Politics The continued polarising of the US

I read this essay online about if the the us continues to be polarised between left and right wing politics, this may lead to civil war. What do you think?

We are deeply divided.

And although I'd like to think that we're smarter than that, who really knows.

Do you have the link to the article? I'd be interested in reading it. :smiley:

omg, Sex Dwarf! i cant believe i didnt think of this sooner! you figured it out!

no, like, im totally not being sarcastic or joking. another civil war is gonna be the climax of the fourth turning!

ok, this sounds very weird, but it makes sense. well, maybe not to you but i dunno how to explain it. it's strange, this feeling of revelation.

history repeats itself. i am so moving out of this country before 2020. wow, i was so off in my fic about We Could've Been Heroes, although the concept of our generation being mutated is still fair game.

ok, now it just sounds like im rambling and going off topic, but it has very much to do with the topic.

grr! i cant explain it. if anyone vaguely understands what im saying, help me explain it.

I've lost the link to the article , so sorry about that. But this is my take on it, people in the US are deeply divided on religious and political grounds. You could argue thats this has been happening over decades, but its emerging now because the christian right have a voice in politics, like at no other time in US history. But i understand that Bush's popularity is at it's lowest than it's ever been, so are people in the US waking up?

Well, I agree that we're divided and I don't think it's serious enough to have a civil war breakout.
true, we're not polarised enough now, but give it another 10 years. Bush is sadly only the beginning. i dont mean to be all predestination-y but it's only going to get worse. look at the last time this (a Crisis phase in history). it was started by the 1929 Crash and culminated in WW2. 9/11 was the threshold of the current Crisis phase. what it'll culminate in is still unknown...until now. a civil war is an excellent hypothesis.

that's what i was trying to get at before.

actually, now that i think about it, i dont think it's very likely logistically. people dont just form militias and take a rifle off the wall anymore. where would we get the weapons (both Blue and Red) to fight one another? another thing, the blue states arent clumped together like the Confederate was in 1861. so trying to unite the Blue states would be difficult. you can suggest Canadian aid, but the US could bomb the felgercarb out of Canada that she wouldn't help the Blue states.

actually, now that i think about it, i dont think it's very likely logistically. people dont just form militias and take a rifle off the wall anymore. where would we get the weapons (both Blue and Red) to fight one another? another thing, the blue states arent clumped together like the Confederate was in 1861. so trying to unite the Blue states would be difficult. you can suggest Canadian aid, but the US could bomb the felgercarb out of Canada that she wouldn't help the Blue states.

How about mass migration to Canada *lol*......... o wait, but thats what the gay comunity are already doing *lol*

How about mass migration to Canada *lol*......... o wait, but thats what the gay comunity are already doing *lol*
wow, clearly ur not from California. i would never leave California to live somewhere else permanently. i have a hard time going on vacation outside of California, that's how bad it is. i dont care if Hitler were President, you'd have to literally pick me up and drag me out. i heart california.

wow, clearly ur not from California. i would never leave California to live somewhere else permanently. i have a hard time going on vacation outside of California, that's how bad it is. i dont care if Hitler were President, you'd have to literally pick me up and drag me out. i heart california.

I'm actually from the North of England , but i have visited California, and yes it is a Beautiful place. I would quite gladly move there.

I'm actually from the North of England , but i have visited California, and yes it is a Beautiful place. I would quite gladly move there.
<mutters explitive of awe> north of england? that is freaking cold! i dont know how people can adapt to that. more power to ya.

back to the topic...polarisation of the US....has anyone heard of MoveOn.org?

Back