Drama The Bourne Supremacy

Sophie said:
I saw it last wednesday (the day it came out in france), and I have to say it was realy cool !! :D
I can't wait for the 3rd one.
8/10 (y)

I have 1 question, isn't the guy (the bad guy who kills, who's also in the car pursuit) also a guy who is in LOTR ??!! :blink:
[post="994333"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes,he was in LOTR!

Ya'll the books and the movies are really very diffrent! Both are excellent IMO but the books have SO MUCH detail about Jason!

I LOVED,LOVED,LOVED this movie! I have seen it 3 times now! Although it was sad in the begining I am glad that Maria was not around. That is something that always bothered me about her in the books,IMO she just gets in his way.But at the same time she is a calming force in his life. I LOVED the ending! it was totally cool! He was cool! I liked how calm and cool he was.
Matt Damon IS Jason Bourne!! NO ONE else could play that role but him!
And Finally he knows now who he really is!
Can't wait for Bourne Ultimatium!

BTW: where do we know for sure that Matt Damon has decided to play Jason Bourne again in "BU",I saw before that he said he wouldn't unless the script is as good if not better than the previous!

Dude, I still don't get why people are like "I can't SEE anything! Why is the camera moving?!"

IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT. You're supposed to see it through Bourne's eyes. Action in real life, isn't always nice and pretty and calm. It's frantic, messy, REAL. The shaky camera added to the suspense and urgency of the movie. It made you feel like you were actually experiencing it in REAL life. That's what the Bourne movies are about. The aspect of REALism.

I personally absolutely ADORE this movie. Seriously, like one of my favorite movies ever. The action was beyond words. From the car chase in the beginning, to the TOTALLY tense and suspenseful Alexanderplatz exchange, to the city/bridge chase, to the ending city and car chase, just SO GOOD. The way it was shot, the pacing, the music. WOW

Next point, the music. If ALIAS was made into a movie, it would have music like "The Bourne Supremacy". Instead of high-tech, sythensized music, they used an orchestra. AWESOME scores!

The acting. Matt Damon is seriously PERFECT to play this role. He doesn't over do it. He just, becomes it. Nothing is forced. The interrogation scene in the room with Julia Stiles gave me goosebumps. Joan Allen, Julia Stiles (surprisingly), and Brian Cox all gave noteworthy performances as well.

The story. I thought that it was much better than the first. He's framed, they're after him. He thinks that they're after them for a different reason. There's this missing money. Twisty storylines, unpredictable plots, very good conclusion.

The ENDING! HOLY felgercarb I love that song. "Extreme Ways" by Moby. What I love more is the fact that it was the same music that ended the first movie!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

If ya hadn't seen the first one, there's no way you'd like this one. ^_^ But even I admit the first one was ten times better. It was more true to the books, too... *sigh*

I dunno, I haven't read the books, but I still love "Supremacy" much more than "Identity".

I just thought that the story was more believeable and not as out there. There was more stuff going on in the second one too.

And maybe it was just me, but ALL of the advertising for the first movie was that he was a spy that had amnesia. Then he spends an hour of them movie trying to find out who he is. Well we already know. So I thought most of the stuff in the beginning was just pointless. We already know what he's going to find out.

The second one packed more shockers too. The death of *****, the Alexanderplatz Charade, the assassination of the Russian politician, the first "job" in Berlin, the mole in the CIA, there was just more stuff going on to keep us entertained.

The first one was better, but Supremecy did have it's upsides. I just don't think the suspense and mystery was the same as the first one. I would watch it again though.

Apparantly The Bourne Ultimatum is awaiting a script written for it, a tentative 2007 release, Matt Damon will be returning, so far that is all I know, I loved these films. Damon is a perfect Jason Bourne. Cant wait to see what this one will be like!! I have all 4 of the books and they are awesome, The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum and The Bourne Legacy. I personally think they will stop at 3 films, hopefully I am proved wrong!

I hope Ultimatum is good! The movies are unfortunately nothing like the books, though I did adore the first one. Maybe the third will go back to the original story? Here's hoping. :smiley:

If this post is too long just skim or scan, or stop reading now. This post provides an overview of the whole Bourne series, franchise.-Ron Price, Tasmania
----------------------------------------------------------
IDENTITY

Identity is always in crisis and that's a distinctive characteristic of European thought.-Julia Kristeva

Part 1:

I think there’s something about a character in movies or in books facing the huge problems and challenges of life in the contemporary world, or at some time in history, and meeting these issues head-on with courage. The character must allow for darkness and mistakes and, if there is ultimately a morality in the plot, then there is an added spice of inspiration for the reader or viewer.1 The Bourne Identity, which I watched at the end of the second week of the autumn season in Tasmania sometime in the evening of my life, had all of these ingredients. At least they existed for me. The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum and The Bourne Legacy followed as the evening of my life lengthened, and as the Bourne franchise continued to entertain millions. This is a revision, written in the Tasmanian spring of 2014, of a piece I wrote some two years ago.

Part 1.1:

The films in this series were about many things. Millions of viewers enjoyed the ride and the series grossed hundreds of millions of dollars for the investors. Even if many of the themes elude viewers as they get caught-up in the plot and the action scenes, the touches of eroticism and the mysteries of the CIA, intelligence operatives, social control and implied world domination. People love the character, Jason Bourne, because it speaks to them but not in a partisan way. The character certainly spoke to me, as did the super-agent man in the most recent of the Bourne films, Aaron Cross. After reading and teaching philosophy, the social sciences, and religion for more than 50 years; after dealing with issues like identity among many others, these films were made-to-measure for my philosophically-inclined predispositions.

Here is a little more of my overview.-Ron
------------------------------------------------
The characters and the plot spoke to the way the world is, at least as I see it, and have seen it for decades. The story and the protagonists are chocker-block full of difficulties, challenges and enough violence to keep your sensory-motor organs on all-ahead-full. Ultimately, if you can keep struggling toward the light, you will find that the road, the travelling, has meaning and purpose. It turned-out that way for Jason Bourne, played by Matt Damon, and his next-in-line, agent Aaron Cross played byJeremy Renner. They find out more and more about who they are. Viewers live in hope that they, too, will learn more about who they are, that they will get a greater sense of identity, if they run, if they just keep trying. Of course, there are no guarantees. The whole Bourne series, known as a franchise, is aggressively contemporary and that’s part of its appeal. No many knows what his own end will be. In that sense we are all Jason Bournes. We are all enhanced by our education, our studies, by the knowledge explosion, by the advanced in sciences and technology. But identity, as Kristeva tells us over and over again, is always in crisis.

If I was teaching philosophy or one of the several social sciences that deal with the subject of identity, and if I wanted my charges to understand Julia Kristeva's philosophy2 and her thought as a literary critic, psychoanalyst, sociologist, feminist and novelist, I'd give them a trailer, a teaser, of these films, wet their whistles and send them home to watch the rest. –Ron Price with thanks to 1director Paul Greengrass, "Interview: The Bourne Ultimatum,” Collider.com, 25 July 2007; and 2 Ruth Schneider, "Julia Kristeva, The Berlin Interview!" Exberliner, 2 March 2011.

Back