The big general purpose anime topic

Eniko

Cadet
Well, I figured since it's already massively derailing one thread and there's quite a few people who seem to have something to say about it, I figured I'd make this thread.

I'll kick it off by saying Hellsing Ultimate OVA 4 will be out "soon" (or so I heard). I haven't seen the other three, but I'm going to soon because I'm tired of always being told how the old Hellsing anime's story is far inferior to the manga. Apparantly Ultimate is a lot more like the manga.

Aquarion is my favorite new anime. The talents of the creator and musical artist of Escaflowne are behind it. Awesome stuff. Somewhat reminiscent of Escaflowne in some respects, too.

Aquarion is my favorite new anime. The talents of the creator and musical artist of Escaflowne are behind it. Awesome stuff. Somewhat reminiscent of Escaflowne in some respects, too.
Aquarion? Never heard of that one, what is it about? O_o

Aquarion? Never heard of that one, what is it about? O_o

Aquarion is set in a post-apocalyptic Earth. The Shadow Angels (reminiscent of Eva here) frequently attack Earth and harvest humans. An organization exists that fights the Shadow Angels using the mecha Aquarion. Some of the main characters are reincarnations of heroes that fought against the Shadow Angels 12,000 years ago. These teens pilot three fighter-mecha that combine to form three variations of Aquarion, a humanoid mecha.

The mecha designs are gorgeous. The CG animation is perfectly meshed with the rest of it; it doesn't have that jarring tacked-on quality seen in anime like Vandred.

The character designs are great too. Very clever personalities.

There are a few mecha anime clichés (like the characters shouting their signature moves as they do them), but even that is enjoyable in its own right.

I've seen the first five episodes, and it's wonderful so far. I highly recommend getting it.

I suppose I should be a bit more specific about the anime I have liked..

Full Metal Panic!
Armitage: The Third
The Slayers
.hack
Noir
Azumanga Diaoh
Gunslinger Girl
Excel Saga
Wild Arms
Gokudo (in a weird way)
Ruin Explorers
Death Note
Inu Yasha (I know, most people have seen it)
Samurai Champloo
Outlaw Star(forget a good part of the story, though)
Cowboy Bebop(mainly remember Edward)

Manga I like:
Sailor Moon
Chobits
World of Warcraft
Suikoden 3
Ceres
Tsubasa
Confidential Confessions

As anime never dies, I figure I'll bring this thread back.

Recently caught up on/started/finished a few more animes/mangas.
Caught up on Bleach,
Finished Death Note.
Finished Gungrave
Finished FLCL
Started Samurai Champloo.

Only ones I am bothering with atm are bleach and naruto shippudden. I am too lazy to really find something new. Mecha is ok, but it usually gets to 'out there' for me. Remember the ending to evangelion? Both the american and japanese ones were screwed up.

I did here a few months ago they were working on another Mai Hime. Anyone heard more about this?

I started Evangelion, but I didn't finish it. I wish i did though.

Oh, and I started Trigun again, and I'm starting Cowboy Bebop again.

And, manga wise:
In middle of Bleach
Started Black Cat
Started Trigun
At a standstill at Death note 4
And a couple others.

Back