Sci-Fi Frank Herbert's Children of Dune

I finally saw Children Of Dune,
It was superb!!!Loved every minute of it!!!!My favorite character is Paul Muad'dib. He went through difficult times... with losing his beloved Chani and all those people killing in his name, even though he clearly did not want this and finally only being able to gain peace through death. The actor portrayed this character with a lot of depth(plus sex appeal and charm!!!) No matter how many different adaptions of this movie may come out in the future....Alec Newman will always be Muad'dib for me!!!.
I also enjoyed Alia, that lady was one tough chick and yet fragile!!!(Kudos to Daniela Amavia)......Leto chose to sacrifice his humanity in order to preserve the future.(wow)
My Favorite scenes:
1. Any scene with Muad'dib in it!!!
2. Chani's birth scenes and then her telling Muad'dib that "nothing in this universe is as great as my love for you" , then she dies.
3. Alia's fight scene, her dictatorship(my way is the only way!!), her husband catching her having sex with Javid(lol, she made her devoted husband cry because of that!!!)
4. any Leto and Ghanima scenes(the actors did great!!)
5.Leto's reunion with his father and him telling his father of the love they never got to share as father and son.
6.Leto's final fight scenes with Alia(he kicked his aunt's ass!)......you saw Alia'a vunerability as she turned to her mother and said "Mummy help me!!!!"
7.Alia killing herself in the end in order to stop the demon inside her.... and as she is dying she tells her mother, "I want my brother" (see she was good deep down! and was only trying in her mind, to do want her brother wanted....because she loved and kind of worshipped her brother Muad'dib!!!)

The litany against fear was fabulous:"Fear is the mind killer...I will face my fear and let in pass though me"
.......sorry for spending so long on this post I just loved the miniseries so much :blush:

I absolute love Children of Dune. James Mcavoy is who plays Leto. He is such an amazing actor. I'm on a message board like this for him. I love the scenes between Leto and Lady Jessica. Then near the end with the sandtrout. Just an amazing job done by everyone. Plus, I'm a huge fan of the books.

Vicky :smiley:

I got the DVD like, a week ago! My dad and I watched parts 1 and 2 yesterday night and we watched part 3 tonight! I feel so sorry for Lady Jessica though. Both of her kids died in the SAME day!

Isn't the girl who plays Gani (or however you spell her name) beautiful?

She is extremely beautiful. Her scenes with Leto are amazing. I ordered the DVD, so I should be getting it in a couple of days. I cannot wait to see it all over again. I just love this miniseries.

:lol: Anneka.... :lol:

I know, they are sooo amazing! It is soo cool that twins act like that. If only normal brothers and sister acted like that......

Man, I wanna read the books but my dad won't let me until I'm 15.

He said that quote SOOOO many times!!!!

The DVD is AWESOME but I didn't know there was a soundtrack!!

I NEED TO READ THE BOOKS!!! ARGH!! I need to be 15!

To tell you the truth I haven't seen the first b/c it came out when I was like younger. I'll be 12 next month so you see, it came out when I was younger.

The soundtrack is amazing. And James McAvoy, who played Leto, is so talented. He did an amazing job. Him and Alex Newman grew up in the same place in Scotland. I just think that's such a coinsadence. Scottish guys, yum!