Sci-Fi The Beyond (2018)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: The Beyond

Tagline: To find out place in the universe, we must venture beyond our boundaries.

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Hasraf Dulull

Cast: David Bailie, Jane Perry, Kosha Engler, Brian Deacon, Noeleen Comiskey, Amy Argyle, Melissa Graham, Bruce Chong, Nigel Barber, Tom Christian, Julian Graham, Georgina Blackledge, Nick Kokotakis, Alissa Juvan, Jessica Blake, Zack Schor, Louisa Hollway, Ezra Khan, Neil Percival, Wes Nike, Stuart Ashton, Karen Brace, Fiona McGee, Harriet Leah Preston, Alexander Clay, Alex Duong, Adam K. Batchelor, Aleksandr Uusmees, Zoe Cookie Levere, Peter McAllister, Jaedon Tan Yung-Ming, Alek Usemee, Roger Harding, Imran Yusuf, Cheah Wen Jin, Dare Emmanuel, Fahimah Hedar, Anderson Augustine, Jessica Riley

Release: 2018-01-09

Runtime: 92

Plot: Set in 2019, The Beyond chronicles the groundbreaking mission which sent astronauts - modified with advanced robotics, through a newly discovered wormhole known as the Void. When the mission returns unexpectedly, the space agency races to discover what the astronauts encountered on their first of its kind interstellar space journey.
The Beyond (2018)

Wow, I went into this thinking it was gunna be more of the same low budget pseudoscifi stuff we get so much of nowadays.
I must say I was greatly surprised at the level of science fiction this film brings to the screen.
At first I was put off by the documentary style of telling the story but as I watched it fascinated me more and more.
It not only made plausible scientific sense, it depicted aliens and their level of technology as truly alien and unknown which created a sense of awe that I haven't had in a very long time. The ramifications of the stuff depicted in this film sent my imagination soaring. From the transhumanist idea of Human 2.0 to depiction of the abilities of a Type 4 civilization.
If you even think you like science fiction give this film a shot.
Then, come back here and lets discuss the concepts and the imagination they unleash.
I put this film in the same level as 2001: A Space Odyssey , same but different.

Must See SciFi