Superheroes The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Alien Soup

Head Chef
Title: The Amazing Spider-Man

Tagline: The untold story begins.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Marc Webb

Cast: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Martin Sheen, Sally Field, Max Charles, Campbell Scott, Embeth Davidtz, Chris Zylka, Irrfan Khan, C. Thomas Howell, Jake Keiffer, Hannah Marks, Kari Coleman, Michael Barra, Leif Gantvoort, Andy Pessoa, Kelsey Asbille, Kevin McCorkle, Andy Gladbach, Ring Hendricks-Tellefsen, Barbara Eve Harris, Stan Lee, Danielle Burgio, Tom Waite, Keith Campbell, Steve DeCastro, Jill Flint, Mark Daugherty, Milton González, Skyler Gisondo, Charlie DePew, Jacob Rodier, Vincent Laresca, Damien Lemon, Ty Upshaw, James Chen, Alexander Bedria, Tia Texada, Jay Caputo, John Burke, Terry Bozeman, Jennifer Lyons, Michael Massee, Amber Stevens West, Max Bogner, Ethan Cohn, Zoey Deutch, Miles Elliot, Miranda LaDawn Hill, Amanda MacDonald, Maury Morgan, Michael Papajohn

Release: 2012-06-23

Runtime: 136

Plot: Peter Parker is an outcast high schooler abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance – leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.
The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Starring British actor Andrew Garfield, The Amazing Spider-Man is a reboot of the Marvel Spider-Man movie franchise. The movie also stars Emma Stone, Denis Leary, Martin Sheen, and Rhys-Ifans.

Peter Parker finds a clue that might help him understand the disappearance of his parents when he was young. That clue is deep within the Oscorp corporation where Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner, is working on something that Man wasn't meant to do.

Fans of Spider-Man will recognize villain The Lizard and take note of Spider-man's web launchers.

Very stylish. Quite a few McFarlane poses in there too. I like how the webshooters look kind of like watches. It's conceivable he could wear them all the time and noone would know. Except he's got them on both wrists.

Very stylish. Quite a few McFarlane poses in there too. I like how the webshooters look kind of like watches. It's conceivable he could wear them all the time and noone would know. Except he's got them on both wrists.
The launchers are getting attention in the trailer because they were a source of fan discontent in the last set of movies with Tobey Maquire. In the original comic mythos Peter Parker was a brilliant teen who excelled at science and, after being bitten by a radioactive spider that gave him some abilities, created his own wrist-based web launcher using a web formula that he also created himself. In the Maquire movies he was able to launch the webs organically from his body at the wrists.

In this reboot it looks like they are holding a little bit closer to the comics but tweaking his origin story.

I'm OK with tweaking, but I heard a rumor that they're ditching the spider bite in favor of genetic engineering. I hope not. I never had a problem with the organic web shooters myself.

This looks really cool. sleek, stylish and with some twists. I hope also that they don't do the genetic engineering as Peter Parker's Spidey origins, I liked some of the original story with the bite.

Yes, I have high hopes for this movie. The Lizard has always been one of my favorite comic book villains. He's kind of like Mr. Hyde to Dr. Connors' Dr. Jekyll type character. Plus, the movie has Emma Stone and she was really good in Zombieland. I don't know if I could see this one in 3D. All the webslinging & swooping from one building to the next, might give me motion sickness. Then again, I might have to chance it, as the effects should be excellent!

I too have high hopes for this movie, but I am dissapointed that the characters are not the same. I hate when a movie series changes actors. I am maybe also a little confused by the trailer, from what I understand this movie is going to tell us "how" or "why" Peter Parker became 'Spider Man'. I thought that the first movie showed us "how" he became, and that it was basically an accident. Can someone explain, or do I have to wait and watch when it hits the screen :0)