The Beer (and Wine) Thread

I thought that too but when I had some of the caramel Bailey's while in Australia a few months ago.. it was extremely satisfying, not too sugary at all, just right and smooth enough to blend with anything. Now I am more skeptical of the mint flavoured one..

Yeah I'm not a big fan of mint anyway, but I did break down and buy that big bottle of Bailey's. Now I'm in the process of drinking it. :smiley:

Is the caramel any good? I was thinking about getting one of those tiny bottles and giving it a taste test. I don't know, it almost sounds too sweet. Caramel is pretty yummy usually, so I guess I'll just have to find out.
Yeah, I think it actually makes for a nicer drink when you're drinking it straight on the rocks, like I was last night. It's a very subtle flavouring. Not super sweet at all... although who knows if the 'mix' will change between countries? Its well documented that many people come to Australia and think some of our foods are bland because they dont have the same levels of salt, etc, even though they taste perfectly salty to us.

It's just because our food here is loaded with sodium.

I've been thinking about not eating packaged foods at all and making everything from scratch. At least that way I know what's going into me.

There is a real industry growing up around organic, however, which I am a bit dubious about. It kind of reeks as a money making scam when you see the prices of some common items.

Of course, the other solution is to move to Australia... oh look, you are :D

So there are some advantages to being older after all...

... of course, if you lived in just about any other country on earth, the drinking age is 18 ;)

Damn. I'm moving. Actually tho, I've awlways wanted to go live somewhere else for a year or two after moving out. I'm doing student exchange in the summer when I'm sixteen (1.5 years). Which reminds mwah, I get to learn to drive as a freshman.

Its actually 18, 16 in France if thats what you were trying to refer to (although the French dont really care, 12? go ahead). The only difference is that in Europe they arnt stupid enough to jump in a car afterwards!

Its actually 18, 16 in France if thats what you were trying to refer to (although the French dont really care, 12? go ahead). The only difference is that in Europe they arnt stupid enough to jump in a car afterwards!
No, you will find that, as I said, if you're eating a meal in a restaurant in the UK, the age is 16. That is a stone cold fact. I'm not saying you can go to a pub and piss on for hours at 16... but you can have alcohol with a meal at a restaurent at 16. It's an honest-to-god law there.

I believe it's 18 in Canada too, but I'm not entirely sure of that.

I do remember in 10th grade we had some visitors from Canada, but I think it backfired because all they did was talk to the "cool kids" about how they get to smoke pot. Even the adults.

Back