The 23rd Psalm

loving the Echo tie in with the plane!! (y) very cool!!! (y) although the black smoke thing was weird - so was it scared of him because he is a priest ??? - cos I got the feeling he actually DID become a priest after his brother died right!?!?! :confused:

I don't think "it" was scared of Eko. Remember back in S1 when Locke first sees the monster? He looks upon it with awe, not fear. He does not try to run away or attack it. As shown by the reflections in the smoke in this episode, "it" can access people's memories / read their emotions? Eko didn't seem to be scared of it, like Locke. So when it is approached with fear and hostility, it will retaliate, but when it is approached peacefully it will not attack.

Or I also read somewhere a theory that introduced the possibility of two "monsters", one peaceful and one malicious..

Was suprised we didn't see more about Michael and Walt and the impending "incident". :rolleyes:

I know ... the Dr said don't use the computer for anything else ... there goes Michael use it and nothing happened ... :blink:

Hopefully something will happen soon ... :thinking: :Ph34r: :confused:

The black smoke appeared in the premiere of this season, didn't it? Granted, this is the first time we've got a really good look at it.

I'm guessing the reason the creature hasn't attacked Locke or Eko is because both have great faith, albeit in different things. Eko's faith rests in his religion, while Locke's is something more unknown, maybe mystical.

i need to watch this episode again and try and see these faces in the smoke - totally missed that. :rolleyes:

Yeah. My mom couldn't see them either, but she wasn't wearing her glasses. :D Watching it in slow-mo (TIVO!) helped.

I think it didn't take Eko b/c he wasn't afraid of it.

And he seems to really understand the island. Remember when he led Jin to Michael? He knew just what to do... He and Locke are sort of in tune, I guess.

Fantastic episode. The more I've thought about it over the past week, the better I think it has gotten. Eko's backstory was very interesting. It'll be nice to see another one sometime.

The black smoke was intense. I like the fact that the creators of the show gave us a good look at it. And as usual, it only presents more questions. I love it.

And once again, the underlying theme of redemption was at the forefront. Certainly not a coincidence.

I'm guessing the reason the creature hasn't attacked Locke or Eko is because both have great faith, albeit in different things. Eko's faith rests in his religion, while Locke's is something more unknown, maybe mystical.

Good catch, I didn't think of that :cool:

Has it actually attacked any of the islanders...

And why did it not attack Charlie?

Charlie's faith isn't that strong... and if we apply the logic, if Charlie can see it, it can see Charlie then why is Charlie ok?

Charlie's faith isn't that strong... and if we apply the logic, if Charlie can see it, it can see Charlie then why is Charlie ok?

maybe because Charlie was in the tree ... I don't know for sure ... thats a very good question :confused:

I just rewatched the scene where Michael's on the computer and he gets interrupted by Jack and I had a thought about the interrupted message. We see "You need to com..." At first I thought it was probably "You need to come find me" or something like that, but maybe it's more like "You need to communicate..." ?

I don't know, I still don't understand this mysterious "creature". It's a giant black whiff of smoke that makes mechanical noises? No way, there's gotta be more to it than that. I hope we find out more soon... any idea if/when we'll be seeing Danielle again? I'm getting a bit anxious to know why the Others want all of the children survivors.

dialectical says: for a possible explanation try my Alias Lands On Lost Island.

It (the "security system") attacked and killed the copilot. (It left him in the tree.) Also, it had hold of Locke and was dragging him underground until Jack made it let go using dynamite. Charlie was not attacked, as the others who were running were not attacked, because they were not in it's current targeting. Obviously, it has its own algorithm for choosing when and whom to attack--and, obviously, we do not know what that is based on. It obviously does not attack everyone all the time, or no one would be alive, right? :lol: However, as both Eko and Locke have found, standing still and facing it appears to keep it from killing you. ;)

I don't know, I still don't understand this mysterious "creature". It's a giant black whiff of smoke that makes mechanical noises? No way, there's gotta be more to it than that. I hope we find out more soon... any idea if/when we'll be seeing Danielle again? I'm getting a bit anxious to know why the Others want all of the children survivors.

dialectical says: try my Alias Flight To Lost Island or Alias Lands On Lost Island
the fog here is a hologram

Back