The Beer (and Wine) Thread

Diem

Cadet
So. I guess we'll start with, if you drink beer, what's your favorite kind?

I have a few...Mainly I like dark beers, stouts or porters to be exact.

Guiness - My Absolut Favorite
Boddington - Next in Line
Lancaster Stout
Carlsberg
Sam Smith
Sam Adams
Corona when it's really hot in the summer
Miller Lite when I don't want something heavy.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Apr 21 2006, 02:10 PM
You guys are gross.

Yuck.
That coming for the young lady that posted an 80's white rapper video. /tackle

Sam Adams is a wonderful beer with a full flavor when compared to Mill/Bud...etc.

Yet it's not as rich as some darker beers, which makes it a nice "in between" drink.

There are also 28? flavors of it. I still prefer the standard.

Fine, when (if?) we ever go drinking together, I'll give you all of mine.

*grin*

I don't like to drink, it hurts my stomach. And doesn't taste good.. And you wake up with hangovers. And you don't remember the night before, but you know it was really really bad, and you hope nobody else remembers either. Okay that last part only kinda happened, I do remember puking on my friends floor, but I don't remember slamming my head on her trashcan and breaking it.

So that was the first time I ever got drunk. Oh except I didn't get a hangover, because some idiot who didn't know what she was talking about convinced everyone that I had alcohol poisoning, so they got my mom (I was 17 >< ) and she called an ambulance, and they put me on an IV at the hospital. So no hangover.

Oh and my ex-boyfriend at the time (who is currently my boyfriend) had climbed onto my friends roof, and I wanted him to sit with me, and he wouldn't, so I cried and cried.

I hate drinking.

Yea...that doesn't sound like a good experience at all...

I don't really enjoy getting that hammered. I mean, it can be fun at the time, but then the next day is just hell...

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Apr 21 2006, 02:18 PM
Fine, when (if?) we ever go drinking together, I'll give you all of mine.

*grin*

I don't like to drink, it hurts my stomach. And doesn't taste good.. And you wake up with hangovers. And you don't remember the night before, but you know it was really really bad, and you hope nobody else remembers either. Okay that last part only kinda happened, I do remember puking on my friends floor, but I don't remember slamming my head on her trashcan and breaking it.

So that was the first time I ever got drunk. Oh except I didn't get a hangover, because some idiot who didn't know what she was talking about convinced everyone that I had alcohol poisoning, so they got my mom (I was 17 >< ) and she called an ambulance, and they put me on an IV at the hospital. So no hangover.

Oh and my ex-boyfriend at the time (who is currently my boyfriend) had climbed onto my friends roof, and I wanted him to sit with me, and he wouldn't, so I cried and cried.

I hate drinking.
There's a line when a beer becomes something to enjoy and something to worry about.

Hangovers have never been a huge problem for me. A couple bottles of water before bed and I'm almost always ok. (Cept for the 2am bioBreaks)

Also, I'm 210lbs and 6ft tall. So I can handle beer well.

And I can honetly say this. I don't drink at home (or work). I do go out and enjoy myself on birthdays and such.

At Simucon on the other hand, I almost always have a nice cold Sam Adams. But I don't slam them... I enjoy them.

In the photos of me shown on this site, 2 of the 3, I am holding a Sam Adams. And yes, they were from Simucon/Vegascon. if my beer runs out, there's always someone there handing me another one.

And yes, I return the favor when they do such.

Hm, I think I've been drunk maybe four or five times.

The first was the worst, I was having a bad day and really didn't care. And was drinking bacardi gold, and took like 10 shots. I think..

The rest were much more under control. The first time I was blacking out for most of it.. The others I didn't at all.

Still though, it just doesn't really feel good enough for me to want to do it all the time.. Most people I know my age drink a l o t. I on the other hand, would rather feed my caffiene addiction.

:smiley:

At least I quit smoking. One addiction down, ten thousand and sixty-two to go.

Oh, and I know I've said this before... I'm a former sailor for the U.S. Navy.

So I learned to handle my beer from people all over the world... from Austria to Panama. (And Italy, Sicily, France, Greece, Crete, Turkey, Puerto Rico, Cuba and anywhere else in between that I've been.)

gotta respect my fellow beer drinkers, but SAM ADAMS... WTF. i think most peopel would rather have a mouthful of dirt than a sam adams. i think it ranks up there with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in the worst Beer/Ale?Lager, etc Category.

i brew my own beer. so im kinda jaded anyhow. got a brewing kit for christmas, and if you are patient, i highly reccommend. it doesn't take long to get the system down. But i do stress not to use water bottles to bottle your beer in. they explode and leave a horrible stench and mess. anything that has held carbonation in it will suffice. i make a wonderful ginger/honey beer. MUY DELICIOSO!!!

KickinBama

mmm .. Beer.

My list:
1. Shiner Bock
2. Murphy's / Killians Irish Red.
3. HefeWeizen
4. Sam Adams
5. Guinness
6. Pilsner Urquell

I mainly prefer amber ales. Guinness is a little too nutty for me in large doses, but a glass here and there is good.

I'm from Portland, Oregon, and we tend to be beer snobs!

1. Widmer Hefeweizen
2. Guinness Stout
3. McMenamin's "Rubinator" (Terminator Stout + Ruby)
4. Boddington's Pub Draught

The first time I went to drink outside of the Northwest, I was shocked at...how should I put it...the lack of good beer.

Recently I had a friend move back to Georgia after spending five years here in Portland, and hearing his pitiful cries for good beer made me thankful for Widmer and the other fine breweries here in Oregon!

I also enjoy scotch and Maker's Mark Whisky.

Frozz

Beer has too many carbs. I don't find beer guts attractive on myself, so I drink water and gatorade. Sometimes soda.

Originally posted by Kickinbama@Apr 21 2006, 04:40 PM
gotta respect my fellow beer drinkers, but SAM ADAMS... WTF. i think most peopel would rather have a mouthful of dirt than a sam adams. i think it ranks up there with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in the worst Beer/Ale?Lager, etc Category.

i brew my own beer. so im kinda jaded anyhow. got a brewing kit for christmas, and if you are patient, i highly reccommend. it doesn't take long to get the system down. But i do stress not to use water bottles to bottle your beer in. they explode and leave a horrible stench and mess. anything that has held carbonation in it will suffice. i make a wonderful ginger/honey beer. MUY DELICIOSO!!!

KickinBama
Heretic!

id rather burn at the stake then drink sam adams.... so string me up and please pile faggets around my feet and set them on fire. lol

KickinBama

Simple Hangover cure:

for those that do not know how to drink....

1 32 oz gatorade
1 packet of Goodys headache powder
1 banana

that rehydrates you, gets rid of the headache, and gives you natural, needed energy. and bananas are easy to keep down if you are nauseated.

thats about all you need. when i was in college, admittedly, i drank way to much. but i did experiment the day after drinking with all kinds of hangover rememdies.

if you drink way too much... whoever posted this earlier is right on. drink 2-3 glasses of water before you go to bed, it could make a difference between a good day and a horrible day.

Hmmm, I never really had a favorite beer....but I'll name a few that I enjoyed the most.

Guinness
Corona
Sam Adams
and Samichlaus, I only had it once. But I liked it :smiley:

I wasnt really a beer man...I mostly drank liquor, whiskey, vodka, etc.

Now, I don't drink anymore.

Re: The Beer Thread

Paulaner Hefeweizen (w/ lemon)
Guinness
Black & Tan (Half & Half) Harp/Guinness or Bass/Guinness
Pyramid Apricot Ale
Any good Oatmeal Stout
Fat Tire
Corona

Back