Azhria Lilu

Captain
Robert Downey Jnr
Chris Hemsworth
Chris Evans
Samuel L Jackson
Mark Ruffel

Are we excited yet?

I can't wait to see this movie. I seriously can't - next week sometime when the cinema quietens a little I'll be there drooling.. I mean.. watching this film.

I'm a little excited because it's getting consistently good reviews but I wasn't that impressed with the last two Marvel films I saw. In fact I didn't stay around to see the end of either of them but this one I think might be different.

BTW I guess I'm showing my age here but I was about to wax lyrical on the 1960's TV series of the same name :D

The Avengers. Directed and Written by Joss Whedon of "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" fame.

It was truly awesome to behold, and brilliant in its execution. Seeing the SHIELD Helicarrier take off from its disguise as an ordinary supercarrier was jaw-droppingly amazing.

Top marks go to the parts showcasing Iron Man, Thor, and The Hulk. Great supporting performances by Scarlett Johansson as "Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow"; and Cobie Smulders as "Agent Colson" The actor playing Loki, Tom Hiddleston, was a great villain.

There was some great Whedonesque humour in the banter between the Avengers.
Bruce Banner: "I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him."
Thor: Have a care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother.
Natasha Romanoff: He killed eighty people in two days.
Thor: He's adopted.

I loved this scene of Loki talking down to The Hulk upon being threatened with a pounding.

Loki: "Enough! All of you are beneath me. I am a god, you dull creature and I shall not be bullied..."
*The Hulk picks up Loki and slams him repeatedly left-right-left-right-left against the floor like a rag doll* Loki groans as he lies motionless in the hole in the floor his body made.
The Hulk: "Puny god".