THE AUCTION

Disclaimers : My niece was watching the "Wizard of Oz" and if Dorthy can tap her red rubies to get home, maybe I can do the same to my Red Gucci's to own Alias... *Running over to tap the Gucci's* Needless to say, nothing happened.. :eek: but my 5 year old niece calling me crazy.. :lol: . Obviously I do wish I had owned them but unfortunately I don't.. JJ does as well as ABC.. And I don't think they'd be willing to share.. ;)

I used to be a lurker... :ninja: but decided to join in all the fun... :D

Despite my SC name, I'm a shy person and this is my first story so go easy on me.. I was really nervous about posting it..

Basic Summary: Takes place after the fight in the warehouse when the escalated UST (Unresolved Sexual Tension) between Vaughn and Sydney enhanced each other’s feelings and the date in Nice didn’t happen.... The whole spy crew is sent on a mission to retrieve the gyroscope...

Title: The Auction

Pairings: Read and find out... :P

“And now, our last and most anticipated bachelor of the evening... Lord Paolo Nicholi Worthington...”

Even though it was a formal charity dinner with wealthy High Officials, Rich Diplomats and other Royal Regents, the course of vulgar catcalls were heard loud and clear throughout the huge banquet hall.

And the reason for this reaction was for the man walking slowly down the stage with his tell tale signs of a slim muscular physique that was even obvious through the tuxedo he wore; along with the five o’clock shadow that donned his gorgeously handsome face and the piercing greenish hazel eyes that drove all the women, single or married, wild... along with a few males.

Overall, the man was a walking fantasy; the personification of sex.

His posture was one of calmness as he strode down the runway but it was clearly obvious the air of power and danger he possessed around him. As he finally got into the spotlight on the stage, a quiet hum fell over for a few moments, the crowd taking in man’s looks while he looked backed at them without fear and the tension went up a few notches.

He turned his head for a second as if the lights shining on him were too bright, clearing his throat in the process and relaying a message through the comp to Weiss, “I hate this. I’m like a damn piece of meat...”

Sir Henri Ian O’Conner’s, rather Eric Weiss, was standing at the corner with the Egyptian princess that bid on him, he slightly choked on his champagne when heard this from upon the stage.

“Are you all right?” his date asked, concerned.

“Sorry, I don’t normally drink...” he said with a smile and his fake but perfect Scottish accent. “Excuse me for just a moment,” as he turned and walked to the agent posing as a waiter to drop off his champagne flute, he responded with a low voice, “Could’ve fooled me, man. Seems like you’re getting a kick at all the women drooling over you-” he smirked. Luckily they switched the comp frequency between them two only and not the other various agents... ‘ wouldn’t want to cause anymore trouble between the two... they are emotional as is...’

He was heading back to the princess and quickly glanced at the stage to see his reaction to his next message “-although I’m sure it’s one woman, a Sydney Bristow, in particular whose attention and reaction you’d like to see when the other women bid over you...” As he made it back to the princess’ side, he saw Vaughn’s posture go rigid and his eyes hard, giving him a glare that equated up to homicide.

The murderous atmosphere between the two was broken, “Well, as promised, we really did seem to save the best for last. Being that the money will go for a good cause and comes with an incentive-” sensing the ridiculously heavy reaction from the crowd at the young man’s appeal “-the lady that wins this young man tonight will look forward to a private surprise dinner that has been requested by Lord Worthington himself. ” Dreamy gasps were heard and the Australian auctioneer decided to take the chance of starting the bid high, “Let the bidding start at —“

“—Five thousand dollars,” was the first bid thrown out. Looks of surprise dispersed throughout the faces of all the bachelors and other men because the most expensive bid finished at nine thousand eight hundred dollars for Lord Worthington’s best friend, Sir O’Conners.

At the same time, the comp frequency switched back to Base Ops and all the other agents within the hall. Base Ops decided to monitor the auction so that Agent Vaughn wouldn’t be bid on by the wrong person.

Startled, the auctioneer looked back at the crowd in disbelief, ‘Five thousand was the starting? My God...’ he cleared his voice, “Well then... five thousand shall be the opening... do I hear six thousand?” ‘This will be one of the most exhausting but most interesting auction yet...’

“Eight thousand-” was thrown out next and then the bidding went crazy.

For the next 15 minutes, it seemed that the bids were not only for showing off wealth by sizing up their opponents money but also a matter of pride and for the definitely for the man.

“Seventy-five thousand dollars-” was heard and all heads turned to the tall Nubian beauty with a slight Russian accent.

Again, the crowd fell silent.

The look on Vaughn’s face was of pure shock but he quickly hid it and sent a mischievous grin towards his bidder, whom he recognized instantly.

With blatant desire in her eyes, she looked lasciviously at him and smiled right back..

Over the comps, Kendall growled, “Sh*t... the bid wasn’t supposed to start so high and the CIA only sanctioned sixty thousand for the situation...”

“Sheesh, who knew that Vaughn was such an expensive piece of meat?” Weiss muttered forgetting that the comps were switched back so that everyone heard what was going on, a few agents snicked while he was also turned his head towards this wealthy bidder.

