The Best Ones

Yes, a Happy Ending.... Just they way that it should be for those 2... Syd/Vaughn all the way!!! I love the way he asked Jack for permission and Jack stated:

"If you call me dad, I will kick your ass"

Love it when Jack plays the tough guy... Great story, thanks for writing it, cant wait for the next one

yYay...loved this story. I'll miss it. I'm looking forward to whatever you post next.

This 2 pt. series was a nice change. I thoroughly enjoyed the j/i at the beginning and then how you went back and did the s/v that somewhat paralleled the ending of that one. Very creative and cool. So proud.

Chapter 34
“Well that was quite a show.” Eric grinned as he walked up to the kissing couple.

“Thanks.” They smiled together.

“Anyway I just wanted to say that I’m really, really sorry for misdirecting you Mike. I suck,” Eric said sadly.

“You don’t suck. You just need to get one of those little directional arrows that clearly points out the difference between east and west.” Vaughn smiled.

“Right.” Eric rolled his eyes. “Well sorry again and congratulations on the engagement.”

“Thanks Eric.” Sydney smiled.

Then, Alicia came up to them. “Oh you guys are so cute!” She said, almost tearing up. “You guys are going to get married and have little spying babies.”

“Not for a while.” Sydney laughed.

“Sydney, Vaughn, may I have a moment?!” Jack asked. Sydney and Vaughn exchanged cautious glances before following Jack into his office where he looked at them sternly.

“So... I, um, I guess you heard that.” Sydney began nervously.

“I did. When Agent Vaughn came to me a few days ago to ask my permission I must admit I was a little surprised but .... now I see that this is what’s best for you Sydney. Congratulations to you both.” Jack said.

“Wow... uh, thanks Dad.” Sydney said in surprised as she hugged her father briefly.

“You’re welcome sweetheart. Why don’t you take the rest of the day off and take Vaughn home.” He smiled.

“Okay...” She said in an uncertain tone. “Thanks...” Then she and Vaughn walked out of his office. “He’s possessed!” She exclaimed once they were a safe distance away.

Vaughn laughed. “You think?”

“Yes! He’s never.... wait a second, you asked his permission?!” Sydney asked with a large smile.

“Well... yeah, I mean a few months ago he found me completely unworthy so I figured if I didn’t ask permission he’d like kill me or something.” Vaughn smiled.

“You are so adorable.” She giggled.

“Thanks.”

“So what did my Dad say?” Sydney asked.

“Well...” Vaughn began.
“Jack, could I speak with you for a moment?” Vaughn asked nervously as he poked his head inside Jack’s office.

“What is it?” Jack asked in a rather impatient tone.

“Well I um, I wanted to talk to you about.... you see, sir, I....”

“Agent Vaughn!” Jack interrupted.

“Yes sorry.” He sputtered. “I, I’d like to ask Sydney to marry me.”

Jack exhaled heavily and looked down at papers he was shuffling absent mindedly on his desk. “And I suppose you were looking for my approval?”

“Well sir, I...” Vaughn began but Jack interrupted.

“Agent Vaughn when you first came into this office you were an arrogant, c***y child who needed a good ass kicking which thankfully my daughter was able to give you. You were barely worthy of working in this office let alone worthy of my daughter’s love. That would have been laughable.” Jack paused. Vaughn stood still, looking Jack in the eye and taking the verbal beating as best he could.

“But I must admit that in the past few months especially you have matured. While once I would have thought having you as part of my family would have been an insult despite your father’s obvious credentials..... I now respect you as an agent and as someone who loves my daughter very much. If you feel that you can make her happy for the rest of her life then... I suppose you have my permission to marry her.” Jack said.

“Thank you sir.” Vaughn smiled as he extended his hand to shake Jack’s. Jack eyed it briefly before shaking Vaughn’s hand roughly.

“If you even think about calling me dad I’ll kill you.” Jack added.

Sydney was laughing hysterically and could barely see well enough to drive by the time Vaughn finished telling her.

Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!! fantastic , i absolutely LOVE this story :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: ,

thanks 4 all the pm´s ,

Nanda

ps: i can´t wait for your next story

Great job!! I loved this fic!! I'm so sad it's finished though.. Sorry I haven't been a good reviewer, I was very busy. I'll do better on your next fic. So please PM me for your next one!
Veronique

Awwwwww the end (n)
I loved this story! How 'bout that epilogue huh? Ok I'll shut up. -_-

Fantastic ending, that flashback was hysterical! :D

Janet,

great ending to a wonderful story. Looking forwards to your next one...I'm sure that which ever direction you'll go in the next one, it's going to be great. Make sure to Pm when you do post.

Have a great day!

:smiley:

CJ

AWWW
Its over
That makes me sad
but it is adorable
They are getting married
Im glad Michael asked for Jack's permission
I'm glad Michael is ok!!
I dont want an angst fic
How about a fluffy one this time?
Please?
Thanks for the PM
Thanks for sharing this with us!!!!

"When Agent Vaughn came to me a few days ago to ask my permission I must admit I was a little surprised but .... now I see that this is what’s best for you Sydney."
awww, he asked spydaddy.
that's adorable.

“Yep just like it’s my job to take care of you for the rest of your life.”
:2love:

it's over? (n)
i loved it!

Omg that was Hilarious!!!! Vaugh asking for permission.... classic

And the last but .... it made me tear up a bit... probally caz i'm sad this is it tooo!!!

Rea

Awwww, I can't believe this fic is over! This was one of the best fics you've written cause it was so funny in the beginning with Syd and Vaughn fighting and hating each other. ;) I love when that happens. Loved the ending and Jack's speech to Vaughn. :P This whole fic was awesome. :D Thanks so much for writing it and all the pm's!

Please not too much angst on the next story please. I would appreciate a nice happy story right now. One with Vaughn staying alive would be nice.
This was a great story. He really was a jerk in the beginning wasn't he?
Thanks for the PM

Back