The Best Ones

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Ok, so here's the thing. My master PM list has gotten ridiculous. Seriously its nuts. It's over 200 people long and clearly 200 people dont read my fics. So, i need to start a new one. In order to do this i, obviously, need to know who is gong to be on it. So here are the requirements PLEASE READ:
1. if you reply to this story, you will be put on the PM list
2. if you do not reply to this story, either because you dont want to read it or you're too busy to read it - whatever i dont care - but you do want to be on the list. PLEASE, pm me.

>>>>>IF YOU DO NOT DO EITHER OF THESE TWO THINGS YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE PM's FROM ME FOR NEW STORIES!!!!!!!<<<<<

ok on to the fic:
Title: The Best Ones
Genre: S/V, AU, humor, little angst, mostly fluffy
**NOTE: This is the companion to B&F HOWEVER if you did not read B&F because you did not like j/i you can still read. I'd say its 98% independed. It should be quite clear what happened but a tiny little summary just incase:
Jack found out Irina was KGB, she turned herself into the CIA, she was pregnant, Jack hated her, but wanted the baby, brought her home, ended up falling back in love with her, saved her from life in prison and he, Sydney, Nadia and Irina lived happily ever after as an adorable spy family. Pretty much sums it up

Summary: Sydney and Vaughn are new recuits at the CIA who hate each other. Vaughn's an ass and he irritates Sydney to no end, but they have to work together.

The Best Ones

Chapter 1
Sydney Bristow nervously leafed through her closet, trying to find the perfect outfit for that day. It needed to be perfect – sophisticated yet cool, comfortable and corporate. That day was to be her first as a full field agent of the CIA, having completed her training only a week earlier. The most important impression she had to make was that she was her own person no matter what her last name was.

That was perhaps the only downside to working in the office where her father was the director. Every where she went people would say “oh you’re Jack Bristow’s daughter” or “I know your father, he’s a good man”. It wasn’t that she hated comments like that, she didn’t mind them exactly. She was proud of her family. But, she wanted to be known as ‘Sydney Bristow’ and not ‘Jack Bristow’s Daughter’.

Finally, she picked out a navy blue pants suit with a white tank underneath. After grabbing her black boots from under her bed, she grabbed her purse and headed out the door. The whole drive to the JTF center, Sydney drummed her hands on the steering wheel to the beat of the radio, trying to drown out her nerves with music on LA’s KISS FM.

She pulled her car into the parking lot after showing her ID and caught a glimpse of a friend of hers from agent training making her way towards the front door. “Alicia!” Sydney called after her.

“Hey Sydney.” Alicia smiled. “You ready?”

“Oh yeah.” Sydney grinned. “You?”

“Definitely.” Alicia smiled back. The two women walked into the JTF together and made their way back to the meeting room they were directed to. “Ugh.” Alicia whispered the moment she caught a glimpse of who was already in the room. “Those two ***holes.”

“Oh god.” Sydney groaned as she saw them as well. “They were the worst during training!”

“I know I was about one more sexist comment away from shooting their nuts off.” Alicia said.

Sydney tried to quiet her laugher but ended up snorting rather loudly. “Yes.”

“Good morning ladies, what’s so funny?” The one man asked. He was a few inches shorted than the other as well as more than a few inches wider.

“Nothing.” They said in unison. The two men exchanged glances.

“Alright let’s get started. As you all know I’m Director Bristow and this is Deputy Director Kendall. You four are the best agents out of training in years so let’s keep it that way. Agent Vaughn you will be partnering with Agent Weiss and Agent Bennet will be partnering with Agent Bristow. Now, you’re desks are right outside this office and they are already piled with papers so I suggest you get to work. Dismissed,” Jack said.

“Thank god we don’t have to partner with them.” Alicia whispered to Sydney who nodded in agreement. As they were leaving Vaughn walked past them and pushed a chair in front of Sydney’s path, almost causing her to fall.

“Excuse you,” Sydney said harshly. Vaughn just looked at her and kept walking. Sydney’s eyes narrowed at him but she continued on her way until he almost shut the conference room door in her face. “HEY!” She protested.

“Jeez it’s just a door; don’t get your panties in a twist.” He smirked.

Sydney grunted angrily at him and muttered a less than flattering phrase as she made her way to her desk. “I hate that guy Vaughn.”

“I know.” Alicia sighed. “Wasn’t he the one who ‘accidentally’ knocked you out during training?”

“Yes.” She grunted. “I think I have a permanent dent in the back of my skull thanks to him.”

“Yeah but that’s not as bad as the burn mark on his ass from you.” Alicia laughed.

Sydney laughed as well. “Well it was his thigh but yeah, that was one of my prouder moments.”

“Well, I guess we should get to work.” Alicia sighed as she looked at the papers on her desk.

“Yeah...”

~*~

After spending three hours reading boring intelligence reports Sydney was practically asleep and in desperate need of a cup of coffee. She made her way to the break room, yawning frequently on the way there, when she unfortunately ran into Vaughn who was caring an open can of Coke which spilled all down the front of her. “Just great.” She muttered.

