The Color Red

Ok, Theres all this talk about 47. Well I have been watching the DVDs, and just watched the pilot. There are tons of red things throughout the whole show. In the pilot alone, there is the red ball in the Mueller device, Sydney drives a red truck, she dies her hair red, she is wearing a red shirt when she fights with security section and first learns about SD-6 and she wears a red dress to the party when she first meets Suit and Glasses. Ok, so maybe its nothing, but as I see more red, I will post it here. If you all want to talk about or post RED sightings here, be my guest.
Nan

Red-Love, passion, sexuality, courage, strength, vitality

I think that with the pilot, with the red hair and everything, kinda set the red thing off. Red is also the color of love, which is a recurring theme on the show (*cough*love triangle*cough) and I believe red is also associated with passion, which is also in the show. Passion for the job, passion for Vaughn...... I mean... ^_^ So maybe that's it.

That’s a really good point, michaelvaughnsgirl_ak. I never thought about just how much red there was. A lot of times it appears during major transitions in Syd’s life. Syd was wearing a red wig in “The Two” when she shot up that sports car to get the CIA drone plans back, and that was kind of a turning point in that she was beginning to reclaim her life.

She was also wearing a red wig in her dream state in “Conscious.” Just as she was remembering the “faceless” men who were coming to retrieve her from her apartment, the camera panned around her body, and she was standing there in a red wig. I wonder what the symbolism of that was, since Kendall's little flashback for Sydney on the plane did not include any mention of red wigs.

[ot] Also, love your sig about your J/I instinct shutting down and moving to S/V, cg's-gal_72689. I’m right there with you. Maybe you should start a thread with that theme. [\ot] :lol:

i agree with peace 47 i STILL love irina she rocks but im not a i/j shipper anmore...
*sarcastic, just b/c its NANS thread*
doesnt sydney always wear black too... ooohh freaky, nah she wares red lingre too dont she well the fat guy told her to out the red won on and i think she perfferd black..

*after knocking him out* "what was wrong with the blac one?"

oh i love that quote!

:eek:fftopic:

"part of the Lauren Reed haters club! Down with La Senora Idiota Vaughn! S/V Forever!!"

haha!!! :lol:

i love this part of your sig!!! especially the La Senorita Idiota part! :D

What was the color of that ball thingy that they blew up and Vaughn almost died from? You know the episode where he went missing? Was it red?

this is a very good point. i'm gonna mention it in our content planning so we look out for it - just like 47!! :smiley:

OMG now I'm going to be on the constant look out for red things too plus the number 47. :rolleyes: Red is an archetype for blood, violence, passion, and heat, like black is for death or evil- so taht's probably why its used so much. It sets an unconcious tone for the scene.

In Greece in S1, the dress and sunglasses were red too.

One more sighting that I read about somewhere awhile back (I didn’t discover it myself):

This sighting goes along with red appearing at transitional points in Sydney’s life. In “Full Disclosure,” when Sydney leaves Kendall to go see Vaughn, she is sitting in a car watching Vaughn meet up with Lauren. A red neon light faintly flashes across Sydney’s blond hair several times during that scene, making her hair appear red. She then calls Kendall and tells him she’s willing to do whatever he wants her to do. :redhair:

More RED stuff...

- the color of Francie's restaurant (following Jack's interior decorating advice)
- the red leather corset Sydney wore when they were in that sex club in Second Double
- the bright red jump suit Sydney wore when she was at the Asiatic Space Agency in Cipher

That's all I can think of for now. My most memorable red "sighting", though, is still the red lingerie from Phase One (Put on the red one. :lol:smiley:

You're right, Nan! Alias does use the color red a lot. I really don't mind. Red is my favorite color. :D

OMG.... I never thought of the color red as being significant in Alias before. Now when I watched Moulin Rouge for the first time, that was the first thing that hit my friend and I -- the significance of the color red. I can't believe I never noticed it during Alias.

In So It Begins, Sydney is wearing a red shirt when Vaughn tells her the truth about how big SD-6 really is. And thats also the first time they fight about anything.

Oh yeah! How could I forget that - my favorite scene! She also wore a red dress in Parity, the first time she fought with Anna Espinosa.

Back