The Alias Campaign

Hey everyone. I'm new here at the AllAlias.com forum, but by no means am I a newbie to the show. From episode one, I've been in love with this amazing series (... and Syd... and Irena, last season...) Feel free to pick at my brain about anything Alias... I'm more than happy to talk.

Anyway, to kick off my stay here, I'd like to propose all of us here on the board try and start some sort of campaign to help improve Alias' slumping ratings! We need to support our show, right?

It seems as though as the show has continued through it's now-3rd season that the ratings have steadily been going down the tubes. Two weeks ago, Alias finished FOURTH in its timeslot. I don't know about you, but I think that is an outrage -- something needs to be done :smash:!!

Consequently, I hereby announce the start of an UNOFFICIAL ALIAS VIEWERSHIP CAMPAIGN!

If you have any ideas to start a fan-based campaign to salvage our show's ratings -- in order to keep it from cancellation :brokenheart: -- post them here.

Thanks! I look forward to getting to know you all.

-Steve (aka SloaneBristow)

The only thing i can think of is more advertizing.
tell everyone to watch alias, make them watch alias
show fics, hang poster at your school, put it on your emails, write everywhere "Alias-sundays @8" or somethng
i got 3 friends to watch alias
one didnt like it
the others are gettin addicted

i've tried telling ppl about alias, but they keep on forgetting to watch, or say they have no time :(, but i'll keep on trying

Sounds like a good idea.

I'm interested to know why Alias doesn't get the ratings it deserves. Is it because of its timeslot? What shows are on the same time as Alias? Is ABC doing enough promotion? Is the promotion effective?

I know many people who watch it but it doesn't seem to reflect in the ratings.

i say all of the above! they give alias a horrible time slot, and the shows it leads to alias, it barly gets any ratings, they need a big show infront of alias, to get ratings up, and advertizment, i mean. They run the pratice adds all the time, i dont' think i've only seen an alias advertizment on abc is prolly twice. and thats pretty sad.

What show is before Alias? Is it a show which has the same audience as Alias ie. young adults? Alias is the top show in the 18-34 age group. The cast, in particular MV and JG, have been working hard to promote season 3 by appearing on many talk shows but it doesn't seem to have much effect. JG is hot property in Hollywood now, RR and VG are veteran actors, and MV attracts female viewers...add that to intriguing plots, top-notch acting and equal mix of drama and crazy stunts/action...why is the quality of Alias not reflecting in the ratings? I'm at a lost :blink:

omg i am like the biggest zealot of trying to save alias!!! i started an e-mail campaign advertising season 3...it sisn't help that much but I BELIEVE THAT WE CAN DO THIS. WE CAN SAVE OUR FAVOURITE SHOW. one way is by voting in polls. people hear about this great show, they watch it! they watch it again and they're hooked...anywayz, in the meantime, everyone go vote in this poll at the bottom of this webpage:

Z100 Click Here!!!

Mad bout Alias said:
obsession alias will be on on channel 5 i got this info from sd-1! apparently channel 5 have the rights to series 5 so dont worry :smiley:
Hey guys - i guess you and obsession are UK ALias fans like me. Kinda sucks that Channel 4 gave it up to Channel 5 cos so many people don't have channel 5 unless they have SKY and then they can watch Alias on Sky one anyway.
I'm well up for this forcing everyone we know to watch Alias. It rocks! I still think harassing Channel 4 and E4 would be a good plan - if E4 put it on with Friends, DawsonsCreek and Superman etc and advertised it well it would definitely take off cos the right audience would be watching!!!!

felgercarb sorry!!!!! i ain't been on 4 ages!!!!!
i live in the uk!!!!
yeah i know channel 5 r gonna show it but not 4 another year or two!!!!!
lol!!
*sniff sniff*
lol!!!

jems said:
Mad bout Alias said:
obsession alias will be on on channel 5 i got this info from sd-1! apparently channel 5 have the rights to series 5 so dont worry :smiley:
Hey guys - i guess you and obsession are UK ALias fans like me. Kinda sucks that Channel 4 gave it up to Channel 5 cos so many people don't have channel 5 unless they have SKY and then they can watch Alias on Sky one anyway.
I'm well up for this forcing everyone we know to watch Alias. It rocks! I still think harassing Channel 4 and E4 would be a good plan - if E4 put it on with Friends, DawsonsCreek and Superman etc and advertised it well it would definitely take off cos the right audience would be watching!!!!
yeah i think if they advertised it here atleast once or teice then people would watch it but i've NEVER seen a advert or anything 4 it!!!!! so i wrote watch alias channel 5 at 8:10pm for alias on the desks at school!! lol!!!! yes i HATE vandalisim but hey this is alias!!!!!!!!
lol!!!!!
i watch it on channel 5 though as a recap cus i watched on sky one!!!
I HATE SKY ONE!!!!! i think if the ratings are high on channel 5 then sky might show it! but i doubt it cus it CHANNEL 5 it's like where all the none prophet channels get dumped!!!! and that is such a insult!!!! alias rocks!!!!!
lol!!! (yes i always put 'lol' at the end of all my posts........ it's like a trademark!!!)
lol!

Back