THE AUCTION

:eek: oohhh this had got me intrigued. Keep going, its great!! Can I have a pm when u update please???????

Thanks
Kylie
:cheers: :joker2:

Hey all, :P

Decided to put up the next part of the story... it's a bit shorter but hey.. ;) Hope you enjoy it!

Previously,

When Weiss relayed the identity of Vaughn’s expensive bidder as the nefarious Anna Espinosa, shockwaves were apparent throughout the COMMs.

And now, the continuation..

When Weiss relayed the identity of Vaughn’s expensive bidder as the nefarious Anna Espinosa, shockwaves were apparent throughout the COMMs.

“Are you sure, Agent Weiss?” Kendall asked stupidly.

“Of course I am,” he replied heated while some of the other agents confirmed the visual as well.

“Dammit... why the hell is she-”

When Jack cut him off, relaying the whole situation a moment later, about the disk and missing gyroscope, everything fell into place as to why the K-Directorate Agent was there.

He warned Sydney to stay out of sight.

As Kendall repeated the gist of Jack’s transmission for all the Agents in the banquet hall, they become so engrossed in it that they didn’t notice the Auction had started up again.

He decided to gamble on his next course of action, “Change of plans, people... especially for you Agent Vaughn.”

Even though the AD wasn’t there to see his reaction, Vaughn became stiff.

“As a matter of National Security, we need to retrieve that gyroscope, no matter what the cost.”

Vaughn turned his head away, and spoke lowly, “Define what you mean by ‘no matter what the cost.’” His voice was laced with anger.

“Well.. there is a huge possibility that she might have taken the gyroscope before both Agent Bristows got there, you have to do whatever is required and necessary to get it back. Since it seems that this K-Directorate Agent has taken a liking to you by willing to bid all that money, you will go through with this evening as ‘Lord Worthington.’

As the auction finally came to its closing with a loud bang against the gravel and “Sold! To Contessa Nyah Dereaux,” Anna had won by putting in that last bid for $460,000.

The cheer effectively blocked out the two versions of “What?!?” were heard from not only the green eyed CIA Handler but also from his Asset.

“I must have heard wrong but was that a $460,000 price tag on Agent Vaughn’s head?”

“Yes sir...” Weiss said, trying to control his laughter.

Since everyone was still in the process of applauding, the noise blocked off when Vaughn spoke, shocked at what was being implied, “Am I to understand that I am being ordered to 'pimp’ myself for that thing? A metallic-”

Kendall’s condescending tone was heard once again, “That metallic thing is a very destructive weapon that could be in the hands of the bad guys, which is a very bad thing. Are you aware, Agent Vaughn, should you refuse on such an assignment given under the pretenses of it falling under ‘National Security Rules’, that you could be tried for treason?”

"I don’t believe this..” Sydney cut in, effectively cutting off both of them before their volley of exchanging words got way too explicit on Vaughn’s part.

“Since we didn’t get the gyroscope, the only scenario that seems fitting is she’s got it. I don’t care how you do it or whether you like it or not, you are being ordered to go through the evening to retrieve it.” Kendall said angrily and signed off.

“Okay, that’s it. I am officially declaring that in the next undercover mission we go on, I am so going blonde. Apparently, the old saying of ‘Blonde’s having more fun ?’ I am a believer now.” Weiss cracked and everyone laughed... all except one very extremely pissed off Double Agent in a dress.

I wanted to thank you all again for the reviews.. :flowers: You all me make feel like a :winner: and that I must be doing something right..

By the way, thank you to the lurkers as well 🕵 Leaving the smallest of those Emoticons would be appreciated.

Farah

Tell me what you think so far..

great. love it. :D hehe wonder if vaughn will 'pimp' himself or will the very extremely pissed off double agent in a dress do something about it :laughbounce:
--Mandy :angelic:

:eek:scar: Lovin it! Lovin it! Absolutely one of my favorite stories!! :clap:
I love HOT Vaughn!! -----> :bond: :stick: 🏒
(y) (y)
Keep up the great work!!
Thanks for the PMs!! Keep 'em coming!! ;)

Karie

I gotta agree this is one of my favourite stories as well!!!! It is so much fun but intriguing at the same time. Keep it up!! Thanks for the pm, can I have another when u update again please??
Thanks Kylie :jump: :joker2: :super: :joker: :sideroll:

i can't wait to see what happens.that was a great chapter,keep up the great work. (y)

-please PM me when the next chapter is up. :smiley:

WOW! please post more soon. I love this story!
would you be so kind as to add me to your PM list? I want to know when you update this already brilliant story! :D :D

maartje

I just caught up...this story is fantastic...Can you send me PM when you update please???
Please post more soon! :woot:

nattie700 said:
PS: Do you like the Spam??? :spam:
Don't laugh... but since I'm kinda new to this site.. what is SPAM?

Sorry that I haven't been around... life has been way too crazy.. :blink: Between being in the process of moving, and my work sending me out of town 3 times a week... I barely get the time to stay on... :confused:

Anyhow, enjoy this chapter.. its pretty long so I decided to break it up into two parts..

Chapter 3: The Hidden Devil

After the auction finished, the rest of the evening activities started. Dinner was served while the main floor was shifted for dancing.

The band started up with classical ballroom style and gradually in honor went into the various types of multi-cultural musical pieces, a little something for everyone while saving the most attention catching Latin dances for last.

