The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

hey how come they closed my hey if ur mormon post here!! topic? :( im sad now!!! crys a little! well oh well but here i am mormon gurl lauren vartan!! im gonna convert the whole cast a crew of alias and then im gonna marry michael vartan in the san diego temple!! (cuz thats were i live) OOOO GUESS WHAT! they are opening a new temple kinda by me its called the redlands temple and im gonna go to the open house so i can go through it!! im soo excited! i went throught the san diego one when i was live 4 or 3 but all i remeber was putting on whitl little bootie things and the bathrooms. but i have corse seen the baptisamal font cuz i go and do baprisms for the dead all the time!!

lauren vartan :surf:

I went to the Spokane Temple I think 2 saturdays ago...I did Baptisms for the dead as usual...but it was cooler because I brought my own names of my family and did them...so it was neat :smiley:

I was supposed to get my patriarchal blessing on Sunday...but the patriarch cancelled :( I had fasted and everything! I was ready! lol...oh well...NEXT Sunday...:S

oh ya you told me but i totally forgot im gonna get my soon. cuz i had my little paper/pass thingy from my old bishop and then i moved and now i have to get a new one and i don't even know who the bishop really is and i don't know the patriarch either so im waiting just another month or so. i think i will wait till like school starts or alias seson 3 starts cuz i just moved ya know and i want to know what is gonna become of my life!! i moved cuz my parents got a divorce so its been hard. i think i need that guidence. but ya im gonna fast too beforeand everything. thats is what my sister did!! ok i'll pm u soon!!

I'm sorry about your parents divorce...that's rough...did they get a temple divorce??

I don't think you need a new reccomend to get a blessing if you are in a new ward...it should be good for any ward...but maybe I'm wrong...I'll ask my dad...

You should get to know your bishop...they're always friendly lol...my Dad is one hehe...i can't wait until he's released though...being Bishop takes so much of his time up...and on top of that he's Chairman of the school board...and he is President of this clothing company called Coldwater Creek...He's hardly ever home! I miss him sometimes lol

I get my patriarchal blessing in 2 sundays from now...the Patriarch just called last night. I'll share some of it with you when I get it...

Talk to ya soon Lauren!

WOW thats sounds really kewl!!! ya my mom was relief society prez for 2-3 years b 4 we moved and shes was always either not home going somewhere or on the phone!!! well i still have no update on the kenneth cope thing tho but i'll ask my mom again! o ya i want to get to know my bishop b4 just to feel more comfortable aroung him and the patriarch. im soooo excited to get mine!!!! are you nervous? i probably will. I'll probably have to pee cuz i always do when i nervous!!! lol hahahhaha. so ya i posted in the volleyball topic so u can read my stuff about volleyball there!!! lol ok wel im gonna pm u today anyways!!! lol

hehe! Relief Society Prez seems like the hardest job!! Even harder then bishop!! Because the church asks the relief society to do EVERYTHING!! I wouldn't be able to handle it lol...

Yes I am so scared to get my patriarchal blessing...what if it says I'm gonna be alone all my life then die a tragic death lol! I read my parents and it's weird how many of the prophecies in theirs have already come true...:thinking: its kinda scary lol...plus the patriarch smells and its a funny smell and it makes me laugh so in the middle of a reverent part what if I take a big whiff and start laughing! lol And I have to pee when I'm nervous too! lol!! I'm gonna be sure and go before, but what if I forget...Ahh! I'm gonna jinx it lol!

I had Youth Conference last week...we did this pioneer thing...it was actually a lot more fun than I thought it was gonna be...We built this log cabin from just the trees we cut down in the woods! It was really fulfilling...and we had to cook all our own meals from animals that we brought (i had to cut off a chicken's head blech!) And we had to build lean twos and fire pits and...it was so realistic...I actually fel like a pioneer! I forgot that I was 14 and had a nice warm home! It really made me grateful for the pioneers becuase it was hard! and we were only there for 3 days...expecially walking 8 miles pushing these handcarts...lol...it was very hot...and we wore all pioneer clothes...I had the itchiest bonnet lol...I burned it when I got home lol

when's your youth conference? Are you going to EFY or anything this summer?

