making them seem believable. When you put it in black and white, it's basically this:

An english majoring college student becomes a double agent with her father then falls in love with the guy whose dad was killed by her mom - the leader of a KGB organization.

I do like the story, so don't critisize me on that. I'm just saying, Alias makes the unreal seem like the norm. So I wouldn't put it past me that Alias has got some time travel thing going on. It does explain the Rambaldi guy's theories. And the name of "The Telling." (it *tells* the future - get it?)

I don't know, this is just some stuff that was going on in my head. I just wanted to put my two-cents in.

-CraZ4Vartan007

Oh Shelley, that's what my best friend and I thought. She could have been pregnant and had a c-section sometime during her 2 year "nap."

And if all off that really did go down, then that raises the question of what happened to little Sydney or little Vaughn. :eek: :lol:

CraZ4Vartan007 said:
Whether the time travel thing is plausable or not, it is Alias. They have this way of taking really unlikely situations and making them seem believable. When you put it in black and white, it's basically this:

An english majoring college student becomes a double agent with her father then falls in love with the guy whose dad was killed by her mom - the leader of a KGB organization.

I do like the story, so don't critisize me on that. I'm just saying, Alias makes the unreal seem like the norm. So I wouldn't put it past me that Alias has got some time travel thing going on. It does explain the Rambaldi guy's theories. And the name of "The Telling." (it *tells* the future - get it?)

I don't know, this is just some stuff that was going on in my head. I just wanted to put my two-cents in.

-CraZ4Vartan007
i agree with this, i mean when someone first told me about alias, i just couldn't believe my ears, it was just whacky. trying to explain to another person any one of the show's plotlines/running theories just sounds totally crazy or totally soap opera-y. our minds are trained to think in this one particular direction when it could open to any possibility...with this whole time travel thing floating around it could be a lot more than what we are accustomed to, a la 'back to the future' or something cheezy. it's alias, jj abrahms will blow our minds whatever he has cooked up! but anything is valid at this point, i mean, *anything*, time travel, alternate reality, glimpse into the future, whatever. it took me a while to buy the francie double, they don't even really explain how they doubled her in the first place. it's fun to speculate what is causing this two year gap but i'm not going to commit to any one theory and enjoy what everyone has to say, and this five-month period of suspense...or else i'll probably end up disappointing myself come september.

Ok..well obviously something happened with Rambaldi. Sloane must have finished the telling or whatever. When Sydney shot Francie, Sloane saw the reception go dead and hurried over to the house. He found Sydney unconscous (aargh hate spelling) and brought her to the rambaldi machine. Um, put her inside and something happened to her. What, I do not know. :confused: i really want to find out!

I'm sure eventually Sydney will become in control of the Rambaldi machine considering she's the one in the prophecy.....unless Sloane becomes the body of Sydney which will just be totally random and wierd and chaotic!!!!

ew! now you're creeping my out. gross. sloane in syd's body, ew. that would never happen, jj isn't that sick. ew that is just discusting. no offence, but ew, how could you think of something like that? are you insane?

ok back to the topic i so need to stop ranting on everybodies theories, fics, polls, everything. anyway check out my theory, i posted it. "freelancer26's theory"-(that's what it's called.)

Milo47 said:
I'm sure eventually Sydney will become in control of the Rambaldi machine considering she's the one in the prophecy.....unless Sloane becomes the body of Sydney which will just be totally random and wierd and chaotic!!!!
That's, um, kind of interesting... :ermm: It'd make a weird, yet still interesting plot line and very random too...y'know? :Paranoid:
*Stacie*

hmmmmm, though this will probably sound redundant to all of you people who have been here for a while and read a lot of the other theories here is my two cents.

First of all, why does everybody imediatly think Vaughn got married, maybe he's just engaged? I realize this really has nothing to do with the two year gap thing but w/e.

Secondly, I forget who but someone said that Irena said that Sloane wasn't the chsen one or whatever, but I remeber it saying that Sloane was a choosen one but Sydney was too.

Third, I believe that Sydney was indeed somewhere for two years and was brainwashed into forgetting what happened in those two years. I don't think Sloane took her because, I don't think he would've kept her alive for two years for whatever evil reason and then let her go, and in Hong Kong of all places, wouldn't he have taken her home? I think Irena is a likely candidate, though for what I have no clue. Also, what if it was Jack? Maybe he wanted to protect her from something that was going on? Though I think Irena is more likely.

Finally, does anybody remeber that episode when someone said that one of the dates on the Rambaldi document was like that night or the next day or something? And I think that i missed the last halg hour of that show, and did anything end up happening? And if it didn't then maybe that 'thing' was Sydney killing Alison/Francie.

Back