Animation The Animatrix (2003)

SpyDude

Cadet
Title: The Animatrix

Tagline: Free your mind.

Genre: Animation, Science Fiction

Director: Koji Morimoto, Peter Chung, Andrew R. Jones, Yoshiaki Kawajiri, Takeshi Koike, Mahiro Maeda, Shinichiro Watanabe

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Clayton Watson, Pamela Adlon, Melinda Clarke, John DiMaggio, Kevin Michael Richardson, Tom Kenny, Rick Gomez, Tara Strong, Bette Ford, Julia Fletcher, Dane A. Davis, Debi Derryberry, Jill Talley, Dwight Schultz, James Arnold Taylor, John DeMita, Hedy Burress, Phil LaMarr, Victor Williams, John Wesley, Alex Fernandez, Allison Smith, Matt McKenzie, Tress MacNeille, Kath Soucie, Terrence 'T.C.' Carson, Rodney Saulsberry, Olivia d'Abo, Jack Fletcher, Akio Otsuka

Release: 2003-05-09

Runtime: 102

Plot: Straight from the creators of the groundbreaking Matrix trilogy, this collection of short animated films from the world's leading anime directors fuses computer graphics and Japanese anime to provide the background of the Matrix universe and the conflict between man and machines. The shorts include Final Flight of the Osiris, The Second Renaissance, Kid's Story, Program, World Record, Beyond, A Detective Story and Matriculated.
The Animatrix (2003)

I checked this forum and I didn't find any topic about the animatrix. I'm not gonna talk about the whole animatrix. Just want to know what did you think of The Final Flight of the Osiris? I saw a topic about Final Fantasy though. Anyway what did you think? Was "Final Flight" better than "The Spirits within"? Did you like "the Final Flight?" let me know then.

I didn't really like 'Final Flight' myself. -_- My favorite, hands down, is 'Beyond.' I could watch that one over and over and never get sick of it. But I do like the Second Renaissance ones, because they tell the background behind the Matrix canon story. Cool stuff. :smiley:

its like comparing apples to Oranges Carl,

Spirits withtin is a feature film and its slow and boring, the animation is good but the charactors are so lifeless, its like watching a high res ep of Thunderbirds

Final flight is what, 12 minutes or something, much like the spirits within but its shorter and therefore over quicker

final note: the best animatrix short is detecitve story :cool:

I really wanna see them, I've heard they're very good, so I wouldn't know how good they are compared to each other, cos I've heard good things about both! :smiley:

I know they're very different things. I just wanted to know. Gendo do you understand when does the detective story take place in the matrix timeline? I mean it's before "the Matrix" but the whole matrix is different. It's like past. :thinking:
Anyway My favourite Animatrix episode is Program. Although I consider "The Final Flight" as good

SpyDude, I dont know when it takes place in the timeline, I tried to look it up but got bogged down in some pretty crummy 'fan sites' just google it and ye shall find my good man...