The Da Vinci Code

Looks like it did pretty well.. Source is Yahoo news.

"Da Vinci Code" unlocks $224 mln in world sales

All the protests and all the bad reviews could not prevent "The Da Vinci Code" from recording a $224 million worldwide opening, the second-biggest debut ever at the global box office, its distributor said on Sunday.

The controversial adaptation of Dan Brown's best-selling novel, the story of a Vatican cover-up involving Jesus Christ and his supposed offspring, sold about $77 million worth of tickets at movie theaters in the United States and Canada during its first three days, according to Columbia Pictures.

Box-office watchers had predicted a North American opening of between $50 million and $80 million for the most eagerly awaited movie of the year.

The biggest North American opening this year had been $68 million for "Ice Age: The Meltdown" seven weeks ago. But "The Da Vinci Code" numbers were still far from the $115 million record held by 2002's "Spider-Man."

"The Da Vinci Code" earned about $147 million overseas, the biggest international opening ever. The previous record was last year's "Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" with $145 million, Columbia said.

The total haul of $224 million ranks No. 2 behind the $253 million tally for the "Star Wars" movie, the studio said.

I'm extremely please that it did so well. I haven't seen it myself yet but plan to see it immediately when I get the chance.

I saw it yesterday.. it was pretty good actually!

I havn't read the book, cuz I'm not really in to books but the movie was really great!

Some of it was a litle confusing, but I got the story :P

i read the book and saw the movie...
it was horrible.. im not a strong christian.. in fact im probably one of those 'whostary from the path' a lot. but when i saw this movie i laughed. it was soo stupid. everything in it was almost all false. the book was well written but when people say that the movie is is true and everthing in the book happned i feel hurt. That someone would go to such lengths to create a story to hurt christianity and all their beliefs i think thats a real jerk.

pardon me bring so harsh but im feeling really strong about this movie,