The 6-letter word we all hate

Thanks everybody. My mom is taking my sister and I to give him his Father's day present on Saturday. I'm kinda scared about that too. My aunt said he looked really different and that he had lost a lot of weight. I don't want to cry in front of him. I don't know if he'll even want to see us. He might be like "I don't want you to have to see me like this." I know I'm not the only one that this has happened to, and like I said before I don't want pity but it's nice to know people care. Thanks again everyone.

Every death in my family....has been from cancer. or at least on my mother's side. It's scares me sometimes. Because a something was already removed from my mom. I don't think you'll get it. Even if, a lot of ppl fight it. It helps a lot if you tell yourself that.

I wish you and your family the best of luck. I kinda know what you're going through. My grandfather died of cancer on memorial day of this year. I know there's nothing we can do to remove all the pain and scaredness but know everyone one is thinking of you in our thoughts ang prayers. I wish you and your family the best!

Aww I pray for you dad. Keep up your hopes. A lot of ppl survive, my friend Emily didn't only cause her's was terminal. And my friend Melissa's dad has skin, but that is 99.9% cured.

That's awful to hear... I'm sure alot of people at allalias will be praying for you dad.. I wish your dad all the best. And don't worry about the future the chance of getting it is small.

Alias_Gay said:
Sorry to hear about this ... but if the doctors are optimistic, don't worry ... just show love and support and everything will be fine ...

All the Best ... ;)
My thoughts too! Try not to worry, it'll be okay! Best wishes for u and your family!

My sister and I have to spend the night at his house tonight and its going to be very awkward because I don't know if he'll want to talk about it or not. I don't want to say anything if he doesn't want to talk about it, but I don't want to not say anything and have him think I don't care.

I agree with Existentialist, not many cancers are heredatory, and it really depends on the type of cancer too. I'm sure your father will be fine, you have to trust that the doctors know what they are doing and that they will only do what's best for you father, and if they say that they think your father will be fine then, like I said i'm sure he will be. It's also good for your father that he has loving family around him and that there is nothing major (from what you have told us) for him to stress about.

Thinking that you might be in line to get cancer, after seeing people that you are related to get it is only natural, I know that when both of my grandfathers had triple bypass surgery for heart attacks I was terrified that I would have a heart attack when I was older (not really the same thing but it's the only thing I have to relate, there has never been cancer in my family, touch wood) but the best thing to prevent cancer is to lead a healthy life, few fatty foods and exercise, and by doing that and keeping your body healthy the only reason for getting cancer is if that's what was in store for you and there is nothing anyone can do about it. But be optimistic and try not to think about yourself getting it rather put all that extra energy into supporting your father. Good luck to you and you family and I believe everything will turn out for the best.

Back