Horror The Bay (2012)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: The Bay

Tagline: Panic feeds on fear.

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Barry Levinson

Cast: Kristen Connolly, Will Rogers, Michael Beasley, Christopher Denham, Kenny Alfonso, Kether Donohue, Anthony Reynolds, Frank Deal, Kimberly Campbell, Lamya Jezek, Lucia Scarano, Nansi Aluka, Stephen Kunken, Beckett Clayton-Luce, Dave Hager, Tara Polhemus, Stacy Rabon, Justin Welborn, Jack Landry, Robert C. Treveiler, Brandon Hanson, Heidi Lawson, Jody Thompson, Andy Stahl, Zoe Clarke, Wyatt Hays, Brandon O'Dell, John Harrington Bland, James Patrick Freetly, Alisa Harris, Truman Brothers, Tim Parati, Bridget Gethins, Sue Plassmann, Tim Ross, Jane McNeill, Anthony Reynolds, Zach Hanner, Rasool J'Han, Troy Rudeseal

Release: 2012-09-13

Runtime: 84

Plot: Two million fish washed ashore. One thousand blackbirds dropped from the sky. On July 4, 2009 a deadly menace swept through the quaint seaside town of Claridge, Maryland, but the harrowing story of what happened that Independence Day has never been told—until now. The authorities believed they had buried the truth about the tragedy that claimed over 700 human lives. Now, three years later, a reporter has emerged with footage revealing the cover-up and an unimaginable killer: a mysterious parasitic outbreak. Told from the perspective of those who were there and saw what happened, The Bay unfolds over 24 hours through people's iPhones, Androids, 911 calls, webcams, and whatever else could be used to document the nightmare in Claridge. What follows is a nerve-shredding tale of a small town plunged into absolute terror.
The Bay (2012)

This is one of the few found footage films I actually like, probably because the footage is not amature shot. This film give the sense that something really did happen in that town. It plays on the fears of contamination and infectious violence.

While it doesn't win consideration for its production values from me it does garner a higher than normal rating for the depicted carnage. I rate it 3.5 of 5 stars on the content alone.

If you haven't seen it because its a found footage film I suggest you give it a shot.

Its completely watchable.