OOO! I see I have a pm waiting for me...I'll go check it hehe...Talk to ya later Lauren!

When is Nad gonna come here?? She's mormon tooooo

lol okay im here Nad!! lol hey i just pmed u SydB_JenG!! lol okay well.........im bored!! lol

i crakc my self up i really should be blonde!! the funny is im not that stupid in school though im in honors but im kinda not toooo brite in common sense stuff like i dk!! i can get all the confusing stuff on ALIAS and stuff cuz i luv all that learning but anyways!!!!!! lol

lauren

Lol! *whooooosh* :run: that just went way over my head Lauren lol!!

I just replied to your pm lol...You typed A LOT! haha! Have a fun time in Disneyland!! Eat a mickey mouse popsicle for me!

Have you guys seen this months NEW ERA yet? I liked it a lot! Especially the first story because it talked about the pioneers and I just got back from my pioneer Youth Conference...It talked about all the trials they had to go through and the sacrafices they made and how hard they worked...I sort of had new appreciation for it I guess you could say...I mean I always heard stories about them but was never really grateful for them...and now I am...so ya...I have this thing with the pioneers now lol...I'm gonna call my grandma and see if she has some stories for me about her relatives that crossed the plains :lol: I think her great-great grandpa was in the Martin handcart company...I'd like to here some stories about him lol...anyways! hehe!

I was thinking the 3 of us should do a scripture challenge together to try and finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the summer...It's been awhile since I read it...I keep getting to about 2nd Nephi and quit lol...So I'm thinking maybe we could start somewhere different...Alma maybe...then circle back through...what do you guys think?...If we do 6 pages a day we should finish in 3 months! Are you guys game?

Well, guys I finally made it here! I don't know why I haven't been here before but HI!!! You actaully probably don't even care that I'm here. Sorry about last night Lauren, after the PM incident I got off, thinking you'd never speak to me again! :(

I need some help! We have camp coming up and guess who the lucky person is that got skit duty? ME! I don't know what to do! Anyone have good ideas?

I haven't gotten my patriartical blessing yet. I liked the family oriented New Era a lot! I thought it was awesome! My mom's in Relief Society right now and she says it is HARD. I just got back from EFY and it was awesome. Mo, your Dad OWNS Coldwater Creek?!??!??

Um, yeah, I don't want to reread everything,, so Lauren, they closed down the whole random thread and that's why we can't get into your thread and why Mo made a new one, if this has already been explained, sorry! :rolleyes:

NAD!!! You're here!!! YAY!! Lauren and I kept hoping you'd come lol!!

I'd love to help you with your skit!! What's the theme/topic or whatever lol...We'll do it together!

Do you know when you want to get your patriarchal blessing Nad? I'm kind of scared for it lol

Tell us about EFY! I wanna go next year so I want to hear all about it! I went to a BYU volleyball camp and we saw the EFY people all around there too...it looked like SOOO much fun!! Tell us everything!

My dad doesn't own it...he just runs it...the guy who owns it retired...but my dad is quitting lol...he hates everyone there :lol:

I'm playing the little games in the Friend right now...some of em are kinda hard lol...how do they expect 8 year olds to know this stuff? :blink:

EFY hmm: It is a ton of fun! I'll go through day by day with what you generally do.

Monday: get there (I was at BYU) you have family home evening with your group (you are in a devotional group of twelve (about) and then 3-4 groups join together to form a big group, this year they were called lands since we'll be learning about the Old Testament this year in Seminary, last year they were called counties)

Tuesday: You have a morningside devotional with your session director every morning. Then you go to classes all the teachers are awesome. Then we had an awesome dance. I dances every slow and a lot of the fast!

Wednesday: Classes and then a cheer off/games night! Each Land comes up with a cheer and makes a flag for each group like we were the Land of Rye and our cheer was Who's that group and EFY? You know that group that's really fly! Huh! We're the Land of Rye! What's up? WE're the Land of Rye!

