Season 5 The Cardinal

Dark Phoenix

Frakkin' Insanity
So Tom or Peter, is clearly woriking for someone/something called the Cardinal! What or who is it?

Could it be Irina?

Or maybe Irina is working to find out who the Cardinal is!

I'm not so sure that they would make it Irina again. She was The Man in season 1 and 2. It may be Amy Acker's character. And I think that Tom/Peter is definitely working for Prophet 5. But the question is, did his wife (if he ever even had one) really get killed? She may have been like Danny. Tom/Peter may have told his wife about his 'job' and his organization may have had her killed.

Any thoughts?

I'm not so sure that they would make it Irina again. She was The Man in season 1 and 2. It may be Amy Acker's character. And I think that Tom/Peter is definitely working for Prophet 5. But the question is, did his wife (if he ever even had one) really get killed? She may have been like Danny. Tom/Peter may have told his wife about his 'job' and his organization may have had her killed.

Any thoughts?

I think it's a good thought, but if that was the case, then why work with Prophet 5?

It seems he has a different agenda than the others, but I wouldn't be too surpirsed to find it if it's NOT him. It might be a character we are more familiar with

my first reaction was Irina... but maybe its the dude sloane keeps talking to... or maybe its even Peyton... dunno

It's fairly obvious by now that Prophet Five has something to do with Rambaldi. I'm going to go as far to put forward this theory: Prophet Five is Rambaldi's organization, and Rambaldi is the Cardinal. I've long felt that Rambaldi is alive given the clockmaker hint.

Also Rambaldi was Italian, and I believe that Grace and whathisface were speaking Italian. Also Cardinal is a Catholic Church office, and since Rambaldi was a Pope's architect, etc....

if rambaldi is alive then rambaldi is vaughn - have said it for ages - so maybe he is the cardinal too!? could vaughn have worked with Tom / Peter all along?? maybe thats why Jack went to him after vaughn's "death" - perhaps vaughn suggested tom.

i doubt irina is the cardinal - although i would like to see tom's undervcover actions tie in with the stuff with prophet five somehow - i like alais to be nice and neat. but if he had been working with irina it would make jack look a bit stupid since he hired tom in the first place. and if you remember the chats tom and jack had at first it seemed like jack knew what was going on with tom all along!!!

vaughn is rambaldi?!?!? for real jems?!!? :blink: duuuuuuuude that'd be MESSED UP
but i do believe vaughn my play some part in rambaldi's prophecy - after all, it seemed like all psycho obsessive people do (sloane, irina, and then Bill)

Also Rambaldi was Italian, and I believe that Grace and whathisface were speaking Italian. Also Cardinal is a Catholic Church office, and since Rambaldi was a Pope's architect, etc....

I think they were actually speaking German. But I do agree with the Rambaldi connection in regards to 'The Cardinal'

I don't know who the Cardinal is, and I don't know exaclty what Tom has to do with all of this... though I must say that suddenly he is VERY interesting!
HOWEVER, that being said.... I think there is something very important we need to know before we can figure anything else out.... Alan Korman, the guy who supposedly killed Tom's wife... (if that's what really happened)... why is he in CIA Witness Protection?
If this guy was some Prophet Five officer, the only reason he would be in CIA Witsec is if he had turned himself in and was granted immunity. But then why would Tom go to him to get a message to the Cardinal if indeed this all has to do with Prophet Five?
Did Amanda Grace's death have more to do with CIA operations? I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

They said that all this will lead back to the very first begining, so maybe no one is working for who they think..

And Jack did chose Tom, and Jack is not dumb!

The Cardinal could also be a guy/woman we havn't seen yet!

I think Irina's agenda has to do with the Cardinal, maybe she is trying to find out who it is..

My current bet is the Cardinal is Devlin. I doubt the producers would bring in a caompletely new character for this role.

