Drama The Alamo (2004)

SecretAgentMan

Caution: Beware of Male
Title: The Alamo

Tagline: You will never forget

Genre: Western, History, War, Drama

Director: John Lee Hancock

Cast: Dennis Quaid, Billy Bob Thornton, Jason Patric, Patrick Wilson, Emilio Echevarría, Edwin Hodge, Emily Deschanel, Jordi Mollà, Leon Rippy, Tom Davidson, Marc Blucas, Robert Prentiss, Kevin Page, Joe Stevens, Stephen Bruton, Laura Clifton, Ricardo Chavira, Steven Chester Prince, Estephania LeBaron, Brandon Smith, Elena Hurst, Rance Howard, Nathan Price

Release: 2004-04-07

Runtime: 137

Plot: Based on the 1836 standoff between a group of Texan and Tejano men, led by Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie, and Mexican dictator Santa Anna's forces at the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas.
The Alamo (2004)

as a Texan and history buff, I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie. The Alamo is a myth and a legend and no one really knows what entirely went on in the battle in 1836. The movie releases today, with mixed reviews. Unfortunately it's made by Disney and has a PG-13 rating. :ermm: Go see it!

As a Brit; all I know about the Alamo is that Ozzy Osbourne got a 10 year ban from Texas for urinating on it

BAHAHAHA! Yah, I heard about that :lol:

I have no interest in seeing this. I'm a history buff but I'm not American so it doesn'r appeal to me. I basically just hate Western-type movies.

~~Spongy!

ooooo i wanna see the alamo. looks soo cool. and dude! i didn't know ozzy urinated on it! :rotflmao:

and i didn't know that disney made *another* pg-13 movie. ya know, my dad doesn't liek the idea of disney making pg and pg-13 stuff b/c well, disney is more of a kids thing. i forgot exactly what he said but it hasta do with the people the run the place now i think. disney should be doing more g. geezus... well, if POTC was good, this may be.

and well, i guess u two could say the alamo is western-ish but i dont' really think so. its' historical here. this was when spain and america were fighting for texas and the americans used the mission as a fort.

SecretAgentMan said:
ehgripo said:
I agree; Westerns suck; although we go Hidalgo on DVD today and that looks ok
sorry to hear you don't appreciate quality filmmaking in some Westerns. By all means they don't "suck".
I suppose that's more of an opinion than a fact.
I don't like Westerns at all. The whole cowboy thing just isn't me.
Same goes with sci-fie. I hate Star Wars type films; but that's just me ;)

~~Spongy!

I saw the Alamo. I did not like it. At all.

It realied on the tactic that for person A to be a hero person B had to be a villain. It would have been better to establish the motives for the Mexicans and provide a more compelling story line.

The characters were boring, the story wasn't compelling. I wasn't intrigued, or even interested.

It was just a bad movie.

SecretAgentMan said:
as a Texan and history buff, I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie. The Alamo is a myth and a legend and no one really knows what entirely went on in the battle in 1836. The movie releases today, with mixed reviews. Unfortunately it's made by Disney and has a PG-13 rating. :ermm: Go see it!
you know,I think this movie is sadly something that only Texans and hispanics can appreciate!
I haven't seen it myself yet,but I plan on it!