The Alias Story that Remains Untitled

This story takes place in an AU. I was bored one night and decided to right this. I wasn't going to post it, but hey, what the hell? I don't know where I'm going with this, but if you want me to write more, just say so. There is no romance at first, but there will be later on.

Enjoy! :D

Chapter 1

“So you see Sydney, that is why it’s so important for you to complete this mission. If you do, this war will end. The battle against our enemies which has raged on for years, will come to an end. This mission, will take time… lot’s of it. Years and years, but when it is complete, you, and everybody else will be free. Do you understand?” asked Adrian.

Sydney nodded. She had to.

Sydney Bristow was a 10 year old girl who had mastered every training course. She was a super genius for her age, and she had to be to survive. Sydney’s parents were killed by the enemy on the field when she was only a baby. They took her in, gave her a home, loved her, took care of her, and gave her the power to avenge her parents, and so many others who had died along with them. Since birth, she had been a soldier. Forced to train and fight. If they refused to fight, they were beat. Sydney, however, wanted to fight. She wanted revenge. She listened and agreed to everything they told or asked of her. If she could complete this one mission, it would all be over. She would be able to live her life as she wanted: free, peaceful, happy.

“Good then. You leave for you’re mission tomorrow night, where you will go to the United States of America. Zak while accompany you. You will act as a father and a daughter traveling. Once you are in the States, you will take out as many enemy bases as you can. Don’t expect to finish soon. Finding and destroying all the bases takes lots of time. Years, to be exact. Complete this mission successfully, and you will be free” replied Adrian.

Adrian dismissed Sydney to her room. It wasn’t much. Just an empty room with a bed, table, and chair. It was better then the other rooms though. If you refused to work, like many of the children did, you were beat, and the little free time you had, you were in you’re cell. A cold, damp, dirty cell with a small steal bench for a bed, and an old, dirty toilet. Sydney was smart. She cooperated, and did everything they said. She was rewarded by getting full meals, nicer rooms, and more privileges. She hated this life. She was thinking of backing down, but after seeing some kids get beat, she quickly reconsidered. She wanted out of this life.

Sydney sat up on her bed, looking at the ceiling.

Sydney was a mute. She could talk, but never did. Never. She nodded her head, and if there were any situations where she had to talk, she would use a simple “yes, no, I don’t know, maybe, ect.”

“In 24 hours, I’m going to be leaving with Zak to America… I will complete this mission, and I will be free…”

ALMOST 30 YEARS LATER

“This is White Knight. The explosives are in place. Am I good to go?”

“Yeah. Everything is in place. Go”

On the command, Sydney destroyed the enemy base.

“Blasted into a billion pieces” she said into her ear com.

“Good. You will be contacted when we receive more Intel”

Sydney shut off her ear com.
It started to rain out. In a matter of seconds, it was pouring.

“This suits the occasions well. So gloomy…” she said to herself.

She stood there for a moment, in the rain, staring at the sky.

“…It’s… as if the heavens… are crying…” she mumbled to herself, once more.

After standing in the rain for a few moments, Sydney put the detonator used to destroy the enemy lab, into a black bag, along with her other weapons and headed “home.”

She flopped down on her couch.

“It’s not much, but it’s better then my room 20 years ago… how I wish to go home…” she thought.

It was a regular apartment, but there was something about it that made it feel somber. The house was completely desolate. No other life force or inhabitants except for herself. Sydney had always been a downer, and was used to being by herself. She never had any friends that really cared about her. In her mind, she was better off alone. That way, she could never get hurt. Never worry about rejection, or the pain of loss ever again. Her motto was “Show no love, and receive no love.”

Sydney, who was exhausted from a long day, fell asleep on the couch.

THE NEXT MORNING

“Yesterday morning, at exactly 1:37am, a lab in Boston was raided, and destroyed” explained Kendall.

“Any clues who did it?” asked Vaughn.

“None. Whoever did this is extremely good. They left no sign of their presence. This person is considered to be a genius, highly dangerous, and an enemy to this country” replied Kendall.

“No sign of anything?!?” asked Weiss, in disbelief.

“None. Not a hair, finger print, nothing. They hacked the security system with no problem. To anybody else, it would seem like a power outage” said Kendall.

“Hell, there isn’t even enough evidence to prove that anybody was there! It seems like an accident!” shouted a furious Kendall.

“I just don’t understand how someone could hack into and destroy a C.I.A. lab with ease!” said Vaughn.

