The Asians Of AA

Haha I know lots of people with brown hair. They're not neccessarily asian, but it's brown!

I never heard of the ears thing. What is considered large? I wonder which I have. What if the head is small, but the ears are medium, so they look large, does that person live longer? :smiley:

yeah! i heard that too! i used to have huge ears when i was little so i was called "Big Eared" but that's probably cause they're big compared to the rest of the head kinda like someone's eyes. But I think they say that cause Buddha has these ridiculously long ears..well if you're asian, you should know what I'm talking about...and i guess if he has it, and he's immortal..wait, is he immortal?? well anyways, if he's immortal, then it's a sign of immortality

here's another one: of the corners of your mouth lift up, then you will be wealthy and not to mention it's pretty. *raises hand* i have it!

I think buddha is immortal but in Nirvana.

I haven't heard of the one about the mouth, but if it's true that I won't be wealthy :(.

there is another thing about your right hand on the pinky side. you go to the end of the piky and count the small deep lines all the way down to the one big line that goes into you hand, and that is how many kids you have, I think this one only effects females though.

It worked for my mom and my grandma.

so we're talking about superstitions now! I haven't heard of the one about the ear or hair...but I'll post some others that I have heard of later (when i remember them...)

I have thick hair! hah so ill only get white hair...

I don't get how the pinky one works. *stares at pinky all day.* :Ponder:

Anyone have to eat that bird spit stuff? I don't get how it works... :confused:

bird spit's very slimy :thinking:

Oh! the pinky one! i know that from my palm reading book! aparentally, palmistry is a word. :confused: They are called children lines. Here's what it says and yes, I'm gonna type it because I'm bored....ok fine, I'm procrastinating for my sat prep...BUT! :rolleyes: yeah.

Very close scrutiny is necessary in defining the Children Lines, because they can be confused by the lines of stress or worry which sometimes occupy the same space. However, on very close inspection, it is possible to identify the number and sex of the children.
The Children Lines are those faint lines which touch or cross the Marriage Line. [that's the deep crease just under your fingers] Child carers have many faint lines in this area but they do not touch or cross the Marriage Line.
Straight lines indicate boys, and curved lines indicate girls.
If the Children Lines appear to "wander" away from the Marriage LIne it suggests a behavioral problem in the child which causes them to want independence too early in life.
palm_childrenlines1.jpg

uh..that image is from a different source
cool huh? funny how asians are so inclined to believe "hokey pokey" stuff ;)

I don't know, some of the stuff is true. like the belief that there are some wierd medicines that we use for healing.

Ooo I've heard about the pinky stuff! lol my mom told me about that one a long while ago...

Hmm...that medicine stuff is interesting. my dad believes in it...goes to see a chinese doctor who prescribes a mixture of herbs...the stuff smells bad though...well i wouldn't use bad...but it's not the best smell in the world...very bitter...

and my uncle's an awesome acupuncturist and tai chi expert, among other things. so it's definitely not unknown in my family. go medicine stuff!

in general, i dont like medicine, western or eastern haha. but i think i mite preference eastern...cus it seems...simpler? i dunno...it just seems more natural. i guess...

bah i can't think of any others at the moment. ive like forgotten a lot of them...

i think there was one about how you act on your birthday reflecting how you'll be the rest of the year or something...but maybe that was new years...or something. i don't remember...:confused:

ill uh keep thinking of them!

Season 4 started in here and I thought Jen's Chinese was good (I almost spelled english insted of Chinese:smiley: well you should hear me talking mandarin and you would think that Jen is a local:D

Well in my new class here in europe is a chinese kid and it's fun when he is teaching chinese to other people in our class. One day during physics one of my class mates said "wo ai ni" (I love you) when class was quiet and I turn around and start laughing and everyone else is stairing at me....

Ooh. An Asian thread. lol. Yeah. Hi :smiley: No one ever goes here.. I noticed, but I figure I'll introduce myself anyway.

1. from what country are you from
Philippines

2. where are you now?
Still in Cebu, Philippines. lol.

3. what languages do you speak
Mandarin, Folkien, Filipino, and English

4. what alias season is your local tv showing now?
Season 4, I think. But I'm very up-to-date on the Alias episodes (as in, I've seen what's aired of Season 5). Sorry, guys. Can't help the addiction.

5. what are your asian features? almond eyes? round eyes? etc etc
Umm.. I have black hair and eyes, 5'6", quite-chinky eyes.

6. why do you like alias?
'Cause of Jennifer :D

7. how many times has the series mentioned your country?
They mentioned it in several episodes (surprise, surprise "terrorists in Manila <_<") But they've had the location once only, with Sloane and Emily.

8. and anything under the sun!!!
Hi. :D

hi!

i just realized that i haven't really answered to these questions myself... :lol:
so i'm just gonna do it.

1. from what country are you from
Korea (south)

2. where are you now?
France. (i live in france since i'm 2)

3. what languages do you speak
Korean, french, english, and a little of german

4. what alias season is your local tv showing now?
hmm. they aired the season 4 finale in december.

5. what are your asian features? almond eyes? round eyes? etc etc
black hair, eyes.

6. why do you like alias?
cuz of gartan. (duh!)

7. how many times has the series mentioned your country?
once i think. in season 3, when sydney and vaughn are in north korea. (even though i'm from south korea)
and for france... i don't remember. lot of time! (nice, paris, chamonix, marseille...)

8. and anything under the sun!!!
what does it means? lol

The asian thread is alive!

I moved away form China and tehy don't have chinese classes in here exept in uni, but I can't go there since I have school :( so now I'm forgetting all of my Chinese, coz I don't use it anymore.

Anyway... What's up people?

no one's posted here in like a month so i decided i would. so i was born in the philippines but i moved to arizona when i was 3 1/2. i can speak a little bit of tagalog.

Back