Sci-Fi The Cold Equations (1996)

Tom

An Old Friend
MV5BMTY3ODgyMjcxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTExMzgzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR51,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

TV Movie | 92 min | Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller | 7 December 1996 (USA)
The Cold Equations (TV Movie 1996) - IMDb

Lt. John Barton is sent on a special mission to deliver a special vaccine to a distant mining colony. He is infuriated to find Lee, a stowaway aboard his spacecraft. Barton has only enough fuel to carry himself and his precious cargo, and Lee's added weight insures that they will crash if she stays on board. They have gone too far to turn back, and Barton's superiors make it clear: the mission takes precedence and Lee has to be dumped into space. But she won't go quietly.

This is another one of those movies that are so well-acted it is a pleasure to watch. Now I am searching for Bill Campbell movies. Poppy Montgomery also did an outstanding job.

I remember the title from the old original Twilight Zone episode; never realized that started life as a written work. :giveup:

I don't think it was a Twilight Zone ep?
Yep, but even though I thought I saw it in B&W and was part of the original TZ I'm only finding references to it being S3:16 of the 80's series. I wonder now if I saw it in the 80's on a B&W TV. :cautious:

I am kinda miffed about this observation.
I have all of the TZ series. I have probably watched the referenced episode 4 or 5 times in the last few years. I didn't make the connection.
Star Wars IS IN SPACE, Right?!