“We are waiting for any bit of Intel on the person who raided and destroyed that lab. Any reasonable Intel we receive, we move on it! Understand?!?” asked Kendall.

“Sir, what did they steal?” asked Vaughn.

“A Rambaldi artifact. That’s all you need to know” replied Kendall.

With that, everyone was dismissed.

“It’s crazy eh? Everyone’s freaked out! To know that someone has the ability to hack into just about any system and destroy just about anything without leaving a trace, it’s insane! Everyone’s afraid that this agency is a target!” said Weiss.

“I know! I’m going to find out who that person was and stop them, before we’re next” said Vaughn.

“Hey! Vaughn! Weiss! I just got off the phone with somebody. They say they saw someone suspicious looking around the lab the day before. The person referred to themselves as the “White Knight.” A person who lived by the lab reported it” said Agent Davis, running to Vaughn and Weiss.

“Was it a guy or girl?” asked Vaughn.

“We’re not sure. The person said that the suspect was hiding his or her face and his or her hair was hidden under a black tuke. Couldn’t tell if it was a boy or girl” said Davis.

“Hey! I got a call from an airport saying that a person fitting that same description bought a plane ticket for Colorado 2 hours ago” said Agent Rodgers, running up from behind.

After bringing this information to Kendall, they decided to move.

“We have a prison camp for strict interrogations in Denver, Colorado. If our mystery person comes anywhere near this prison camp, there is no telling how much danger this country will be in. I want patrols around the camp, and patrolling the city” explained Kendall.

Vaughn, Weiss, Davis, and Rodgers all nodded, along with many other agents.

So, what do you think?

Very interesting start. I am interested as to what is going to happen next. Please PM me when you update again. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the replies everyone! So apparently, it doesn't suck as bad as I thought. Here is the next chapter.

Enjoy! :D

Chapter 2

DENVER, COLORADO

“Nope, nothing going on around here so far” said Rodgers, talking to Vaughn on his ear com.

“Nothing here either” replied Vaughn.

Vaughn sighed.

“Nothing is happening. Maybe they didn’t come after all…” thought Vaughn.

That’s when Vaughn’s mind changed.

Explosions went off. Lots.

“The camp was just blown to bits!” shouted Rodgers.

“Most of the city is gone too!” replied Weiss.

There were explosions all over the city! The whole city was filled with smoke.

All the survivors had fled.

“I’m checking to see if there are any wounded people in the area!” shouted Vaughn.

Vaughn was walking around, when he heard a noise behind him.

“Oh, it’s only a woman… a beautiful one” he thought.

There was something about this women that made him feel… dark. She had shoulder-length brown hair and brown eyes.

“Hey girl! You might wanna leave! There is a sociopath running around this city somewhere! It’s not safe!” shouted Vaughn.

The women said nothing and didn’t move and inch. Vaughn turned around and continued to walk.

“…I am her…” said the woman.

Vaughn gasped, and turned around. The women had a gun trained on him.

She fired.

Vaughn was just able to dodge it, and take shelter behind a giant chunk of a building that had been blown up.

“This is boy scout! I found our mystery person! It’s a female in her late 20’s early 30’s with shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes!” Vaughn shouted into his ear com.

Sydney, who had heard him, moved towards the rubble he was hiding behind.

She slowly and cautiously made her way closed and closer until WHACK! She received a punch in the face my Vaughn.

She stood there for a moment, while Vaughn caught his breath. He threw everything that he had into that punch.

Her lip was bleeding. Not a lot, just out of the corner.

“…Nobody has ever made me bleed like that before…” she mumbled.

She licked the blood off.

“She’s an animal!” thought Vaughn.

Sydney charged towards Vaughn. Vaughn stood in a defensive position. She attacked head on, and was blocked by Vaughn. Then, she revealed a hidden weapon. A pocket knife. She slashed his arm, and Vaughn gasped as he felt the cool knife cutting through his skin. He felt a quick rush of pain.

He stumbled back, grabbing his arm. Sydney moved closer to Vaughn, who was bending over grabbing his right arm. It was as if she was going to finish him off, when help came.

“Mike! You okay?!?” shouted Weiss, running towards Vaughn.

“…Mike…” she mumbled.

Weiss ran up to Vaughn, not noticing Sydney.

“Time to go!” she said.

With that, another explosion went off, filling the city with even more smoke. When Vaughn and Weiss were able to see again, she was gone.

“Did you see her?!?” asked Vaughn.

