Drama The Blacklist

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: The Blacklist

Genre: Drama, Crime, Mystery

First aired: 2013-09-23

Creator: Jon Bokenkamp

Cast: James Spader, Diego Klattenhoff, Harry Lennix, Hisham Tawfiq, Amir Arison, Laura Sohn

Overview: Raymond "Red" Reddington, one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives, surrenders in person at FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. He claims that he and the FBI have the same interests: bringing down dangerous criminals and terrorists. In the last two decades, he's made a list of criminals and terrorists that matter the most but the FBI cannot find because it does not know they exist. Reddington calls this "The Blacklist". Reddington will co-operate, but insists that he will speak only to Elizabeth Keen, a rookie FBI profiler.
The Blacklist

Have we talked about The Blacklist with James Spader yet? I thought we were but can't find the thread tonight. :cautious:

The second season starts September 22 at 10PM Eastern after The Voice. If you haven't watched the first season yet, you should be. It's an interesting show but Spader is doing an amazing job portraying the lead character. If you like good dramas and characters that you can't decide whether you should be rooting for or hating, then watch The Blacklist. (y)

Here's the preview for S2.

Season 2 premiere of this show, awesome possum! Wow it started out hitting the ground running, I felt like I couldn't look away at the screen or catch my breath for the whole hour. And Raymond Reddington - James Spader, I just love his character, he is so good at being bad and good sometimes too. He is so the man. I'm so looking forward to next week, waiting on pins and needles to what's going to happen next and to who.

Started watching this show about 4-5 episodes into the first season (and then caught up on the ones I missed). Great stuff...loved the S2 premiere, and looks like they're going to be having a lengthy plot thread (or two) spanning the episodes.

So disappointed in season 2 so far (watched up to episode 8 - I think it's on a hiatus until early Feb 2015 now). The first episode of season 2 was good but the story seems to be all over the place now - I'm not sure where is goes from here.

I won't go into the 'mid-season finale' details for those that haven't seen it but convoluted doesn't begin to cover it. :confused:

The first episode of season 2 was good but the story seems to be all over the place now - I'm not sure where is goes from here.
They made the same mistake that a lot of other shows have made their second season; instead of presenting stand-alone episodes with a running sub-plot they switched gears in S2 to make the former running sub-plot the main focus of each episode with the stand-alone stories now being the sub-plots.

With the S2 mid-season finale, at least they wrapped up the "Berlin" story and circled back around to a character that was prominent in S1.

The best part of the finale was that the Berlin arc and character was wrapped up. Didn't care for for Lizzy and Tom though. It was all about Red for me.

The best part of the finale was that the Berlin arc and character was wrapped up. Didn't care for for Lizzy and Tom though. It was all about Red for me.
Tom never had my attention. Whether it was as the husband or prisoner, all of his scenes were a bit bland. Red is definitely the 'scene stealer' when he appears and Lizzy is pretty close behind. Unfortunately I find even the FBI tech (whose name I forget at the moment, but is the guy that Red threatened at one point and is the resident tech geek) I find to be more interesting than Tom. It's time for Tom to fade away for good.

We watch and enjoy the show although I agree with Gemma, things are a bit blurred at this point.

The thing that bugs me most about any show these days is the mid season breaks. I hate disruptions in a series.

Verna

S3 of The Blacklist starts tomorrow at 9PM. :smiley:

Hopefully with the arc about Berlin resolved the show will simplify the story lines.

After 10 seasons, that is how it ends?! :eek:

They could've at least answered some of the big lingering questions. :confounded:

I'd stopped watching it years ago...I'm sure all the questions I had back then (which I can't even remember) probably weren't even answered at the end...

Back