The Beer (and Wine) Thread

I definitely makes you dumb(er) though. Although the effects are reversible if you stop smoking it.

Been following too many Federal propoganda programmes, eh? The Dutch focus just fine. Fluoride and aspartame have more frightening side effects than pot, and those two chemicals seem to be in everything in the US last I saw.

But I digress! On the topic; ze husband made friends with a Roumanian hieress in Amsterdam a while back and she is considering exporing Roumanian wines, as they're difficult to acquire outside Roumania. Let it be said: Roumanian wine is GORGEOUS. Seriously. It's a crime it's impossible to get. He brought over a bottle and it was beautiful stuff. We're trying to help her network to start getting the stuff sold outside her home country.

I'm a bit peeved that the Guinness Draught bottles only come in a 11.2 oz size. I feel really deprived of that last .8 oz. I am staring at an empty bottle, with an interesting little rocket widget inside, contemplating breaking the bottle for a better look. Instead, I think I will opt for a 2nd bottle, just to get my .8 oz which I was robbed of. Rat bastard tiny bottle makers!

Why don't you just take five 8 oz. bottles and pour them in a 40 oz. bottle so that you feel you got your money's worth? ;)

The Martini:

I love to drink Martinis,
Two at the very most
After three I'm under the table,
After four I'm under my host.
-Dorothy Parker.

"I must get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini." - Mae West ?

"The elixir of quietude" - E.B. White

"The only American invention as perfect as a sonnet." - H.L. Mencken

"The supreme American gift to world culture." - Bernard DeVoto

"A man must defend his home, his wife, his children and his Martini." - Jackie Gleason

I never had Guinness in the can before tonight, about finished one and I heard a rattle in it and was a bit disturbed. There was a thumb in my beer!! Wait no, a ping pong ball. What the hell? Then I actually read the can and there's this blather about a stay fresh ball in there.
Just a heads up.

It is the Guinness widget.

Than cans are made for pouring and the new bottles with the widgets are made for drinking straight.

I prefer it poured from the keg myself but Guinness in a can is better than anything else :smiley:

I saw it and picked up a 4 pack. I'm a tap guy as well but they jacked the price up to 4.50 a 22 ouncer. Tho' 7.50 for 4, figured I'd get more buzz for my buck.

I never had Guinness in the can before tonight, about finished one and I heard a rattle in it and was a bit disturbed. There was a thumb in my beer!! Wait no, a ping pong ball. What the hell? Then I actually read the can and there's this blather about a stay fresh ball in there.
Just a heads up.

*blink*

Weird.

Back