The Big Fat Stargate Discussion

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Following on from here, this is dedicated to discussions about Stargate.

It's the season finale of S10 I believe. It was a great episode..

Also yeah I wish they would've kept going with both SG-1 and Atlantis. Especially Atlantis. SG-1 had a good run with their ten years but there was so much more to go with. It's the kind of genre where you can go on forever without actually having to rehash old content. In SG-1 and Atlantis combined they have only discovered and/or visited three galaxies. Out of millions upon millions of existing ones. Introducing a new race and/or history and enemies would not really be too much of a problem. I would assume that the viewers had started to dwindle quite a lot though. Only us hardcore Stargate fans remained. And sadly they don't account for all the viewers around the world that are outside of the US. Even though the shows are being broadcast on television in those countries.

All the characters really in SG-1 and Atlantis were really, really well made.

I agree. SG1 had a really good run, although I do think it could have continued on indefinitely, but Atlantis didn't get a chance to end. Leaving Atlantis stuck on earth just didn't work for me, and we didn't even get the loose ends tied up.

I loved the characters and how they grew so much over the four seasons. Rodney went from being that annoying scientist who showed up in SG1 occasionally to a really rich character. I loved the development they did with him. Some of the best episodes had him as a main lead character.

Agreed. McKay really did go a long way from what he was to what he became. Seeing him actually develop feelings for people as well as building up relationships with the team and everybody around it was fun. I love how they actually implemented his sister as well (she happens to be his sister in real life as well, which contributed to the dynamic between them on the show) and everything else.

I also loved how they implemented Mr Woolsey. I remember when he was first introduced in Stargate SG-1 and how much I hated his guts for the character. But him being added there really made him a loveable character as well.

I would've loved to have seen at least a sixth season with a proper end. Both to see what would eventually happen to the Atlantis expedition as well as tying up loose ends with the characters. They killed off too many of the enemies way too quickly in the end.

Back