The color quality of the e3 2006 clips????

z80

Cadet
The texturing however seemed to use an almost pastel color palette which would not be my preference. The shadows were also very slight and added to the pastel effect creating a look which seemed a bit pale. This may have been due to the screens being used though as the screenshots which are available for other areas of the game look fantastic without a trace of what I’m talking about :P

this quote was taken from http://www.gameamp.com/e3/2006-MMO-Reviews/4.php

This concerns me because it's true. If you compare recent e3 2006 videos to the screenshots we've been seeing there is a huge difference in graphical quality. The screenshots had more realistic and more pronounced contrast and shading. Which in my opinion, was far better than the "pastel" look Gameamp was referring to.

Is this new look temporary or will it go back to the more contrasted and shaded look of the past screenshots? Which style did you prefer?

Originally posted by z80@May 19 2006, 04:08 PM
The texturing however seemed to use an almost pastel color palette which would not be my preference. The shadows were also very slight and added to the pastel effect creating a look which seemed a bit pale. This may have been due to the screens being used though as the screenshots which are available for other areas of the game look fantastic without a trace of what I’m talking about :P

this quote was taken from http://www.gameamp.com/e3/2006-MMO-Reviews/4.php

This concerns me because it's true. If you compare recent e3 2006 videos to the screenshots we've been seeing there is a huge difference in graphical quality. The screenshots had more realistic and more pronounced contrast and shading. Which in my opinion, was far better than the "pastel" look Gameamp was referring to.

Is this new look temporary or will it go back to the more contrasted and shaded look of the past screenshots? Which style did you prefer?
dont forget that there are many things that can change the "feeling" of the color. Color profiles of the display, graphic settings....

and u loose some color information when u take a video with a video cam, then again when u encode it for web publishing...lets wait for an official trailer to see how the colors really look like

It's hard to tell for ourselves because all of the videos we've seen were taken by aiming a camcorder at a monitor. That obviously won't lend itself to the best video quality.

Still, I share your concerns based on that gameamp article but I'm not going to worry that much about it. The screenshots have looked awesome so I'm going to assume it was just a crappy monitor at E3 until proven otherwise.

Originally posted by Korama@May 19 2006, 04:22 PM
It's hard to tell for ourselves because all of the videos we've seen were taken by aiming a camcorder at a monitor. That obviously won't lend itself to the best video quality.

Still, I share your concerns based on that gameamp article but I'm not going to worry that much about it. The screenshots have looked awesome so I'm going to assume it was just a crappy monitor at E3 until proven otherwise.
I bet it was crappy footage. If you think about it, you're relaying the image 4~ times. From the computer-->Screen (best quality)--->Camcorder (decent)---> compressed so people can actually download it (horrible)

Two of the four screens used at e3 "did" seem to wash out the color a bit. 1 of the four just looked fabulous.

I can only say that "pastel" is not the color that we are going for.

It was just the monitors/screens gang. No frets here.

Originally posted by HJ-Royce@May 19 2006, 07:52 PM
Two of the four screens used at e3 "did" seem to wash out the color a bit. 1 of the four just looked fabulous.

I can only say that "pastel" is not the color that we are going for.

It was just the monitors/screens gang. No frets here.
And thats FINAL! Good to have things cleared up by an in-house GM sometimes! Seriously, what's your address. i will definatly mail you an 18pack of beer of your choice!

You didn't answer my question. Stop changing the subject, frosty!!!! ;) I'm sorry. But I talk on forums like I would talk in RL.

*recedes into corner and stays quiet...with no beer....* :(

TBQH (To be quite honest) It would please me to have not have the pastelness, but it wouldnt stop me from playing.

But seeing as to how Royce has sealed the deal, This post is pointless.

I can't have beer, im 15.

MEXICAN TEQUILLA IS THE WAY TO GO MANG!

<hands out non-alcoholic drinks>

Pastels are ok, but not my thing... either way, I'd still play too. My monitor and graphics card suck, so by the time the game is released I should have a totally new system.

~ Jaraeth