“The Advance Guard” – A new voice in urban fantasy

The Advance Guard – Don A. Martinez

Through the 20th Century, a team of four has been assembled for a Black Ops team unlike any other in history.

The Guardsman : ageless paladin knight.
Cyrus Salem: immortal shrinking wizard.
Kitty Lazarus: woman warrior in a cat's body.
Ariel Vibria: modern dragon with a tortured soul.

Separately and together, these agents will face down an immense evil, with the fate of the world itself possibly in the balance, rising above their differences and individual traumas together to face Sheol, a demonic matriarch hiding within one of the holiest sites in Europe.

Is being the Guardsman worth the sacrifice of childhood Ken Sharpe made to be the paladin?
Will Cyrus continue to shrink throughout history?
What purpose does the Hindu god Durga have for Kitty?
What will happen if the secretive government project that produced Ariel comes to search for their missing experiment?

Do they stand a chance in hell against Sheol?

Find out in the pages of “The Advance Guard,” on sale now:
http://tinyurl.com/AdvGuard. Coming soon: availability on Amazon.com.

The author will be available on this forum to answer any questions/receive feedback.

ALSO AVAILABLE: If you wish to peruse before you buy, a preview is available at http://tinyurl.com/AGPreview.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: I apologize for intruding on your forum and your discussions with this, but as this is a self-published novel, I am trying to get as much exposure as possible in the fantasy/sci-fi community. Please, if you buy the book and like it, tell your friends and everyone you know about it.

Sound nice. Sort of like a covert ops type - Tom Clancy thing I guess. Have you tried reading Dan Abnetts work? His Ghosts series really kick some Orc arze and more.

Indulge me for a second ... (dances the happy-dance because someone's actually talking to him! :D)

Okay, to answer your question, I haven't read any of Abnett's work, but I'll make a note to check it out. As far as what to compare mine to ... imagine if you will that Tom Clancy is hired as a writer for a fantasy anime series, and puts his own spin on the genre, and you have a pretty fair assessment of The Advance Guard. All the action and government ties, minus the Cold War underlayment.

Back