“Oh god I’m so sorry!” Vaughn cringed. “Here let me help yo-”

“Agent Vaughn.” Sydney cut him off as he began to reach towards her chest with a napkin. “If you even think about touching me there, you’ll be dead before you even realize what happened.”

“Sorry.” He mumbled again as he slipped past her and returned to his desk.

Sydney grumbled as she made her way to the ladies room, her coffee forgotten since she was sufficiently awakened by the cold, sticky soda clinging to her shirt. Once she had gotten herself reasonably cleaned up save the giant brown stain now marring her white tank top, Sydney made her way back to her desk. As she passed the desks of Agents Vaughn and Weiss, she heard them snickering and she shot them a death glare.

“What happened to you?!” Alicia exclaimed.

“I had a run in with Agent ***hole.” Sydney told her.

“Oh no.” Alicia sighed sympathetically.

~*~

“Sydney I was wondering if- what happened?!” Jack asked as he looked down at his daughter’s stained shirt.

“Some idiot spilled Coke on me.” She said as she folded her arms over her chest.

“Oh.... sorry.” He said.

“It’s ok. What were you saying?”

“Oh, I just wanted to check and see if you were still coming over for dinner tonight.” Jack asked.

“Yeah I’ll be there as soon as I go home and uh, change my shirt.”

“Right, of course. I’ll let your mother know then.”

“Thanks Dad.” Sydney smiled as he walked off.

“Soooo he’s really your dad, huh?” A familiar voice asked from behind her.

“Go away Vaughn. Haven’t you annoyed me enough today?” She asked exasperatedly, gesturing towards her shirt.

“I said I was sorry. But as I was saying, I don’t think I could take it if my father was the director. It would just be too... weird.” He shuddered. “But, hey, if you think you can handle it...” He said as he walked away.

“Handle it?!” Sydney scoffed. “I can handle anything.” She said proudly.

“Whatever you say princess.” Vaughn said with a patronizing smile.

~*~

“UGH! That man is without a doubt the biggest ***hole on the planet. I’m.going.to.kill.him.” Sydney grunted as she slammed the front door to her parent’s home.

Irina looked at her fuming, disheveled daughter from her position in the kitchen. “Did you have a nice first day, dear?”

“Clearly.” Nadia laughed as she came to see what the yelling was about.

“Ugh!” Sydney grunted as she violently took off her suit jacket and tossed it on the couch with her purse.

“What the hell happened to you?” Nadia laughed as she pointed at her sister’s stained shirt.

“Nadia don’t say hell.” Irina chastised.

“Sydney said ***hole.” Nadia retorted.

“What are you twelve?!” Sydney glared.

“I’m fifteen,” Nadia said proudly.

“Whatever.” Sydney rolled her eyes.

“Sydney, what happened to your shirt?” Her mother asked.

“This guy,” Sydney began with a tone of disgust. “He’s such a jerk to me... and everyone. He ran into me with a can of Coke...”

“Ah.” Irina nodded.

“Is he cute?” Nadia asked.

“Nadia, he’s twenty four,” Sydney said. “It would be illegal for you to date him.”

“I’m not asking for me. I’m asking for you.” Nadia told her.

“Hello?! What part of ‘I want to kill him’ did you fail to understand?!” Sydney asked.

Nadia shrugged. “Just because he’s a jerk doesn’t mean he can’t be cute.”

“Well... he’s all right looking.” Sydney admitted quietly.

“What’s his name?” Nadia asked.

“Vaughn.” Sydney said through gritted teeth.

“Bill Vaughn’s son?” Irina asked.

“I think,” Sydney said.

“Isn’t he the one who knocked you out?” Nadia asked.

“That’s him.”

“Nice.” Nadia laughed.

“Well trust me he’d have more than just a concussion if I got my hands on him.” Sydney said menacingly.

“Sydney...” Her mother warned.

“I’m serious!” Sydney said. “Plus, he totally deserves whatever is coming to him.”

Hehe.. Great start. They really hate each other. Can't wait to see where this goes from here.

I definately want to remain on your master PM list. I love all your stories. Can't wait for more of this one.

Thanks for the PM

oh i like this story alot! i don't read alot of stories where vaughn's a jerk, so it's kind of refreshing. and yes, i would like a pm. thanks!

LOVE IT :D :D :D

Yay i can't wait for this one! ;)

And of course, i want to be on the pm list for this and ur master ;)

Love EVERYTHING you write :smiley:

Aly xx :angelnot:

i like this already. it's great like all of your other fics. i'm sorry i haven't reviewed in a while. i will try to be better. it's just that i have been really busy with starting college.

can i please have a PM?

this was hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , i love it :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: ,

and of course i want to be in this pm list and the master pm list ( sometimes i don´t review because i have a lot going on in college sorry (n) (n)but from now on i´m going to try to review more , every chance i get i will review )

thanks 4 the pm :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,

Nanda

Okay, I so love this fic!!!

Please, please, please keep me on the Pm list for this and all other SkyGirl fics.

Ps: Has Irina already killed Vaughn's father in this fic??

Back