The Collectors Corner

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Do you like to collect Sci-Fi and/or Fantasy items? Do you thrill in the hunt for finding the obscure item that would be perfect for your collection? Are you looking for or selling collectibles? If so our new forum is the place for you!

Besides being a fan of the worlds of Sci-Fi & Fantasy I'm also collector. My collection is primarily Star Trek related items with some misc. items thrown in for fun. What I like finding is some of the more offbeat or unusual items over the years. The best is when I'm out with my fiance or others and I come across something by accident.

This new forum is for the discussion of anything & everything related collecting either Sci-Fi or Fantasy related items. It doesn't matter if you looking for something, selling something, want to show others your newest find, or are just looking, it's all open for discussions. ;)

I don't know if this counts as a collection?

I collect the internet? I collect Favorites and Bookmarks. I've over 4000 urls saved and they grow everyday. I have a program that checks their validity every month and I have them sorted into folders. My groups are based on them and I have to schedule their maintenance. My largest folder is SciFi&Fantasy. Science and Space is a close second.
I love to share them. I love 'showing' someone something they didn't know about. Someday I will 'show' someone something that 'clicks' open that thing thats blocking a major scientific breakthru. It's only a matter of showing everyone everything which is entirely possible given the technology thats growing around us.
Some day I will hit delete and make it all go away. Then, Probably build it all back up again. I love when someone shows me a new site!

I guess I'm just stuck in super-Geekdom. :eek:

skwirlinator said:
I guess I'm just stuck in super-Geekdom. :eek:
I wouldn't say that, you just like coming across something new. To some degree I'm the say way. It's one of the reasons why I love watching channels like The Discovery Channel and The History Channel, because there are always shows on where I find out something new I didn't know before. It most likely explains why I tend to immerse myself in sci-fi & fantasy.... the worlds are literally limitless.

Back