Thursday: You have young women's day. You are either taught or teach with another group of girls just depends on how old you are. Then you have a Variety show (you can try out for it) then you have an awesome firside on Christ. Then you go with your land to a testimony meeting.

Friday: Service projects, picture taking, devotional, and best of all A DANCE!!!! That was awesome.

If you have any questions or details into something, I'd be happy to share them, that wasn't everything, but a bit of it. I love EFY! Well, I', glad you guys wanted me here! The theme for camp this year is Ohauna. Like, from Lilo and Stitch. It means family in Polynesian I guess, but I'm at a loss as to what to do for skits! :confused:

I don't know when I'll get my patriartichal blessing. There was a point when I was about fifteen that I really felt I needed to get it, but I didn't and I haven't had that feeling since so I'll probably wait a bit longer until I get it. That is really cool you're getting yours though!!! Any questions from either of you?

GAAAAAAHHHH! NOW YOU GOT ME ALL EXCITED!! I want to go REEEEEALLY bad now!! How fun!! How many clases do you have on the class day?? Do you guys ever play volleyball? ^_^ Thanx so much for telling us what goes on! It really helped!

Ok...you're skit...well...you should have a family :lol: and they're always fighting and really mean to each other...and something should go wrong with one of the kids...like he goes missing or something...and the whole family has to come together and rescue him/her and do all this detective work and at first they still keep fighting but then they realize that if they want to get anything done they have to work together...and so they're all happy and stuff once the find the kid and they all live happily ever after lol

Now in order to make it interesting each family member should have some querk...the mom could be really clumsy and nervous...and is always dropping things and running into stuff and wringing her hands...

The Dad could be a cheesy game show host on TV and he's all goofy and has really big teeth and bobs his head...you know the type...and he acts game show hosty in real life and he often uses phrases like..."come on down", "you're the next contestant", "let's tell him what he's won Johnny!", and "oh, that's too bad...but as a consolation prize...a lifetime supply of air fresheners!", ya you get the point...lol

One of the boy kids could be really full of himself and carries a mirror around with him everywhere and talks to himself in the mirror and compliments himself and combs his hair all the time...etc...

One of the girl family members could be like a mysterious drama girl...who reads poetry and drinks coffee and talks really slowly and dramatically...and wears black all the time

Another one of the kids could be a pratical joker with hand buzzers...whoopee cushions, rubber chickens, black ink on the telescope, water squirting flowers, that sort of thing...This kid could set off everyone with his jokes and get them fighting again...

Then you have a baby who thinks he's a bear and tries to attack everyone lol

Then there's a perfectly normal kid who's really sad because he hates all this fighting...he never joins in on the fights...and he always tries to get them to stop fighting but they just yell at him...so he runs away...

OK...so here's how the story goes...The whole family is in the kitchen...the mom is at the sink washing dishes and she makes really loud noises and keeps dropping the dishes (make the dishes pie plates so they dont really break but they bake loud noises), the dad has a microphone in his hand and is mouthing words silently and doin his cheesy gameshow host thing, the conceited kid is on a chair looking all cool with sunglasses on and talking to himself in the mirror and checking himself out, the drama girl is drinking coffee and snapping her fingers while writing in a notepad, the baby is running around like a jungle thing and attacking everyone and stops to beat on his chest like tarzan, normal kid is reading a book in the corner...and the joke kid walks through the door from outside and hands his mom a flower...but the flower squirts the mom in the face and she drops the flower shes holding and the cup she has in her hand...so the joke kid and mom start fighting, then the mom and kid go silent but keep mouthing like they're fighting and then the dad and conceited son start talking...the son is talking to himself in the mirror saying how good looking he is and brushing his hair back, etc...and the dad is standing next to him talking animatedly and he throws his arm out while he's talking and hits the son in the face and knocks his glasses off...so the son gets really mad and the dad and his start fighting really loud...meanwhile the mom and joke kid are still fighting too...then the dad and cocky kid keep fighting but are silent too...so then bear baby runs across the room to drama girl and takes the pad she's writing in and starts to rip out the pages...the girl chases after him and runs around the room and soon the whole family is in one big fight...except for normal kid who is still in the corner...he puts his book down and tries to stop the family from fighting...he talks to them and tells them how he hates them fighting all the time and they should stop...but they don't even notice he's talking because they're all too busy fighting...so he yells really loud that he's leaving the house once and for all and he grabs his book and runs out the door...the family keeps fighting for a little while until normal kid can get out of the house and slams the door really loud...the noise makes them jump and they stop fighting and the mom drops the spoon she's holding and one of the kids goes, "what was that"...and then another one of the kids says it was just (normal kid's name) saying he was gonna run away...so the mom gets all worried and tells everyone that they're going to go find him...so they leave and head out into the woods...

