The 4400 finally scores a goal!

Tim

Creative Writer
series 2, episode 6 and finally we get a decent scifi episode out of them

involving an alternate reality, a long period spent in it, characters changed slightly from the base reality and the massive human emotions that resulted from the ultimate task of consciously passing back into the base reality.

whilst not perfect (some scenes jump from time period to time period) and not quite giving us a tangible grasp on the characters physical interaction with the world, luckily the emotional content carries the story along well enough to make this episode at least 4 times better than any that have come before.

so easily this ep could be an entire STV release by the scifi channel, maybe if they could string enough eps like this together that by the end of series 2 i will actually have some good solid memories to take away with me

in many ways it reminded me of an ST:TNG episode, the one where Picard spends a lifetime on a planet with simple living. having the family he never accomplished in his base reality. the emotional aspect of that episode had great similarities to this 4400 episode. i do hope the shows producers haven't simply been nicking ideas, but at least can say that this episode was worth watching for all lovers of scifi (although i don't think i could watch it again or the holes in the story will begin to glare!!!)

Back