The Alias Prequel Books

Having read AT LEAST one of the Alias prequels, how good do you think they are?

• Excellent! You're not really a fan until you've read them, they're great.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very good. The stories are consistent with the show and give you some really good background, and th

• They're good enough... they're worth it.

• They're OK, I guess you should get them if you're really curious but they don't have any stories tha

• Bad writing - the writing is too juvenile and inconsistent with the show.

• Don't waste your money - they're not necessary to follow the show anyways, they're not worth it.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ooh i'm the first? hehehe. well. when i first saw the books, i was like... WTF?! who the heck would read these? i figure, why read the books when you can just watch the show? and the books being written by different authors totally confused me. but then i really got interested in finding out what happened to sydney before she became a double agent. i wanted to know about her relationship with noah (i love and miss noah :() so i bought the first book. i read it and loved it. then i bought the second book. LOVED this book with all the noah action. nice to see how sydney was actually scared of something. and i just bought the third and fourth books, just reading the third one now. and it's different from the other ones, it's more mystery based. trying to figure out who killed who. that's the only thing that sucks about having them be written by different authors... they each have their own way of writing and shaping sydney's character.
you also get to see sydney's strained, almost non-existent relationship with jack. of course we all know why he was so involved in his work... but she didn't. then there's the aspect of her and francie sharing a dorm. you get to see how they became such close, good friends. no will yet, though. :(
my favorite part of the books? definitely her relationship with noah. :smiley: hehe.

i haven't read the michael vaughn novels yet though....

mmmm. they were realllllly great as books and realy consistent with the show... but i dont like the whole noah thing. uhhhhhhhhhhh. cant wait to get my sequels [ ahhh i hate channel 4, they are so slow at deliveries!] . but yeah, i think they really add to alias, u no, they don't feel like there's someonen completely different writing them.

Syd's naive to the piont of stupidity, the writers have little sense of the show's continuity, seem to think the shows veiws are twelve years old, and to belive that Marshal has an evil twin called Graham.

That said, they are fun to read, and it's nice to see Emily again.

ivand67 said:
Opinions, please...
The books are written for the young teen reader. I wish JJ would find a publisher to commission a few books for a more mature audience. That being said, "Father Figure" as my favorite in the 'Sydney' series. I'm probably biased, though, since Jack is my favorite character and he is treated a bit more favorably in that book.

I haven't read the Michael Vauhgn books and I really don't plan to do so.

The Vaughn books are boring! Has nothing to do with Syd!
I think that they are great books and are not to immature!

a little immature at times (boy-crazy syd!) but a mission is a mission! i enjoyed all of them...if we could just figure out the whole graham thing!!! I think its his real name and then something happened that they call him marshall now. anyways, read them! or at least try them. my library had 2 of the books. make sure u start with the first one tho or it might get kinda confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back