Tom had to go through Korman (the witness protection guy) to get a message to the Cardinal. Korman was in CIA witness protection - meaning that someone with power in CIA had to put him there. Tom couldn't contact Devlin himself, because it would have been too obvious he was up to something. Devlin was pretty nervous when Jack wanted to shoot someone in the alpha-black meeting - too nervous if you ask me. And then after Tom contacts Korman, Devlin shows up at APO? Coincidental? Methinks not.

So the question is then, what could the Cardinal be doing? Even if it isn't Devlin, I don't think the Cardinal is attached to prophet 5 - I just don't see Tom being that much of a double agent. That means that someone independent of prophet 5 is interested in what APO is doing. Maybe Devlin still doesn't trust Sloane after what he pulled in S4, and Tom has been installed to watch him, now Tom has called in Devlin.

Back-up Cardinal prediction - Sark.

Back-up back-up Cardinal prediction - Will. He's also in CIA protection. But Will's just a little too innocent, isn't he?

Back-up back-up back-up prediction - McKennus Cole. Hmm. . . That's probably more likely than Will. Maybe he should be my back-up back-up prediction. But this would definitely mean that Tom isn't good after all. But I like Tom - he reminds me a bit of Sam Fisher in the Splinter Cell series.

Hmmm.... Maybe the Cardinal is Vaughn because it seemedl like he wasn't being kept hiding against his will, and maybe the baby plays into this. No doubt Syd's baby is going to have something to do with Rambaldi.

Then again, what if Marshall or Wiess played into this some how. How messed up would that be?

if rambaldi is alive then rambaldi is vaughn - have said it for ages - so maybe he is the cardinal too!? could vaughn have worked with Tom / Peter all along?? maybe thats why Jack went to him after vaughn's "death" - perhaps vaughn suggested tom.

whoa, if Vaughn Rambaldi, that would be totally messed up, I will freak out if that's true, but I love that kind of twisted idea. I wonder how Syd would react to that Info? :angelic:

What about Renèe? Maybe she is the Cardinal? Must be a juicy storyline for her too!

Gone from "The Raven" to "The Cardinal" :P

ok...so many possibilities here. I like the cardinal-rambaldi idea. The name the cardinal does suggest someone rambaldi related. I also definietely think Devlin isnt good. But, i dont think hes the cardinal. The cardinal has to be vaughn, becuase that would spell out the direct tie from rambaldi to Syd, Irina, and Nadia(The prophecies, the Irina box, etc.). But, vaughn isnt necessarily rambaldi, as much as i like that idea, and as much sense as it makes. Ive always suspected Rambaldi was closer than we thought, ever since the clockmaker. But isnt it possible that the clockmaker was rambaldi?
To sumit all up:

Devlin= bad
Vaughn= cardinal, who isnt all that bad
Rambaldi=????perhaps alive...

ok...so many possibilities here. I like the cardinal-rambaldi idea. The name the cardinal does suggest someone rambaldi related. I also definietely think Devlin isnt good. But, i dont think hes the cardinal. The cardinal has to be vaughn, becuase that would spell out the direct tie from rambaldi to Syd, Irina, and Nadia(The prophecies, the Irina box, etc.). But, vaughn isnt necessarily rambaldi, as much as i like that idea, and as much sense as it makes. Ive always suspected Rambaldi was closer than we thought, ever since the clockmaker. But isnt it possible that the clockmaker was rambaldi?
To sumit all up:

Devlin= bad
Vaughn= cardinal, who isnt all that bad
Rambaldi=????perhaps alive...

Whoa all this talk about this is giving me a headache. Although, I think that your on to something. Prehaps Vaughn isn't Rambaldi, but if he is alive...then who is it? Vaughn would've been my guess, until i read what you wrote. Now I'm not so sure anymore....

Delvin knows who the Cardinal is. I doubt that he is the Cardinal. I like the Vaughn being Rambaldi thing but that is way out there. Vaughn is just Vaughn I think part of Rambaldi's plan but never mentioned by Rambaldi.

Back