Season 5 the baby

i know the procedure was done in S.O.S. but irina's explanation was in maternal instinct so i'm putting this here.

irina said she loved sydney and thats why they saved the baby. obviously thats not true. that would be too simple. so my point isn't that theres something going on with prophet five and the baby, but rather that irina is stupid if she thinks syd or anyone else is going to believe that they saved the baby just for syd's sake.

1. why would they have all the equipment and everything on the ship. they wouldnt have known ahead of time that there were going to be complications with the pregnancy.

2. if it was just a problem with the baby, they wouldnt need sydney's doctor to be there. any doctor could have done it. therefore, they wouldnt need to have an evil person be sydney's doctor in the first place. there has to be a reason why syd's doctor is evil, so obviously they want the baby for something else and the doctor was in on it. does that make sense?

3. if they were just trying to help, why wouldnt they just say so instead of freaking syd out and making her believe that they were harming the baby or something?

it's obvious to us as viewers that there's something going on with the baby but it would be obvious to syd too, so why does irina even pretend that there's not.

this bothered me aswel - even more so because of the crib that Jack and Renne found at the house a few episodes back before they moved to the ship. It seemed than that they were gonna keep syd until the baby had been born.

It was a litle weird that Jack didn't tell Sydney about Hungary and what he and Renèe found there!

And yes, Prophetfive wants the baby!

this bothered me aswel - even more so because of the crib that Jack and Renne found at the house a few episodes back before they moved to the ship. It seemed than that they were gonna keep syd until the baby had been born.
i mustve missed that. i havent paid much attention to alias this season, but i turn the tv on for every episode

I believe the ship was on the way to Hungary. That is just my opinion though.

What is so special with the baby, that the prophet five people wants?

Could it be the formula to immortality in the baby's dna or something? :P

I believe the ship was on the way to Hungary. That is just my opinion though.

wasn't it in the pacific??? :thinking:

i got the impression they had been there before they got on the ship - they moved to the ship cos it was more secure. :thinking:

This baby is the reason Irina came back in the first place. First and foremost, she is a mother regardless of anything she says to Sydney or Jack. Irina's main priority is protecting Sydney, Nadia and the Baby, no matter what the costs. The only reason why Irina hides information from Sydney is that if she found out she would not allow her mother to risk her life for her or anyone else. Baby Isabelle is the key to Prophet 5, and Rambaldi, and everyone knows it. Think about this, Rambaldi, had never really been resolved. Just as we, the audience thinks it has, it always comes back to haunt us in one way or another. Baby Isabelle is the key to the entire story. I think Irina, Sydney, Nadia, and the Baby all hold something secretative that Sloane wants, and Irina is the only person who really knows the truth about everything including why the baby was conceived and the secret she holds to eternal life.

but why would she even try to lie to sydney about it? it should be really obvious to syd that there's something going on with the baby.

but why would she even try to lie to sydney about it? it should be really obvious to syd that there's something going on with the baby.

Throughout the entire series when Irina was present, she has always held back from Sydney. Remember when she escaped and left her the earings? Via morse code she told Sydney that "truth takes time" These three words basically is what the show stands by. If Irina did not care about Sydney why would she have even come back into her life? Also, remember last season when Irina slapped Jack across the face for thinking that she put a hit out on her own daughter? Remember how pissed she was?Think about it, all she has ever done is try to protect Sydney, no matter what her own daughter may think of her in the end. Any thoughts?

maybe she is trying to protect sydney, in fact she probably is, but why would she be so stupid to think that syd is gonna believe she was only trying to help the baby when...
1. why would they have all the equipment and everything on the ship. they wouldnt have known ahead of time that there were going to be complications with the pregnancy.

2. if it was just a problem with the baby, they wouldnt need sydney's doctor to be there. any doctor could have done it. therefore, they wouldnt need to have an evil person be sydney's doctor in the first place. there has to be a reason why syd's doctor is evil, so obviously they want the baby for something else and the doctor was in on it. does that make sense?

3. if they were just trying to help, why wouldnt they just say so instead of freaking syd out and making her believe that they were harming the baby or something?
did she really think syd was going to believe that she could foresee the complications with the baby or something?

what i mean is that when irina told her it was all to protect the baby, she might as well have just told syd the truth cuz that's not a good lie. it's easy for anyone--not just the viewers-- to see that there's something else going on b/c of the previously mentioned reasons.

maybe she is trying to protect sydney, in fact she probably is, but why would she be so stupid to think that syd is gonna believe she was only trying to help the baby when...
did she really think syd was going to believe that she could foresee the complications with the baby or something?

what i mean is that when irina told her it was all to protect the baby, she might as well have just told syd the truth cuz that's not a good lie. it's easy for anyone--not just the viewers-- to see that there's something else going on b/c of the previously mentioned reasons.

Irina has always tried to protect Sydney no matter the costs to her or anyone else who stands in the way. Maybe Irina did want the baby? I can only think that if she did want the baby it was to protect Sydney in the long run. Could it have also been to get something in order to cure Nadia? Remember Irina knows that Nadia was infected with the virus from last season. She told Syd "take care of your sister, and when you get married you may not see me, yet I will see you" Irina has always made it a point to be with Sydney during a crisis within the past few years, maybe she waited until she was older to fully understand what Irina may have done in order to protect her in the long run. No matter the case, I do hope that Irina can make her peace with both Jack and Sydney, I also hope the prophecy of the chosen one and the passenger does not become reality, I would hate to see Nadia dead. Any thoughts??

Back