“I only caught a glimpse of her. Now, would you sit down and let me bandage you’re arm?!? You’ve been cut pretty deep” said Weiss, as he took out a first aid kit and started rapping a bandage around Vaughn’s arm.

“She moved like an animal” said Vaughn, who grunted in pain as Weiss finished bandaging his arm.

“Sure she did” replied Weiss.

“I’m serious! I’ve never seen a person move that fast! She was like a lioness. Her prey in sight, and all she had to do was pounce it. So quick, the prey didn’t see what hit him. She acted like an animal too…” said Vaughn.

“Well, let’s go back to H.Q. and see if we can find anything on lion girl” replied Weiss, helping Vaughn up.

“…He… he punched me in my face!” shouted Sydney, as she picked up a lamp, and threw it across the room, shattering it into tiny pieces.

“My pretty face… he ruined my pride! I will make him pay!” she said, stroking the spot where Vaughn had hit.

“He is a pretty powerful opponent. Smart too. I may have some trouble with this one…” she said.

THE NEXT DAY

“What?!? You mean to say that there is no file on this girl?!?” asked Vaughn.

“Well, we checked every file in our data base. Nothing matching her description. As far as technology can tell us, we have no proof this woman even existed” replied Kendall.

“It’s as if she has never even walked on the face of the earth” mumbled Vaughn.

“If she does work for an enemy, they did a damn good job of hiding her file. We’ve checked every enemy to this country that we could think of, and there is no sign of this woman” said Kendall.

Vaughn sighed.

“Agent Vaughn, don’t get me wrong, I believe that you saw this woman, and that she does exist, but we don’t have enough accurate Intel to move on” said Kendall.

“I understand…” replied Vaughn.

Kendall patted him on the shoulder, and then left the room.

“Who is this woman?!? It’s as if she has just shown up out of nowhere! Wait a sec… maybe, she’s not human!” said Vaughn.

“What?!? Have you gone mad?!?” asked Weiss.

“Maybe she’s an android or something…” mumbled Vaughn.

“Okay there buddy, you’ve really lost you’re mind” said Weiss.

“She didn’t move like a human, act like a human, and she kind of looked different too” replied Vaughn.

“Listen buddy, keep thinking she’s a machine, but Rodgers is in the hospital, and I think he would appreciate some company” said Weiss.

Vaughn sighed.

“Okay. You’re probably right. Let’s go see Rodgers”

WO! Totally weird, is this going to like, be a prologue to the series, but with a different spin? Please let her be working for SD-6 or something, then she'll join the CIA, fall in love with Vaughn, and they'll run off and get married, right? Right? :knocks on your door: RIGHT?

sydandvaughnforever said:
WO! Totally weird, is this going to like, be a prologue to the series, but with a different spin? Please let her be working for SD-6 or something, then she'll join the CIA, fall in love with Vaughn, and they'll run off and get married, right? Right? :knocks on your door: RIGHT?
Well now, if I told you everything, it wouldn't be a suprise. All I can say is don't worry, things turn out okay in the end. ;)

Very good. I thought it was amusing that Sydney was angry because Vaughn hit her! Please post more soon.
Thanks for the PM

That's great, "yes Vaughn, You just keep thinking she's a machine (except she can bleed you idiot <--sorry venting) and you'll end up in the loony bin.

VARTANCRAZY24: I love your avatar it was so understated it's hilarious.

Stamping for an update,
Anji

Oh, wow! I forgot all about this fic! I was just flipping through the pages and found it. I'm going to continue it though. Here is the next chapter.

Chapter 3

It had been a long day. Vaughn was leaving the hospital after visiting his buddy, Rodgers. He approached his car, when he saw something he didn’t expect.

Just as he was about to unlock his car door, in one of his mirrors, he saw her. The girl in Denver, who had killed and injured dozens of agents. Had she been watching him since he got back? She was standing behind a red convertible, undetected.

“Oh god. Not now! Wait! She doesn’t know that I see her! Maybe I can catch her off guard…” he thought.

She came out from behind the car and looked at him.

“Uh oh…”

She approached him.

He noticed a slight bruise where he had hit her.

“What do you want?” he asked, glaring at her.

She glared back.

“What do I want Mr. Vaughn? I think you know what I want” she replied.

“What’s a cute, little girl like you doing the world of espionage?” asked Vaughn.

“To take back what you have taken from me” she replied.

“What did I take from you?” asked Vaughn.

She came even closer to him, until their faces just inches away, barely touching. They were eye to eye.

