The Ashes!

You can keep 'em.

I don't like Cricket, oh no, I HATE it. The only thing worse than Cricket is people jumping on the Cricket bandwagon when we won the Ashes. People I've known for years claiming they've always loved Cricket when I know they bloody haven't. <_<

Keep the Ashes by all means.

Hehe yeah a little bit. :D

There's no dispute at all England are brilliant at inventing sports. I'm a rugby union fan myself so I'm very grateful.

To be honest, I hate all sports expect Football.

And England and Ipswich are felgercarb at that, so whether it be International weekend or club, I'll be disappointed.

I'll have you know, English football (club wise) is the best in the world.

Internationally is where it all goes tits up.

Anyway, this is The Ashes thread...I hear Shane Warne is retiring?

ALL our England players play in the Premiership except Owen Hargreaves and it looks like he'll be joining Man Utd soon.

What choo on about, Willis?

I know we're felgercarb. But I can't face up to it. Every World Cup and Euro Championship, I always convince myself we will win. And then cry when we go out straight away. :(

Well what i can say, football is an emotional sport (y) I have to agree there, i believe that we will win when it comes to a major event; but lets face the fact that we're just not good at the game we invented any more.

What do you mean 'anymore'? We've never been really good at football.

We cheated our way to the Final in '66 and we even cheated in the Final.

Terrible.

Well personally i think we were really good in the past; in '66 i think we had a really strong team with the West Ham trio of Peters, Moore and Hurst. When Michael Owen appeared on the scene i thought we would have a good chance again but it wasn't to be.

In what way did we cheat in '66?

In the semi's against Argentina, the Argies had their captain sent off early on for basically nothing. I can't help but think the ref was on our side...

And in the final, well, even Stevie Wonder could see that that ball didn't cross the line.

I had no idea about that until you told me, i don't think it was that early on in the match and psychologically, the team with 10-men usually have the upper hand over the team with 11-men.

We could be here for a long time if you want to argue whether that ball crossed the line or not :lol: personally i think it did.

By the way, we've seriously gone off topic :lol:

We have indeed. But we're sticking to it. :lol:

Come on, it wasn't even close to being over the line. We won the World Cup through cheating...

Well if we did win the World Cup through cheating then surely we paid the price (but haven't learnt our lessons yet) in the years which followed, such as the infamous Hand of God in '86, Beckham's sending off in France 1998 and Rooney's sending off just this year.

Back