Religion The Book of Revelations

Who is John of Patmos? Is this the last apostle of Christ? Is he imposer? Are his dreams / visions hallucinations? Is he on drugs or drunk or demented or schizophrenia? How

Who is John of Patmos? Is this the last apostle of Christ? Is he imposer? Are his dreams / visions hallucinations? Is he on drugs or drunk or demented or schizophrenia? How
I... I got to admit, it's been years since I've read it and don't recall any of it.

What kind of visions was John having?

I think the visions were put in his mind by guess who and then asked to record it as a message to later generations (The Revelations). It depicts the days before and during the return of Christ the saviour–I guess someone will have to do it!) from current day chaos man has got himself into to when everything is at peace ('the Lion sleeps with the Lamb'). Lasts some thousand or so years. I suppose it says that there is no going to Heaven but that it will be on the physical Earth. Don't ask I'm not!

John of Patmos was one of the original twelve disciples (last living).
Christians believe the visions are accurate reflections of the future
others believe he was hallucinating.
much of it still unexplained. lots and lots of theories. check out two guys, Chuck Missler (recently deseased) and Perry Stone. they explain stuff pretty well.
think of the movie 2012 and add a super-dictator.

Back