“Base Ops... this is Mountaineer... we’ve got the package... mission accomplished....” As Sydney Bristow and her father, Jack Bristow ran down the stairs, she decided to hide the small pentagon shaped disk along the garter she wore.

“Good work Mountaineer... proceed for extraction and we’ll have the copy ready by the time you get to your flight...” came the prompt reply.

“Will do... “ and then realized that it suddenly all too quiet down in the banquet hall, “Hey Weiss, why’s it so quiet? What’s going on?”

Weiss didn’t really hear what Sydney asked because he was still jolted by the identity of the bidder. Quiet murmurs started again and he practically spat out his second drink, he tapped the comp in his ear, “Holy sh*t... Base Ops, we have a major problem...”

Kendall was outraged... “What the hell is going on? Who the put in that bid?” Base Ops was clearly also in shock at the amount of money that the ladies, particularly one lady was willing to give for the illusion of ‘Lord Worthington’ whom was actually Central Intelligence Agent Michael Vaughn.

“Okay... the last bid is at seventy five thousand dollars for Lord Worthington... do I hear seventy six?”

Hushed conversations erupted throughout the crowd at how far the bidding had gone for this ‘Lord Worthington...’ and still majority of the people were in favor of bidding more for a night alone with the man.

As she panted and almost slipped with her stilettos while down to the last step, her father reached out to steady her. She flashed him a quick smile and both were listening to the heated voice while they were on their way out the door when the auctioneer repeated the bid on Vaughn and she stopped dead in her tracks. “Did he just say seventy five thousand for Lord Worthington!?!” Her voice clearly rang over the comps cutting through Kendall’s tirade and everyone held their breaths.

What do you all think? :blink: Should I continue on with it or not? :nervous:

This is my first story that I'm posting here and like I said before, I'm rather nervous about it.... :hide:
By leaving reviews... I'll feel better 👍

Farah

I love it!! You must continue!! I love a sexy Vaughn story!! 🤤
I can't wait to find out who bid on him!!
Please update soon!!
And believe me, you have nothing to be nervous about. This is a wonderfully written story!! And so much fun!! :D

Karie

:woot: weeeee! this is great. sexy Vaughn! hell ya. i would pay 75 thousand for a night alone with him :lol: so who's bidding on him if it's nto Syd?
--mandy :angelic:

i'd dont have much money, but i would get some to get vaughn alone for the night.. yummy!!!
anyway great chapter
could i get a pm, too?

Jen-Jen said:
pretty good keep going if you want any help pm me

Thank you very much for the encouragement... I'll be sure if when I get stuck.. :D

Thanks for leaving reviews... helps me out a lot... (y) I ask for them because when I took a writing course, like 2 semesters ago, my idiotic professor, who was an ass told me I wasn't good at.. :(

Anyways, this chapter is long so I'm gonna break it into two parts... Hope you all like it!

Previously,

As Sydney Bristow panted and almost slipped with her stilettos while down to the last step, her father, Jack Bristow reached out to steady her. She flashed him a quick smile and both were listening to the heated voice while they were on their way out the door when the auctioneer repeated the bid on Vaughn and she stopped dead in her tracks. “Did he just say seventy five thousand for Lord Worthington!?!” Her voice clearly rang over the COMMs cutting through Kendall’s tirade and everyone held their breaths.

Chapter 2: Bound By Duty

Jack Bristow knew of the emotional attachment that went on between his daughter and her handler, being that he was the one who called them on it. He caught the tone of incredulous jealousy in her voice and saw the expressions that crossed her face. With a stern voice, “Lets go, Sydney. The CIA’s extraction team will be here within a two minutes... we’ve have to go... now.” He tried to grab her elbow but she quickly evaded him.

She went radio silent for a moment and squinted her eyes, glaring at her father, “You go... I’m going after Vaughn-”

With an exasperated sigh, Jack went radio silent as well for this brief point of trying to convince his daughter that Agent Vaughn could take care of himself but somehow he knew it wasn’t going to work. “You go after him, and it’ll blow all our covers. Did you think about that?”

He returned her glare hoping it would affect her and she would back down, “Why is it that you are willing to throw protocol out when it comes to Agent Vaughn? He is a man who can take care of himself or else the CIA wouldn’t have him out here as a field agent.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me... don’t you think I know what the requirements are for field agents?” she said with biting sarcasm.

She knew what her father was trying to do with returning her glare and even though it shook her a little, she wasn’t willing to back down because just thinking about Vaughn gave her courage and strength, “I don’t need this lecture. He had put his career on the line for me many times over, and that debt have and will be repaid in kind.” She quickly reached into her garter, pulling out the disk and slipped it into his pocket. “Bye Dad, see you in LA... “ and she briskly turned to run back to the banquet hall while tapping her COMMs back on.

“Extraction’s outside, Agents Bristow...”

Watching her go, he made a serious mental note to have another conversation with Agent Vaughn regarding the parameters of ‘Handler and Asset Protocol’ when everyone was back in Los Angeles. “On my way...” Jack replied “...one coming out.. “

“Sir, we were informed–“

As Jack ran over to the van, “I am aware but change of plans.... “ he said while jumping into the van. “I want another extraction van here within the double for about seven agents all together...” He reached over to give one of the agents the disk for duplication.