A few couples started to dance accordingly to the music.

“You’ve been holding out on us, Eric..” Sydney teased from the balcony, watching Weiss and his Egyptian Princess doing the Rhumba. “Since when have you been dancing, Twinkle Toes?”

She had been ordered to stay out of sight.

When he turned his date around for the twist, Eric’s laugh reverted back to her and everyone else listening, “Long enough but I didn’t think that writing down my dancing skills would be a dire part of the CIA job qualifications.”

“You’re too much,” she declared comically while walking back to find a view of Vaughn and Anna.

“You think I’m good? You’d be surprised by his talents,” he said, knowingly adding more fuel to the already raging fire. He didn’t elaborate whom he was talking about for she knew.

The lights dimmed as the atmosphere became more romantic while the music slowed down, becoming more sensuous...

As Sydney watched the couples taking the floor, eagerly searching for them. Not seeing the two, she was about to move her position when she heard the uninhibited laugh of woman and turn to see the happy couple...

....only to see Vaughn whispering something in her ear and that it was Anna laughing in his arms.

Instantly, all she saw was red, her body automatically going into the ‘fight or flight’ response, although the ‘fight’ mode was taking control.

She began to fume at Vaughn’s ease of slipping into the role of the French Playboy Lord Worthington. When the waiter went by, she grabbed two glasses of champagne and drank them unceremoniously.

She watched as other couples began to give a show on the floor, a few standing out with their moves.

Due to the dimness of lights and also the two getting in with the crowd, she lost them in the mix. For the next ten minutes, she searched until the main crescendo of the music started and suddenly, the people began clearing the floor for only two
dancers.

The atmosphere was crackling with energy as the eye-catching couple stood apart, at a five feet distance and when the crescendo started gradually, the first move was made by Anna.

She slowly walked over, putting a hand on his chest as she circled him and at the peak of the music, he swung her around before she finished. The surprise move caused her to lose her balance but he caught her easily.

The mistake went unnoticed as she recovered beautifully by hooking her leg around his thigh just in time. He took two steps forward and dipped her gracefully, her head almost touching the floor.

It became obvious that the man was more powerful then he looked.

He pulled her up and finished it off the dance with a few artistic moves on his part.

She hid her face on his shoulder as the hall was filled with an uproar of applause, the people going crazy.

“I think they like us..” he said and she chuckled.

"We're good together," came from her, muffled.

When the applauding finally quieted down five minutes after, people took the floor again with Vaughn and Anna still there when the music began once again.

The Head of the charity and auctioneer came by to congratulate them and Anna surprised the three men, “I’m willing to write another check, to make it an even million.”

Another round of ‘what’s’ were heard not only from the three men but over the COMMs as well.

She smiled at Vaughn and told the two to bring the paperwork over.

“Are you sure, Contessa Dereaux? Am I worth that much-”

“Yes...” she took a breath, “In my line of work, life is short and never have I been so affected by any man the way I have been tonight.”

One of the waiters came over, “Perdoname, Contessa, you are being summoned.”

“Of course,” She told the messenger as she loosened her arms from his neck and ran them down to his waist, “Lord Worthington,” and stepped back but he didn’t let her go.

He gave her a toothy grin, “For such a beautiful lady to bid so much on me and even adding more to it, I am asking you to call me by my given name.”

Instead of the normal smirk or grin, she gave him a full blown smile, “Paolo-” she let out.

When a flash of royal blue silk caught the corner of his eye on top of the balcony, he saw the destructive fury in all its glory headed towards the backrooms near the staircase.

“In the meantime, I have to go to the restroom.” He let her go finally but when her smile turned notorious as she suddenly pulled him to her, their bodies brushing up against one another.

She pinched him in the ass right before kissing him under his chin and quickly worked her way up to his ear, “I don’t like to kept waiting but for you, I’ll make an exception,” she said in a deadly serious voice.

“I believe you.”

She looked at him and out of nowhere, she pressed her lips against his briefly.

Gasps were heard throughout the hall.

Being that he was unexpectedly ambushed and she was the one who instigated as well broke off the kiss, he had a look of bewilderment on his face which pleased her.

Not knowing what to say, he raised her hand and kissed it while bowing.

She was taken in by his gallantly ways as watched him go towards the restroom while watching all the heads of the women turn and openly stare at his form.

“Holy sh*t... I can’t believe it... she put down a million for you?!? What the hell does she see in you? Probably the hair, I’m definitely going blonde.. ”

“Shut up, you rambling idiot.”

“You are in so much sh*t... from all sides.. ” Weiss said as Vaughn walked by him, “Damn man... the way you’re being gawked at... I think other pieces of meat such as sirloins and steaks get more respect.”

"That was corny.." one of the agents threw out boldly.

“And I’m gonna definitely kick your ass when this mission is over,” Vaughn warned Weiss haughtily.

Sooo... interesting enough? I live for reviews... it gives me an idea of how I'm doing.. I've got more written and the first chance I get, I'll put it up..

Farah

:lol: that was so cute Farah. Anna's EVIL! EVIL I TELL YOU! I really hope Sydney kicks her ass. *sighs* Poor Vaughn and Weiss, who's gonna get his ass kicked. :lol: it was great. More soon :D
--mandy :angelic:

Back