In the woods they meet this group of frogs ( you can have a maximum of 4 or less frogs for this part)...they ask the frogs if they've seen normal kid...the frogs say something really random like "the duck flies at midnight" and the family's like "yes thats nice, but have you seen normal kid?" The frogs answer randomly again ...so the family asks yet again and the frogs answer randomly again also...then the family gets mad and starts to yell at the frogs and asks them why they wont tell them if they've seen normal kid...and the frogs reply calmly and say "you didn't say please." So the family goes quiet for a minute and asks the frogs politely if they've seen normal kid and the frogs point and say, "he went that way"

So the family heads off in the direction the frogs indicated and birds start throwing nuts at them (you can have people in the audience throw the nuts or if you need more people to have parts you can have them run in and throw them then run off again really fast) So one of the nuts hits cocky kid and he thinks dram girl threw it at him so they start fighting...the dad gets hit with a nut and he thinks the mom threw it so they start fighting...then a nut hits bear baby and he thinks joke kid threw it at him so bear baby tackles joke kid to the ground and they start wrestling...then a wanders on the stage and says MOOOOOOOOO really loud. The family stops fighting (the mom drops something) and the all look at the cow...the cow introduces himself and says his name is Ronald or something...joke kid steps forward and shakes his hand with a hand buzzer on it...Then the family introduces everyone and tells the cow that they're looking for normal kid...the cow says that he talked with normal kid and that normal kid told him he ran away from home because his family kept fighting...the family becomes somber and the mom starts to cry...everyone hugs her and then they start hugging each other and they all say they're sorry...drama girl gives up her coffee...cocky boy throws away his mirror...joke kid puts his whooppee cushion to the ground...the dad gives up his microphone and bear baby throws away his caveman club he's been hitting people with...then the cow tells them which way normal kid went and they go that way

The go farther and they meet this crippled old elf with a cane who asks if the family is missing a son...they say yes and the elf tells them he let normal kid stay in his treehome...so he takes them to his home and they go inside (the mom runs into the door first)...sitting on a chair is normal kid...and they all rush to him and hug him...the family asks normal kid to come home but he says he doesnt want to go home because they always fight...the family says that they've said they're sorry and promise not to fight again...normal kid says, "really?", then they all say yes and they all hug and say I love you!"

THE END

Ok sorry...that isn't very good...don't feel like you have to use it...it kinda sucks lol...But I hope maybe it helps a little... :thinking: -_-

No problem! You really should go. Our land became really tight, in fact, I checked e-mail today and I've gotten a ton of messages from them! We were an awesome group. I will probably keep more in touch this year than last year. I only talk to about 6 from last years group.

Mo!!! You are absolutely amazing!!! Thank you so much!!! I'll have to talk to the camp director soon!

Have you gotten your blessing yet?

REally??? You guys actually keep in touch??? How neat!!! I can't wait to go!

No problem!! It took a long time but it was a lot of fun! lol...hope you like it lol

No I haven't gotten it yet...The sunday after next...:woot: YEE!!

Nad...I went to All LOTR...looks like fun!!

Now where's Lauren...I wanna hear how Disneyland was??? :lol:

Back