The Best Ones

That was great ... aww poor Syd soo worried about Vaughn ... aww love Irina Jack and Nadia such a good family ... does this mean Jack approves now ??? ... love how he showed up c***y as ever ... so the secreast out ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Aww poor Vaughn he got shot but yah that he is ok. The whole office knows that they are together but they would have found out eventually when they came back as newlyweds. Great update thanks for the PM and can't wait for more.

Ok so great update!! I total read it earlier but I had to go for a run to clear my head then I went and watched alias at a friends house! and then the hair cut and now I'm here!! thanks for the pm!! I'm so glad vaughn is ok!!!
SYD

I wonder why the CIA couldn't find him when they first looked? However, it's obvious he did hear her answer to his proposal before he lost contact.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

I'm glad Sydney felt guilty. She deserved to feel guilty.
Jack was very understanding.
They must have found Vaughn right after Jack took Sydney home.
He did hear her accept his proposal. teehee.
I'm glad he's back in Sydney's arms.
She would have been useless in the office for weeks if he hadn't been found.

Chapter 34
“Well that was quite a show.” Eric grinned as he walked up to the kissing couple.

“Thanks.” They smiled together.

“Anyway I just wanted to say that I’m really, really sorry for misdirecting you Mike. I suck,” Eric said sadly.

“You don’t suck. You just need to get one of those little directional arrows that clearly points out the difference between east and west.” Vaughn smiled.

“Right.” Eric rolled his eyes. “Well sorry again and congratulations on the engagement.”

“Thanks Eric.” Sydney smiled.

Then, Alicia came up to them. “Oh you guys are so cute!” She said, almost tearing up. “You guys are going to get married and have little spying babies.”

“Not for a while.” Sydney laughed.

“Sydney, Vaughn, may I have a moment?!” Jack asked. Sydney and Vaughn exchanged cautious glances before following Jack into his office where he looked at them sternly.

“So... I, um, I guess you heard that.” Sydney began nervously.

“I did. When Agent Vaughn came to me a few days ago to ask my permission I must admit I was a little surprised but .... now I see that this is what’s best for you Sydney. Congratulations to you both.” Jack said.

“Wow... uh, thanks Dad.” Sydney said in surprised as she hugged her father briefly.

“You’re welcome sweetheart. Why don’t you take the rest of the day off and take Vaughn home.” He smiled.

“Okay...” She said in an uncertain tone. “Thanks...” Then she and Vaughn walked out of his office. “He’s possessed!” She exclaimed once they were a safe distance away.

Vaughn laughed. “You think?”

“Yes! He’s never.... wait a second, you asked his permission?!” Sydney asked with a large smile.

“Well... yeah, I mean a few months ago he found me completely unworthy so I figured if I didn’t ask permission he’d like kill me or something.” Vaughn smiled.

“You are so adorable.” She giggled.

“Thanks.”

“So what did my Dad say?” Sydney asked.

“Well...” Vaughn began.

“Jack, could I speak with you for a moment?” Vaughn asked nervously as he poked his head inside Jack’s office.

“What is it?” Jack asked in a rather impatient tone.

“Well I um, I wanted to talk to you about.... you see, sir, I....”

“Agent Vaughn!” Jack interrupted.

“Yes sorry.” He sputtered. “I, I’d like to ask Sydney to marry me.”

Jack exhaled heavily and looked down at papers he was shuffling absent mindedly on his desk. “And I suppose you were looking for my approval?”

“Well sir, I...” Vaughn began but Jack interrupted.

“Agent Vaughn when you first came into this office you were an arrogant, c***y child who needed a good ass kicking which thankfully my daughter was able to give you. You were barely worthy of working in this office let alone worthy of my daughter’s love. That would have been laughable.” Jack paused. Vaughn stood still, looking Jack in the eye and taking the verbal beating as best he could.

“But I must admit that in the past few months especially you have matured. While once I would have thought having you as part of my family would have been an insult despite your father’s obvious credentials..... I now respect you as an agent and as someone who loves my daughter very much. If you feel that you can make her happy for the rest of her life then... I suppose you have my permission to marry her.” Jack said.

“Thank you sir.” Vaughn smiled as he extended his hand to shake Jack’s. Jack eyed it briefly before shaking Vaughn’s hand roughly.

“If you even think about calling me dad I’ll kill you.” Jack added.

Sydney was laughing hysterically and could barely see well enough to drive by the time Vaughn finished telling her.

“I’m glad you find it funny,” Vaughn said dully.

“I’m sorry.” She snorted. “It’s just... I’m remembering when I kicked your ass.”

“Great, just great.” He muttered.

“Ohh, I’m sorry.” She sighed. “But as long as you’re telling stories – where the hell have you been?!”

“Oh.” He laughed. “It’s a funny story actually.”

“I’m sure its hysterical,” she said in a dull tone.

“Well, after I was shot I crawled out of the building and got lost in the woods on the way to my extraction point.” Vaughn said.

“Why didn’t you just stay put?”