“I’ve never noticed how… beautiful she is…” he thought, trying to keep a straight face.

“You took something that no one has the right to take… you took life” she said, as she delivered a hard punch to his stomach, knocking the wind out of him.

He fell to the ground, grabbing his stomach, gasping for air.

“I’ll spare you once more, but remember this: next time we meet, only one of us will be walking away the victor” she said, as she walked into a crowd of people.

“I… took life?” he asked himself, as he got up off the ground and got in his car.

“Now that I have a good picture of her face in my mind, I’ll go back to the office, and describe her. That way, we can sketch what she looks like and maybe find something on her” thought Vaughn.

“Hmmm… going out in person might have been a bit to risky… oh well. What’s done is done” she said, as she entered a coffee shop.

She ordered a cup of coffee and sat down at a table, pulled out her laptop and began to type in something.

“Idiot. I can‘t believe he let me come that close to him” she thought, as she laughed to herself.

Vaughn wasn’t aware, but when she punched him in the stomach, she planted a tracking device on him.

A screen popped up with his file.

She stared at his picture blankly.

A woman came and brought her her coffee.

“He’s a cutie. Is he you’re boyfriend or something?” she asked, looking at the screen on Sydney’s laptop.

Sydney blushed.

“N-No! You idiot! Did you actually think that I would… date someone like him?!?” she asked.

“Well, why not? I mean, look at him. He’s hot. Don‘t you think?” she replied.

“Well… yeah… I suppose you’re right… I suppose he is “hot”… no! I won’t get caught in you’re game! This is all one big plan to manipulate me, isn’t it?!? He sent you, didn’t he?!?” she shouted.

She was lucky that she was the only customer in the shop, because people would have been staring at her like she was a paranoid freak.

“Jeez! Lighten up! He didn’t “send” me or anything! I was trying to start a civil conversation!” the woman replied.

“…If you don’t mind, could you please leave…” said Sydney.

“Hey girlfriend, that sounded more like an order then a question” she said..

Sydney glared at the waitress.

“Okay! Okay! I’m going! Easy there champ!” she said, as she patted Sydney on the shoulder and left.

Sydney started to review his file. Then, something caught her attention.

“His father was killed when he was a small boy? It seems Michael and I have a lot more in common then I thought. Maybe I could use this to my advantage…” she muttered to herself, finishing off her coffee and heading home.

“So… does she look anything like this?” asked a man who Vaughn was describing Sydney too.

“Yes! That looks exactly like her!” shouted Vaughn.

The man brought the sketch over to another man who was sitting at a computer. He said a few things to the other man, and he nodded. He began typing away at his computer. By the looks of it, he was transferring the picture onto the computer.

After about 10 minutes, the man turned around.

“Mr. Vaughn! Come here!” he shouted.

Vaughn ran over.

There, on the screen, was a picture of his mystery girl.

“That’s her! She’s the one I saw!” Vaughn shouted.

“Hmmm… interesting” said the man.

“What is it?” asked Vaughn.

“Well, from what her file says, her name is Sydney Bristow” said the man.

“What’s so interesting about her name?” asked Vaughn.

“No, not her name. Her file. There is barely anything on it. It has her birth date, her present location, some minor personal details… and that’s about it. Nothing about who she works for, or what she’s trained in, or-”

“Do you mind if I read her file in private?” Vaughn interrupted.

“Not at all” replied the man, who got up and left.

Vaughn sat down.

“Hmmm… Sydney Bristow… 1975... Huh? Both her parents were killed?” he asked himself.

“It says here that her parents were kill when she was 6. That must be why she’s so deranged now…”

“Huh? They were killed by the C.I.A.?”

***FLASHBACK***

“You took something that no one has the right to take… you took life”

***END OF FLASHBACK***

“Now I see… the C.I.A. killed her parents… that’s why she hates us…” thought Vaughn.

He was silent for a moment.

“What? Present location: L.A.?!?”

“Well, I’ll look for Sydney tomorrow. Right now, I need some rest” said Vaughn, as he exited the office to go home.

“At Exactly 8:47 last night, the C.I.A. pulled up a file on Miss. Sydney Bristow. There is not much information on her, but we do know that she is behind the explosions in Denver, Colorado, killing and injuring many of our agents. She calls herself “The White Knight” and isn’t very easy to detect. She is smart, and very dangerous. One of the very few things we saw on her file was the present location. Miss. Bristow appears to have made it easier for us, and is staying in L.A. Now, I want every inch of Los Angeles searched, without causing a panic, and when you find Miss. Bristow, bring her in to custody. Is that clear?” Kendall asked.

