The Chronicles of Narnia

I've really only read the The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe...and the one with the colored rings (which one was that?) but I always wanted to finish the series!

The one with the coloured rings is the Magician's Nephew. I love all of them, but my favs were the lion the witch and the wardrobe. And The silver Chair. and I remember being so sad in grade six when i read the last battle and Narnia was 'destroyed' probably one of the best series you'll ever read as a child. But i just got a version that included all seven in just one book last week. I'm planning on re-reading it during the summer.
--Mandy :angelic:

I love the Chronicles of Narnia! I read them all several times over, but Voyage of the Dawn Treader is my favorite! The description of things, epsecially towards the end is just amazing! Makes me want to read it again!

I've read a few, but I just got the whole collection so I'm re-reading the ones I have read, and reading the others for the first time. I love them!

I have yet to probably ever finish the series, so could someone give a kind of summary of the story end? Only if you want to, and only to satisfy my wondering mind.

Lol! Someone just PM btVaughn. I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in third grade. I read it in 4th grade because it was a school book. And then we saw the movie just for fun. (Really dumb by the way, don't watch it). And last year (5th grade) I finished all of them. It was sad in The Last Battle!!!!

I'm on the third one right now. The Horses Boy. I heard that he smoked crack to write the books. I have all of them but have only read that far so far. My friend read them all.

I've read it twice, but that was awhile. The only thing I really remember is liking them a lot except for one.... err.. *thinks* The Horse and his boy? I think that's the title. It was alright I suppose, but the other ones were better. I also really liked the movies made fromt he books. :smiley:

kylo4 said:
I heard that he smoked crack to write the books.
LOL--very, very doubtful. CS Lewis was a Christian author, and most of his books were Christian based. Even the Chronicles of Narnia were full of Christian symbolism. I find it hard to believe he would smoke crack in order to write them....

I really need to read them, though. I read the first one a long time ago and loved it. I wonder why I never read the whole series? I'm such a huge fan of that genre anyway, and love CS Lewis to pieces!

I've read them all many, many times. :D They're one of those series I read over and over again as a child and never got tired of.

If you guys like Narnia, try John White's Archives of Anthropos series. They're along the same lines as the Narnia books, but aren't well known as Naria, and are harder to find. But they're great books, too. You should all check them out. :smiley:

I have read the first two books of the seris, and think that they are just wonderful. I know they are supposed to be for kids, but does anyone else read them?

Back