“Calling it in right now-”

Jack nodded and turned back to the monitor to keep an eye out for any suspicious activities.

In the van, about fifteen minutes passed by until one of the Tech Agents checked his results for the third time to make sure there weren’t any mistakes before approaching Senior Agent Bristow. Scared but confident in his findings, he spoke up, “Agent Bristow? There’s a problem.”

Jack’s voice, alone, scared the wits out of some of them, “What is it?”

“Sir... you’ve only completed half of the mission.” All the others in that surveillance van held their breath, watching incredulously at this Junior Agent’s audacity to say something like that.

Jack was surprised at the balls of this younger man and replied in his infamous cold voice, “Excuse me?”

He quickly tried to redeem himself, “The disk you’ve brought back is useless without the gyroscope itself and vice versa.”

"Explain."

"Agent Bristow... sir... I’m sorry,” the freshly-recruited-just-out-of-college Agent’s realized his slip and his voice became slightly twinged with fear, “What I meant to say was there’s good news and then bad news. This disk is something equivalent of a key to activate the gyroscope. Using various binary sequenced algorithms-”

“In English, Agent Simms.” Jack’s patience was wearing thin as he cut in. Obviously the man was the CIA equivalent of Marshall.

“Uh... right.. sorry,” he blushed, “I’ll start with the good then... As I was said before, I decoded the basic encryption. According to the information, there are two sets of data stored. The first time the gyroscope is activated, a cover ‘front’ of data will come up. In that, there will be a key, another decoder of sorts, that this disk will automatically load and open to the second stored set of data, which contains what we are looking for.” He took a breath before continuing on, “The bad news to this is if the gyroscope is activated with failsafes. If, without the disk it is activated twice, it will self destruct by corroding it own data.”

Everyone was astonished by this new revelation.

“Are you absolutely certain?” He asked in a deadly voice.

The fear finally kicked in and made the man stutter, “Ye... yes... Agent Bris.. Bristow. “ He quickly handed him three sets of printouts, “I tri... tripled chec..ked myself before a.. approaching you.”

“How the hell did Sloane miss this?” He skimmed through the paperwork while relaying everything back to Base Ops. He and Kendall were in the middle of deciding the next course of action when another agent on video surveillance spoke up, “Agent Bristow?”

Jack turned his head towards the man.

“About half an hour before you and your daughter went up, there was a three and half minute break in the circuit feed.”

“And I wasn’t informed about this before... why?”

“We checked it out and thought it was a minor glitch... but thinking about it... that would have been ample time for a trained spy to go in and come out with the gyroscope.”

“Yes, it would have. That might explain why we only found the disk and not the gyroscope itself.”

As Sydney walked in, one of the elder gentlemen caught up to her, “Contessa La’cret... where have you been?”

“I went to the get some air, Signore-”

“Ah ha... but you are missing all the fun. It is a good thing that this Lord Worthington decided to join the charity auction at the last minute. It is amazing how much the women are willing to go for on the man."

“Really?” she forced out, already on the edge, “I barely noticed him.”

“You lie, Contessa. You’ve been stareing at him the whole time and your cheeks are glowing.”

As much respect she had for the elderly, there were times she wished to make an exception, and wanted to punch this guy’s lights out.

“He is rather a handsome man.” She tried to appear nonchalant.

“The bid is already over $100,000. Only two minutes ago, it was at $75,000.”

When the bid jumped from $145,000 to $200,000, she gave him a wicked smile and walked down onto the balcony to see put it in. For some reason, that lady’s voice sounded familiar but she couldn’t place it. Also, with the brightness of the lights, some of the bidders from hidden.

She heard Eric’s voice a moment later, rage flared up when he revealed who the woman was bidding for Vaughn.

When Weiss relayed the identity of Vaughn’s expensive bidder as the nefarious Anna Espinosa, shockwaves were apparent throughout the COMMs.

Sooooo... :hi: what do you think so far?!? :whistle: Is it getting your attention? :baa:

Farah

I love this story!! Anna is bidding on Vaughn!! LOL Poor Syd!!
I can't believe that your professor would say something like that to you!! He obviously is a fool!! You are a brilliant writer!! As I said before, I LOVE this story!! Thanks so much for the PM! Can I get another for your next update? Thanks. Can't wait! :D

Karie

dude this is a great story.i can't wait to see what happens.keep up the great work. (y)

-please PM me when the next chapter is up. :smiley:

:hi: HI!

Thanks for leaving reviews... helps me out a lot...  I ask for them because when I took a writing course, like 2 semesters ago, my idiotic professor, who was an ass told me I wasn't good at.. 

Can I just say this about your professor? (rhetorical question) He is EVIL and totally WRONG! :banghead:
Your fic is addictive :abduct: it's like a really good movie which I can't stop watching!!! More please!!! :popcorn: 👍

nattie :flowers:

oh no, how did i expect this to come up. *sigh* it was great though wonder what Syd will do. hmm... more soon plz :D
--Mandy :angelic:

Back