“Clear” replied the 50 agents, Vaughn being one of them.

There mission was simple: Find Miss. Bristow and bring her into custody.

However, Miss. Bristow is said to be highly dangerous, so capturing her would a the tricky part, but Vaughn knew just how to do it.

Vaughn went around, showing people Sydney’s picture, asking them if they had seen this woman.

Nobody had seen her, until he reached a coffee shop.

“Yeah! That was the girl who came in yesterday! And you’re the guy she was looking at” the waitress said.

“What?” Vaughn asked.

“Yeah, she was looking at you’re file or something. I think she likes you” the waitress replied.

“Likes me? Nah. She doesn’t like anyone. She’s a cold-blooded, ruthless killer” Vaughn replied.

“I don’t know. She seemed like a gentle, but troubled person when we spoke yesterday. She was a little shy though, not to mention paranoid. She thinks that the whole world is out to get her. When I asked her if she liked you, she blushed, so I think she does” the waitress said.

“Thank you, so much! Do you know where I could find her?” Vaughn asked.

“Well, I assume she lives closer to the beach, since that’s the direction she went in, and she said she was going home” the waitress replied.

“Thank you, once again!” Vaughn said, shaking her hand and leaving.

“She thinks the whole world is out to get her? Well, I don’t blame her. She obviously isn’t liked by too many people… it’s a pity…”

He went to every house by the beach, asking people if they had seen her.

“Yes! I have! I always see her go for her morning jog! She lives down the street in that house” said an elderly man, pointing to a small little home.

“Thank you” Vaughn replied, as he walked to her house.

Here are a few spoilers:

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->“Wait! Interrogation? You can’t!” said Vaughn.

“Why the hell not. We have to break her before her handler realizes that she’s been captured” replied Kendall.

“I thought we were just going to question her!” said Vaughn.

“We’ll interrogate her, and if she tells us nothing, we will execute her” said Kendall.

Vaughn was speechless.

“What have I done?!?” he asked himself, as he ran to her cell.<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->
“First off all, it wasn’t a kiss. You just put you’re lips on mine. Second of all, I didn’t do anything because you had me pinned. I had to stay calm to earn you’re trust” he replied.<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->
“Yes. I remember now. He was a good man. A decent C.I.A. officer, who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I remember his face, before my mother strangled him, and after” she replied.<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

Interesting update. Can't wait 'till he finds her. Trouble is she'll oribably really hurt him.
Thanks for the PM

Chapter 4

Instead of busting the door down, he carefully picked the lock, and slowly crept into her house.

She was wearing capri pants and a tank top, sitting on the windowsill. One of her legs was dangling over the edge, as the cool wind blew over her body. She sat there, looking out into the water. She looked so harmless and peaceful, like she had never hurt a person in her life.

“Looks can be deceiving…” Vaughn thought.

He slowly pulled out a gun and aimed it right at she. She didn’t move.

“She must not know I’m here…” Vaughn thought.

“Get off the ledge, put you’re hands behind you’re head, and get on the ground!” Vaughn shouted.

She didn’t even turn around.

“I said now!” he shouted.

Still, nothing.

He came closer.

“Sydney, please! You’re making this hard on the both of us. Get off the ledge and come over here” he said, trying to sound friendly.

She turned around and stared him straight in the eye.

“Sydney, come here” he said.

“No. I don’t want to. I want to stay here” she replied.

“Trust me on this, if you don’t come, the C.I.A. will send agents to take you in by force” Vaughn replied.

“Then… let them. I’m not leaving. I won’t allow myself to be captured by the C.I.A.”

“Listen, I know the C.I.A. killed you’re family, and I know how you feel. I lost my father too. It’s hard, but you have to get over it” said Vaughn, getting dangerously close.

“You’re not afraid to come near me. Most agents would stand at a distance, knowing who I am, but you come within my striking distance. Why is this?” she asked.

“Because I trust you. You’re not going to hurt me. I can see it in you’re eyes” he replied.

“Can you? Eyes can only tell half the story” she said.

He sat down on the ledge next to her.

“It hurts, I know. But, it’ll be okay. The C.I.A. just wants to know” he said.

She punched him in the face, knocking him on the ground. She jumped on him, pinning him.

“I don’t know why you would trust me. I don’t even trust myself” she said.

“I do, though. I do trust you” he told her.

“The C.I.A. always want what they can’t have. They always want to know” she said.