“Well I was afraid there were more guards who would come and finish me off.” He said.

“Ohh ok, so how is that funny?”

“Well, it’s not really...”

“Of course it’s not.” She snapped as she wiped her car into a parking spot in her apartment’s complex. “I was really worried Vaughn! I thought you... you...” Her voice cracked.

“Hey, Syd, it’s ok.” He said soothingly as he got out of the car and walked around to her side where he opened the door and pulled her out into a hug. “It’s ok.” He repeated as he rubbed her back with his free arm. “I’m ok.”

“I know but... I thought... and we had just fought.” She sniffed.

“We always fight.” He laughed slightly.

“Yeah.” She sniffed, her voice sounding lighter. “But... I just I didn’t want you to think I didn’t love you because I do love you.”

“I know that and I love you.” Vaughn said. “And we’re getting married.” He smiled.

She giggled softly. “Yeah.”

“So how bout we go upstairs and I’ll give you your ring to make it all official and-”

“You bought me a ring?!” She grinned.

“Of course Bristow. I don’t want any young punk thinking your single now do I?” He smiled.

She laughed. “I guess not.”

“Nope, come on.” Vaughn smiled as he took her hand and pulled her up the stairs to their apartment. Once inside he went back to the bedroom and returned with the tiny ring box which he opened and showed her.

“Vaughn it’s gorgeous.” She sighed as she held out her hand for him to put the ring on.

“Just like you.” He smiled.

“Is that so?” She said as she leaned in and kissed him sweetly.

“Yep. So as I was saying after we got your ring I figured we could...”

“Celebrate?” She offered with a smile.

“Excuse me I’m injured! I was hoping you could take care of me.”

“Oh I’ll take care of you alright.” She said in a mocking tone.

“Good because its your job.” He said.

“Is it?” She raised an eyebrow.

He smiled. “Yep just like it’s my job to take care of you for the rest of your life.”

-fin-

thanks for reading everyone!! I hope you all enjoyed this story. it was definitely fun to right- love the comedy ;)
thanks to the betas: Katy, Louise, Cathy, Amy :hug:
as always - new story tomorrow.... i think i might go for some angst this time :Ponder: still not sure yet i've got a few

PM LIST
aliasfreak8903
wiseman
tunita
batman
fieldstation
Aliasfan23
74Aliaschickita47
jb288
aliasobsessed89
aliasdancer007
spy_girl21
gucci_94
aprilsfool6
ams4alias
Nancy O
Mountaineer4746
maddy28
cupcake55
SydVaughn1001
Wild_Child
seona
sabbiee_co
secret_agent_angel
LifesMystery
bellasbaby
helpleessromantic
syd26
Silvinha
twinkley_angel
mbellsdiva
hannahb
Alwazabrat
Bamse
buckeyealum2000
SydneyVaughn47
Nicky_Bristow
SpyChic16
jadeygirl
Phoenixwannabe
Addicted 2 Alias
SydAPO05
alias_luver
undercover_spy
ALiAs*syd&vaughn*
sydney_alias_vaughn
KAliasGirl
BrownEyedGirl
Action!Vaughn
sparklingrainbow
KAC
freelancer79
ballerina
SYD96
Angel
texasalias2004
vaughnsgurl4lf
catfishally
Nadia Weiss
vaughnshoney
loane
Lovygirl
smartgirl2004
ASIOagent
superspy
Lor_Aliasfan47
Monstica
ubielecki
SpygirlAmy
i love vaughny
aliasfan212
frangipani
emotionalrescue
mountaineer_girl
ChrisM
meghanlyn85
PoketRockets11
Sarahmañana
littleangel
kalias
stealthy
Prediction 47
imlost2
xxaliasluverxx
invisible
MontrealRocks
Thumper
ashqua
sydneymicheal
akaJB
mightylittleone
Carol_Br47
PointguysGirl
Alias Fan Gillian
anji_alias
leelow13
Sydney_Starbuck
secretfriend220
Catpin
luckylass
gregstar
SuperDuck123
aliasrocks515
ohiochic2010
LittleNicky
milkywayk018
sarkattack
aussie_chic
mountaineer83186
Syd_ Vaughn
sydofthesea
blknight
Lost soul
sydneyv22
Queen of hearts
alias_chick_47
aliasisthebest
Garner_Chick6
[/quote]

YAY i was first,
oooo i love being first
but you probley already know that
awww that was the sweetest thing
i loved the ending and the whole fic
can you wirte a sequel
pls :flowers: :angelic:
i loved how at the begining of this they hated each other
that was the funnest thing i ever red
sigh its over i dont want it to be over

hahaha that was really long and i am babbling very badly
but i was really trying to say is that this is the best
and you really should win heaps of these :eek:scar: :eek:scar: :eek:scar: :eek:scar: :eek:scar:

awww.... they will be so cute together
and just to let you know your story was once again amazing and you are an fabulous writter and you always amaze me with all of your dedication, skills, and just amazing ability!!!! i thank you for all of your works!!!!

Back