“Please, trust me Sydney” he said, remaining calm.

She bent over so her lips were just touching his, and whispered something.

“I know who you are. I know who they are. I know what they want, and they can’t and won’t have it. I also know what you want…” she whispered.

He didn’t say anything.

She said, as she got up off of him, and walked back over to the ledge.

She sat down, and continued to look out the window.

Vaughn got up and brushed himself off.

“Okay, it looks like I’ll have to use plan B…” he thought, as he pulled out his tranquilizer gun.

He shot her once in the back.

She gasped, and stood straight up. She moved away from the ledge, so she wouldn’t fall off, and began to wobble.

Vaughn stared her in the eye.

She gave him the “how could you, you bastard!” look, before falling.

Vaughn ran up to her and caught her before she hit the ground.

“Sorry about this Sydney, but a job is a job” he said, as he carried her out the door.

Sydney opened her eyes for a moment, and then closed them.

“Let’s congratulate Agent Vaughn on a job well done” Kendall said, clapping.

All the agents started to clap with him.

“I can’t help but feel guilty for betraying her trust…”

“Miss. Bristow is being transported to her cell as we speak. We’ll start interrogation tomorrow night” he said.

“Wait! Interrogation? You can’t!” said Vaughn.

“Why the hell not. We have to break her before her handler realizes that she’s been captured” replied Kendall.

“I thought we were just going to question her!” said Vaughn.

“We’ll interrogate her, and if she tells us nothing, we will execute her” said Kendall.

Vaughn was speechless.

“What have I done?!?”

“What do you want?” she asked him.

He could tell by her tone that she was pissed off.

“You need to tell me everything, now” he replied.

“I already told you, no”

“If you don’t they will kill you”

“I don’t care, it’s not my problem” she replied.

“Hate to correct you, but, yeah, it is!” said Vaughn.

“Well, I wouldn’t have been in the predicament is you hadn’t of shot me. It’s you’re fault” she replied.

Vaughn didn’t say anything.

“You don’t want me to die because you’re attracted to me. That’s it” she said

“No!” he said.

“Well then, how come when I kissed you, you didn’t even try to push me off? You enjoyed it. That much I know”

“First off all, it wasn’t a kiss. You just put you’re lips on mine. Second of all, I didn’t do anything because you had me pinned. I had to stay calm to earn you’re trust” he replied.

“Oh? So you really don’t trust me? All of that was a lie?” she asked.

“No, I don’t trust you” he replied.

He didn’t trust her, he thought she was an awful person, she had killed and injured many of his friends, punch him in the stomach, and still, he felt something for her. Was it love? Was it hate? He didn’t know what it was. Maybe he hated her so much that he loved her. Maybe he loved her so much that he hated her. He… pitied her.

“Listen. I hate you. I despise you-”

“Then why did you come? If you hated me so much, you would want me executed. You came to try to stop me from being hurt. If you hate me, what for?” she interrupted.

That, had left Vaughn speechless. He really didn’t know why he came. He felt guilty for using her. That was his guess.

“Just shut up!” he shouted, walking away.

“Or what?” she asked with a smirk. She knew she was getting to him.

“Or else I’ll come in that cage and shut you up!” he replied.

“Really? You would?” she asked, sarcastically.

He opened the door to her glass cage and walked in, standing only inches from her. This, had surprised her. He didn’t expect him to actually go through with it.

Now, he was the one smirking.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

She glared at him.

“What? Speechless?”

“No” she replied.

“Well then, what is it?” he asked. This time, he was the one getting to her.

“You want to know what it is? You look like you’re father. That’s what it is” she replied.

This caught Vaughn off guard.

“W-What?!?” he asked.

“Yes. I remember now. He was a good man. A decent C.I.A. officer, who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I remember his face, before my mother strangled him, and after” she replied.

Vaughn was devastated. Her mother was the one who had killed his father.

“Of course, I had a few swings at him before he died. My mother held him back, and I had all the fun”

He grabbed her by the neck, and slammed her against the glass wall. He placed his lips just on hers, like she had done before, and spoke.

“Let me make this very clear. If you ever talk about my father again… I will open this cage and kill you myself”

With that, he threw her across the cage, and left, shutting and locking the door behind him.

Just as he was almost out of the room, he heard her.

“I wasn’t kidding though. You do look just like he did. And yes, he was a good man. I got to know him, and he was a lot like you. Young, green, but an all-around good, decent man. He would be proud of you”

Back